• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

1979 Invasion Earth -- MB-EB8EF67F78F0A632 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Alpacapaca Dash -- MB-F74FFB1C0A482219 - Taken by Loptous
Be Mine Anniversary Grab Bag #1 -- MB-6A4033C9D9AB7B8A - Taken by Eila
Be Mine Anniversary Grab Bag #2 -- MB-5A3C414E85830064 - Taken by rainking187
Drunken Fight Simulator -- MB-A5C74A94F0C5AA92 - Taken by Javier23
Greenwood the Last Ritual -- MB-C82B32575301530F - Taken by Purkake4
Jelly Killer -- MB-12DF0BE01C6E151D - Taken by Powerpuff
Mortifero Motus -- MB-BB9C3510A913869B - Taken by voodooray
My Pet Rock -- MB-2911FDC67BAEE361 - Taken by Vuze
One Man is Not No Man -- MB-D1A2FA6BE8AC698C - Taken by septicore
Panzer Warfare -- MB-28939737B1B56E99 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath -- MB-E92F92D905D926C6 - Taken by Catshade
Sticker Craft -- MB-4BC07E1279F5A63D - Taken by fuzzy123
The Last Hope: Trump vs Mafia -- MB-542932F3BEC9451A - Taken by darkchewie

MUnited83

For you.
(because playstation ireland, along with playstation serbia and playstation burkina faso and playstation isis, don't know shit about shit?)
Considering PlayStation Ireland had to delete their first tweet where they said it was a exclusive and then issued a correction where they said it was timed, it's likely they got contacted by the main branch that made them correct the info.

Eila

Was the groupees mystery thingy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey -- MB-92410AEE54CAC006 - Taken by Natty1

Tizoc

hey, thanks to tizoc for akin (even if it was already redeemed lol), and happy birthday!

you should post more in league thread
You couldnt redeem the akin gift?
I dont play league much nowadays but would pop in from time to time when new stuff or changes get revealed?

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish day of the tentacle remastered let you play with modern controls on the classic game. it's not game breaking or anything but it's hard to remember the push and pull hotkeys

You couldnt redeem the akin gift?
said it was already redeemed

no biggie tho, it happens

I dont play league much nowadays but would pop in from time to time when new stuff or changes get revealed?
that's ok, i remember you in league thread mostly because i kept thinking you were trolling with ur random theorycrafting questions lol

Wok

Why is this even still a fucking debate after this tweet?

https://twitter.com/PlayStationIE/status/834336383112212480

It's a timed exclusive.

Thanks for making this clear.

Hope is not lost.

A friend of mine suggested that Sony would try to keep the PC release hidden for at least a few weeks after the PS4 release, so that a maximal number of people buy the game on PS4 thinking it would be an exclusivity rather than a timed exclusivity.
So, let us say official PC annoucement on July 30.

Is it really that big a deal if vikings took over Scotland? Crusader Kings 2 seems to think so, because every. single. petty lord, king, and duke in Scotland, England, and Ireland united to beat my invasion force back.

(Land with a red outline are at war with me as I initially tried to fight just the blue bit, Scotland, in the North. I am of course the vikings of Norway. It ballooned into a religious war as they united against the pagan invaders.)
B6744412D1E28529407F4600C4DEDD84BFC2932F
Feels bad, man.

Lesson learned: always have allies for this stuff...

Coreda

Am I missing something?

Cos the article in that link seems to indicate absolutely nothing. Reads more like a guy's opinion

It was pointing out that a site basing their news on a PC release got their wires crossed wrt to comments at PAX that were believed to confirm it (though it's hard to hear on my speakers). Came across it while searching for news on Crash for PC.

Someone later posted however that PS Ireland issued some tweet stating it's only exclusive to PS4 initially, whatever that may end up being. Hopefully we'll see a PC release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

MontaSayer -- MB-661AF78C8027C1C1 - Taken by Catshade
Socxel: Pixel Soccer -- MB-6FCF315D4D09318C - Taken by MaxiLive

Tizoc

i really wish day of the tentacle remastered let you play with modern controls on the classic game. it's not game breaking or anything but it's hard to remember the push and pull hotkeys

said it was already redeemed

no biggie tho, it happens

that's ok, i remember you in league thread mostly because i kept thinking you were trolling with ur random theorycrafting questions lol

4jvQBwg.png

Well that's odd, i am certain I didn't redeem it accidentally myself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defense Grid: Containment Bundle (Defense Grid: The Awakening, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4, Defense Grid: The Awakening - You Monster DLC, Defense Grid: Containment DLC) -- MB-1476AC1B2C73698D - Taken by boybrushdRED. 2 entrants total.

t1489477127z1.png

Deques

I beat Oceanhorn yesterday. The ending was very unsatisfying...

Otherwise the game was fun to play, but the boss fights were boring

Deques

how long did it take?

Totally around 9 hours. 1 extra hour was to find the remaining heart pieces and the other spells that you won't obtain during the story.

If you want to play a Zelda game this is the one that you should play. But I find it that it tried too hard to be a Zelda game and not a game of it's own

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Totally around 9 hours. 1 extra hour was to find the remaining heart pieces and the other spells that you won't obtain during the story.

If you want to play a Zelda game this is the one that you should play. But I find it that it tried too hard to be a Zelda game and not a game of it's own

sounds about right, I had about 8 hours when I dropped it very close to finishing it. Still bummed about that, I didnt "drop it" at the time, I just kinda...stopped playing it for other things, and never got back so technically in the end I did drop it :/

FLD

sounds about right, I had about 8 hours when I dropped it very close to finishing it. Still bummed about that, I didnt "drop it" at the time, I just kinda...stopped playing it for other things, and never got back so technically in the end I did drop it :/

I do the same thing more often than I'd like. I'm getting better at going back to finish them, though. I finally played Outland all the way through a couple weeks ago. I dropped that one back when it first came out on PS3 in like... 2011? Gotta love years late Steam releases lol.

Deques

I do the same thing more often than I'd like. I'm getting better at going back to finish them, though. I finally played Outland all the way through a couple weeks ago. I dropped that one back when it first came out on PS3 in like... 2011? Gotta love years late Steam releases lol.

It's hard to get back to games that you put on hold. First you don't remember what you did before dropping the game, second you don't remember how to play the game >.<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's hard to get back to games that you put on hold. First you don't remember what you did before dropping the game, second you don't remember how to play the game >.<

aye, which is exactly why I never got back to finishing it

FLD

Yeah, if it's not an overly long game I'll usually just start it over. There are exceptions, though. I played Persona 3 spread out over something like 4 years because I kept getting burned out on it but I really wanted to finish it and fuck restarting a game that long when you're 70 hours in. By the time I finally beat it, I had no idea what the hell was even going on in the story anymore.

Wok

Oceanhorn is a mobile game in its heart. I stopped when I felt it was too shallow to be a PC game. No regret.

By the way, a reliable videogame-focused French newspaper gave The Night in the Woods its best score so far for 2017 (for a PC game). I think more people should play it, including myself.

From Humble Jumbo 8.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (boybrushdRED, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Valhalla Hills -- MB-BE52CA4052592BAF - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Legends of Eisenwald -- MB-603BD0C21D2FF158 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
The Journey Down 1 Plus 2 Bundle -- MB-D979833A22C32249 - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.

t1489480473z1.png

Tizoc

Every Tuesday
I steel myself
For the Humble No Bundle

Sorry for asking this again Jase, but a ROW key can be redeemed without issues in regions like Asia and Japan right?

zkylon

zkylewd
It says you own it in my activity feed.

Try going to the store page and hitting install, I had an issue like this with another game recently.

yea it just occurred me i might be an idiot (well i already knew that) and have accepted it as a gift, and true enough there it was

an idiot is me

Wow, that Kinda Funny thread is at 72 pages. I'm almost tempted to see what the big deal is.

I need to pick up Nier today, gonna feel guilty for spending that money but I have been so strong this year, so many games I wanted but haven't bought a single one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

VVVVVV -- MB-5C973C02A2F6C8F2

TI82

Banned
Okay guys I'm going a bit nuts here. All of my wireless xbox one controllers d-pads will not work at all now on windows 10. I don't know what changed I didn't update or anything.

Edit: Even plugged in they aren't working wtf

Solved it, turn off the steam big picture configuration for xbox controllers.

Arthea

Talking about games that are locked for Asia, do you need VPN to redeem keys or play games? Or is it just purchase-gifting lock? Can these be gifted to someone in Asia?

edited: I also think that media has to get on this issue, it's ridiculous that there are no reasons for this that we know of and nobody cares enough to look into it.

madjoki

Talking about games that are locked for Asia, do you need VPN to redeem keys or play games? Or is it just purchase-gifting lock? Can these be gifted to someone in Asia?

edited: I also think that media has to get on this issue, it's ridiculous that there are no reasons for this that we know of and nobody cares enough to look into it.

Depends on games, sometimes VPN is required to redeem keys. (like Total Warhammer in Japan), other times not.

I don't think there's any play locked keys or gifts for Asia.

So, yes games can be gifted to Asia, assuming you live in region that has no extra locks.

Ugh, that bonus campaign about Ada Wong in RE4, "Separate Ways" is not as great as main story. Really bad pacing, dumb situations (fuck that ship in chapter 4 and whoever designed this segment) and idiotic checkpoints locations. Also, unlike main story all cutscenes in bonus campaign left untouched, painfully low resolution and pixelization all over screen.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/505230/

Pathologic's "demo" is up. It's more of a short spinoff game than a demo, but if you want to know what some of the hubbub is about this weird ass game, it's a good starting point.
Played it previous year because i got "alpha access" as backer, it's really great and you all should go and play it. Unique atmosphere and concept, looking forward for "beta" and release

Ugh, that bonus campaign about Ada Wong in RE4, "Separate Ways" is not as great as main story. Really bad pacing, dumb situations (fuck that ship in chapter 4 and whoever designed this segment) and idiotic checkpoints locations. Also, unlike main story all cutscenes in bonus campaign left untouched, painfully low resolution and pixelization all over screen.
Unfortunately it was the extra bit added for the PS2 port of RE4, which had entirely pre-rendered cutscenes. So while the main game's cutscenes could be sourced from the GameCube's real-time ones, Separate Ways is left with the tragedy of those low res grody videos.

Depends on games, sometimes VPN is required to redeem keys. (like Total Warhammer in Japan), other times not.

I don't think there's any play locked keys or gifts for Asia.

So, yes games can be gifted to Asia, assuming you live in region that has no extra locks.

I think Metal Gear Rising and the Castlevania games are the only ones that could not even be gifted to Asia region.

Unfortunately it was the extra bit added for the PS2 port of RE4, which had entirely pre-rendered cutscenes. So while the main game's cutscenes could be sourced from the GameCube's real-time ones, Separate Ways is left with the tragedy of those low res grody videos.
I'm more worried how they managed to fuck up level design so hard, it's impressive how it visually looks like RE4 but didn't feel anywhere near as good as RE4 main story.

Arthea

I think Metal Gear Rising and the Castlevania games are the only ones that could not even be gifted to Asia region.

I think Castlevania games couldn't not be gifted at all, at least the first game couldn't be and it wasn't region specific too, as far as I can remember, maybe they changed that later, I'm not sure, talking about release time here.

but really gaming media is useless, it's like they aren't even aware of most stuff that needs to be researched.

No Nier Automata in SEA yet... Could it be, I know this word is forbidden, a deal going on ? :")
Even though in that case, I suspect this is on SE for 98%

No Nier Automata in SEA yet... Could it be, I know this word is forbidden, a deal going on ? :")
Even though in that case, I suspect this is on SE for 98%

I think its more S-E fucking something up. Their whole release-policy in Asia is strange. Some games locked, some games arent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom