• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

Whaaa. So now paying for games opens a Steam app link if paid via the browser rather than display a confirmation page/receipt? Doesn't even function properly as nothing happens in the Steam client.

Update: so I was forced to pay via the Steam client instead. Ugh. With no LastPass availability it's annoying having to copy/paste over details. Wish all games I'd like were on GOG.

Ascheroth

Right most of you louts don't really deserve this but it's tradition soooooo
It's my birthday today so here's a big giveaway. You should be able to enter for more than 1 game.

Let me know if you encounter issues redeeming the giveaway(s) you won
Happy birthday!
Yeah, I think GG culture is completely abhorrent yet I felt like the RimWorld article read like a hit piece.

Then you had their Farming Simulator 17 review where the writer played the game for about an hour (he admits this) just goofing off and then spends the whole article making fun of the game. He doesn't even give any critical criticism. Well, he did complain that he couldn't write the word "Poop" in the field with his harvester.

I understand satire but this was presented as a Review. I know RPS does Wot I Think game-impression articles as well that are more fun hot-takes. Again, the header said it was a FS17 Review.

He got called out so bad in the Comments section that they went on to quietly remove the word Review from the page header. But a Google search still links as a RPS FS17 "Review".

As a fan of Farming Simulator I just thought it was super lame as the franchise has been getting incredibly polished and respected over the past few iterations. And RPS was only interested in doing a hit-piece presented as a critical review for the lolz.

No thanks.
Oh look, it's John Walker.
I don't even read RPS but I feel like every time someone complains about them it leads back to this guy, lol.

Javier23

Banned
Yeah, I think GG culture is completely abhorrent yet I felt like the RimWorld article read like a hit piece.

Then you had their Farming Simulator 17 review where the writer played the game for about an hour (he admits this) just goofing off and then spends the whole article making fun of the game. He doesn't even give any critical criticism. Well, he did complain that he couldn't write the word "Poop" in the field with his harvester.

I understand satire but this was presented as a Review. I know RPS does Wot I Think game-impression articles as well that are more fun hot-takes. Again, the header said it was a FS17 Review.

He got called out so bad in the Comments section that they went on to quietly remove the word Review from the page header. But a Google search still links as a RPS FS17 "Review".

As a fan of Farming Simulator I just thought it was super lame as the franchise has been getting incredibly polished and respected over the past few iterations. And RPS was only interested in doing a hit-piece presented as a critical review for the lolz.

No thanks.
As a frequent reader of RPS, whatever they messed up with the tags there, the closest thing to a review they got are the Wot I Think pieces, not whatever this is. And even then RPS has amusingly called itself before a "glorified blog". Which they are really. If you want scores and comprehensive reviews you go somewhere else. You go to RPS for the writing and the personality and their occassional shining light into some of the more disagreeable aspects of gaming culture.

Press Turn

Neo Member
Woke up after being hype at Samurai Jack like a kid again to see snow. In the middle of march.
In the south US
Good enough time to get a blanket and play videogames

Also happy birthday to the King of Dinosaur- I mean Tizoc

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

MysterY GiFT -- MB-12B6086D7A0A4CAF - Taken by Zeeman - Taken by Javier23

Tonton

It's my birthday today so here's a big giveaway. You should be able to enter for more than 1 game.

Happy birthday despite the junior bullying
jk

Wok

Whaaa. So now paying for games opens a Steam app link if paid via the browser rather than display a confirmation page/receipt? Doesn't even function properly as nothing happens in the Steam client.

Update: so I was forced to pay via the Steam client instead. Ugh. With no LastPass availability it's annoying having to copy/paste over details. Wish all games I'd like were on GOG.

Use KeePass. It works outside of the browser too.

For Firefox, use Passifox and you get almost the same out of KeePass as with any other browser-embedded password managers.

Also, happy birthday Tizoc. May Crom be with you! 😉

Javier23

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

MysterY GiFT -- MB-12B6086D7A0A4CAF - Taken by Zeeman - Taken by Javier23
Already owned this one, but it's one of my childhood favorites. Great choice, if I may say so myself. Will repost in a min.

Nillansan

I mean there's been threads on their stuff here, I'm not imagining this.

I was not disputing that, I was just puzzled by the fact that a Steam GAF regular would be averse to this sort of coverage. These are issues that must be shed light on and discussed.

Never said that, was just citing it as an example of the type of content they started writing that I wasn't a fan of. I'm a simple person who likes witty reviews. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Sure, keep living in your little bubble then.

Mivey

Yeah, disappointment
C6tK42MW0AApd_q.jpg:large
The only justified criticism, in my point, is that they offered such specific things as stretch goals in the first place. Things change in development, the time they didn't spent on some new areas went into other ones. Stretch Goals should be malleable enough to withstand such decisions that will inevitable come up. A good example is "Companion Relationships" from PoE2, they didn't tell people how that could be implemented for each specific NPC, maybe more involved for some, maybe more less so for others.
As for companions, inXile said they will bring some of them, like the Toy, back as free DLC down the line. So some of it must have been time issues as well. The original Planescape had quite a bit of stuff missing as well, the whole Deionarra storyline is only truly finished with a mod, for example.

Kudo

Happy birthdays to Tizoc and thanks for the giveaway!
Entered for Disgaea 2, incidentally that's the only game in Disgaea series I haven't yet played, wish me luck.

Javier23

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Javier23:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Javier23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Very mysterious gift -- MB-12B6086D7A0A4CAF - Taken by Zeeman
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 plus Paradise Lost DLC -- MB-AB7FA083305F7964
Here ya go.

happy birthday

Powerpuff

As I haven't found much I post about a project I have been instantly hyped by.

Celeste is not the only project from the TowerFall creators.

Skytorn is also in development and is worth to be followed.
Centuries after a mysterious cataclysm tore the world apart, humans have taken to the skies - ferrying their kin in airships, searching the remains for artifacts and survivors. Explorer Névoa ventures out across uncharted islands, left floating in the sky. Alone and armed only with a shovel, she is determined to carve her own path.

Skytorn is a procedurally generated action adventure game, set in the ruins of a fallen world.

The game is coming to PS4 / Windows
tumblr_nftelvglUN1ts2nnoo1_500.gif

Skytorn FAQ said:
http://skytorn.tumblr.com/faq

Who is making this game?
The game is currently in development by
Noel Berry (programming, design)
Pedro “Santo” Medeiros (art, design)
Matt Thorson (design, general help / mentoring, level design)
Amora B. (concept art, character design)
Ben Prunty (musician)
Power Up Audio (sound effects)

Inspirations
We draw inspiration from Zelda 1, Flashback, Super Metroid, Spelunky, and some Darksouls and Alien.

What can you do?
Explore. Fight. Find items and powerups. Dive into the depths of the island to find out what’s going on. Y’know, the usual.

tumblr_oc2hzjexAn1ts2nnoo1_540.png

TL;DR
TowerFall + Super Metroid + Spelunky (+a shovel!) = Skytorn <3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Powerpuff, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Powerpuff, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-12C6074C32C538E3 - Taken by Belgarion
Freebie -- MB-444EB28BD31336E6 - Taken by Ventilaator
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-522E305D1DEB64AC - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Heavy Metal Machines -- MB-69BE2F76053BC9E5 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 1 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-58FB295E24110BBD - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks DLC -- MB-E75EF84607C1574B - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-36CD2F7EE60CDDC3 - Taken by voodooray
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-CA9EFE6E0A3BA9C5 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 1 entrants total.
Rituals -- MB-3AD7ECF329A90AFF - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-26D16BD7FBCA360A - Taken by BlakeofT. 1 entrants total.
Violett Remastered -- MB-22A47D67E24A1C9B - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1489332267z1.png

Tizoc

Thanks y'all

Yo adult swim could we get a samurai jack game please?
Im ok woth a simpl short game based on the original run.

As I haven't found much I post about a project I have been instantly hyped by.

Celeste is not the only project from the TowerFall creators.

Skytorn is also in development and is worth to be followed.
I saw a spear in that artwork so I'm already sold. But looking further into your post I guess it's a shovel? Well, good enough. Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom