• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

Kiru and Brent Spiner, thanks for the info. :)

The Walking Dead Season One ran fairly well on my laptop, so I'm hoping to pickup Season Two next sale for this "new" machine. I loved Season One!

SteamGAF in an image:

latest

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of TetraxShards, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TetraxShards, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-3F782E03E17EE1BE - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 32 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY -- MB-3BEB302E37326C80 - Taken by dex3108. 22 entrants total.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition #1 -- MB-5EADD9F7912E348F - Taken by alr1ght. 16 entrants total.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition #2 -- MB-BB6A31BC01325191 - Taken by shockdude. 18 entrants total.
Mad Max -- MB-067B16C0F3CE60C3 - Taken by Last Baron. 30 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-3EC29FFC38FF62B8 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 19 entrants total.
Stardew Valley #2 -- MB-3EC29FFC38FF62B8 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 19 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-D616FE7807197E95 - Taken by longlivegaming. 36 entrants total.
Total War: Warhammer -- MB-F2BFC9FC7FEA6B09 - Taken by shintoki. 17 entrants total.
XCOM 2 -- MB-8983B6188A939EA4 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 26 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...

Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1489535563z1.png

Tizoc

Kiru and Brent Spiner, thanks for the info. :)

The Walking Dead Season One ran fairly well on my laptop, so I'm hoping to pickup Season Two next sale for this "new" machine. I loved Season One!

Weeeeelll
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/telltale-week/
^Various Telltale titles on sale this week. If you got the MOnthly bundle you get 10% extra off each game.
Telltale's recent games all run well on PC and Batman is pretty good, and its current price is decent IMO.

I heard you cats like RPS around here

Rock Paper Shotgun‏Verified account @rockpapershot 22s22 seconds ago
The first few hours of Mass Effect Andromeda are an astonishing disappointment
The companion pathfinding AI is straight out of Star Wars: The Old Republic. That AI always finds weird routes to stand beside you and look at you--no matter what is in the way.

But MEA itself sounds like DAI-2, which is unfortunate. The "I hope it's good this time/maybe it gets better/perhaps next time" cycle shall continue.

Regginator

One of the mystery games was Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, but apparently I already own it (HOW???), what's the usual thing to do, just put the between e-mail tags or make a ModBot entry?

ninja edit: Or just hit me with a PM, I suppose.

Weeeeelll
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/telltale-week/
^Various Telltale titles on sale this week. If you got the MOnthly bundle you get 10% extra off each game.
Telltale's recent games all run well on PC and Batman is pretty good, and its current price is decent IMO.

Oh shit, thanks! I'm definitely gonna pick up Season Two and Michonne. I should just do the monthly bundle then, as I already have the Witness and could get the $5 credit. And then buy these. My girlfriend will be very pleased. And that's not sarcasm, she quite enjoyed Season One.
I've heard TellTale's Borderland series is great, too. I don't have the money for all these, though, so that probably should wait lol

And I also heard Wolf Among Us is great, too. Gahhhhhj

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
One of the mystery games was Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, but apparently I already own it (HOW???), what's the usual thing to do, just put the between e-mail tags or make a ModBot entry?

ninja edit: Or just hit me with a PM, I suppose.

It's a rare and highly sought after game; I hope you're prepared for the deluge of PMs you're going to get!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've heard TellTale's Borderland series is great, too. I don't have the money for all these, though, so that probably should wait lol

Tales from the Borderlands is indeed great. The Wolf Among Us is also very good if you like these sorts of games.

kionedrik

I started playing The Flame in the Flood and I'm surprised at how good everything feels. The premise is very simple, you and your dog need to travel in your raft downriver while hunting for supplies and keeping your standard hunger, thirst, temperature and fatigue meters above zero.

The gameplay itself is more or less divided in two parts, traveling and surviving. The travel part is similar to FTL, you can chose your next destination from a preset number of locations but since you are at the mercy of the river current you can never visit them all. So you need to constantly chose between a good source of food, a good source of miscellaneous supplies, a dock to repair your raft or something else completely random and, unlike FTL, you drive your raft from point A to point B and you'll need to avoid all the obstacles and debris on the river, otherwise your draft will break and you'll drown (that's how I died the first time). The survival part reminds me of Don't Starve. The biggest difference is the combat and how "realistic" it is. There are hostile animals like boars or wolves but you can't fight them in a traditional way, instead you craft traps and lure them there in order to kill them and get fur and meat. It seems you are able to craft a bow and arrow later but I never managed to get there.

There's also an interesting disease mechanic where you can get infections from simple untreated cuts or food poisoning from spoiled food, among others.

It's a really good game so if you got it from the December monthly give it a shot.

Tales from the Borderlands is indeed great. The Wolf Among Us is also very good if you like these sorts of games.

I definitely do enjoy these kinds of games. Outside of ones made by Telltale, what other games like this would you recommend? I loved Life is Strange, if that helps any haha

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I definitely do enjoy these kinds of games. Outside of ones made by Telltale, what other games like this would you recommend? I loved Life is Strange, if that helps any haha

Was gonna say Life is Strange, great game.

I recently played Oxenfree and really enjoyed it - it plays similarly although is quite a bit shorter than LiS or The Walking Dead.

And although not quite the same, I loved Contradiction - Spot The Liar! which plays out similarly.

JarrodL

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die on Steam is worth checking out if you don't mind that the story is left unfinished (Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger, and we're never getting Season 2).

If you have a PS4, I also highly recommend Until Dawn - same type of game, but much better in building and showing actual consequences of player choices than Telltale stuff.

Make sure you play Firewatch. It's a relatively open-ended short walking sim with Telltale-esque real-time multiple choice dialogues. Kinda like Oxenfree which is also awesome.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die on Steam is worth checking out if you don't mind that the story is left unfinished (Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger, and we're never getting Season 2).

If you have a PS4, I also highly recommend Until Dawn - same type of game, but much better in building and showing actual consequences of player choices than Telltale stuff.

Both look quite interesting and are also now on the wishlist, which is growing exponentially.
Seeing Firewatch reminds me that I also enjoyed Virginia, which I played through on a friends PS4. I'd like to play Until Dawn, tooooo

Deadly Premonition is one of my all-time faves, and I noticed Swery's name on the D4 page soooooo.... ;)

A big thanks to Durante for the DP fix, which allowed the game to actually be playable on my laptop hah

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game -- MB-9C15F196E80C02A8 - Taken by Javier23
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-FB97B978223966B9 - Taken by TetraxShards
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-87B2D1AD970264DF - Taken by Ozium
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-F47458931373F970 - Taken by Platy

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-E797477F978304DC - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-73591C274BF380AE - Taken by Lain
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-84C146AA5B2098FC - Taken by DarKshodaN
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-C89C99E155E7BBD3 - Taken by PetriP-TNT
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-88940B9F7171A31E - Taken by NeoRaider
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-A8684B898306C725 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-2C8D729EBA640B28 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH

jshackles

I wish Contradiction would go on sale

Worth every penny, but I agree because it would let a lot more people experience it that have been waiting.

Not sure what the devs are thinking not even discounting it during the major sales.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have no stakes on Andromeda, it was merely a little semi-joke based on the last few pages of RPS bickering. I even started it "I hear you guys like RPS" and not something like "hey the new mass effect might be shit" or something.

Teggy

Styx 2 is pretty great so far but someone really needs to go check up on Cyanide. I think there might be a gas leak at their office because goddamn these "jokes"...

Heh, I just played that part. I thought they were funny in a corny way.

Anno

Everything they've shown publicly of ME:A has lined up with that RPS preview in terms of writing. Obviously that's about as subjective a topic as can be, but so far it's put me off the game immensely.

Tizoc

Oh shit, thanks! I'm definitely gonna pick up Season Two and Michonne. I should just do the monthly bundle then, as I already have the Witness and could get the $5 credit. And then buy these. My girlfriend will be very pleased. And that's not sarcasm, she quite enjoyed Season One.

And I also heard Wolf Among Us is great, too. Gahhhhhj

Yeah WAU and Tales from BLands are among their top 5 games.

I have no stakes on Andromeda, it was merely a little semi-joke based on the last few pages of RPS bickering. I even started it "I hear you guys like RPS" and not something like "hey the new mass effect might be shit" or something.
It might be though. I can't trust mainstream gaming "journalists" to review modern Bioware games, I have to wait for gaffer impressions, and when they are at least 3/4 through the game.

Aaron D.

Isn't he the harsh type but not a contrarian?

Looking over the body of his work I'm led to believe he simply speaks his mind with little influence from hype-culture.

But it seems to burn all kinds of jimmies in the process.

Community reaction is subsequently both entertaining and sad.

But mostly entertaining.

Mivey

So Mass Effect Andromeda will have the shitty MMO sidequests? I guess their existence makes sense, but BioWare actually named Witcher 3 as a reference or goal, so I have to assume there is more "meaty" side content as well. Otherwise, did they really believe people wouldn't hold them to promises you make a few months before release?
Also, while I like open world stuff in general, I felt the focus on linear design was actually a strength of Mass Effect, outside of purely planetary exploration. Meaning, it was nice that you had important main quests and side quests that were sort of linear, going through a unique environment once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom