• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Has this occurred before? I think I have some unredeemed keys there, but unless the publisher closes shop what other reasons would cause key expiration/invalidation?

I had it to happen on several sites, groupees, indiegala, dig, old desura, not on humble I think, they had keys with expiration dates in bundles several times, but I usually noticed that right away, as far as I can remember.

Coreda

It's not unheard of for publishers to bin unused keys following a giveaway. E.g. Codemasters and the Dirt 3/Showdown giveaways held prior to their respective delistings.

I've had some experiences where I was notified to redeem the key by date X because it will expire afterwards. Also Humble themselves did it with their recent giveaways iirc

Oh snap. I usually only download the DRM-free version so many of my keys are left unclaimed. Better look into it in that case.

ArjanN

Furi DLC is out:

9be73bcb99025a4362c97cf25fa61e75681ea4ad.png

Tonton

The funny thing about this is that it wasn't much of a looker even back in the day.
Just thinking about other games that came out 2004-2006 on PC or consoles, stuff like RE4, Haunting Ground, Doom 3, Jak 3, FF12, MGS3 etc.

You could argue that XN probably didn't have much of a budget in comparison to any of those titles, but that doesn't really matter to the consumer. It just wasn't a very visually interesting looking game even back then, even less now.

Considering it was a Falcom PC game from a franchise that appears every ten years and expected to be released only in Japan, yeah budget must have been very small

TitS and Ys Oath/Origin are from around the same time and must have had a bigger budget than this game, and those are already fairly low budget games

prudislav

Time Recoil , coming by the end of June 2017
Time Recoil is a top-down shooter by 10tons - the creators of Crimsonland and Neon Chrome. In Time Recoil you'll kill to slow time, witness top-down Hollywood-style slow motion gunfights, trigger devastating special moves, and travel in time via wormholes.
”In Time Recoil the player is given a super power: Kill to slow time. Killing will trigger a slow motion effect, and killing additional enemies while in slow motion charges a special move. The more the player kills, the more powerful the special move becomes, starting from a simple dash and ending with a mind blowing psy-weapon."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8HacH4ZaE

Dead End Job
Dead End Job merges the frantic, addictive, highly replayable gameplay of a procedurally generated twin-stick shooter with the iconic look of a 90s cartoon.
Coming 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam. Made by Ant Workshop the devs of Binaries

You take on the role of a worker at Ghoul-B-Gone – the #1 experts in paranormal pest control. Ghosts are captured using a tug-of-war mechanic and every ghost you catch, citizen rescued, and job completed is added to the client's bill.

Every week in-game you're competing against the company golden boy to be named ”Employee of the Week" based on the amount of money you earned the company.

Have you got what it takes to be the best at putting pests to rest?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTZ8tsHq3pc

UltraJay

I got Nier from the Square Enix store because of superior AU pricing (S59.99 AUD) but it looks like I won't get the key until release. Not too bad, as it seems like there isn't going to be a preload.

NeoRaider

BTW. They updated SR on Steam:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 or AMD A8-6500
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 VRAM 2GB or AMD Radeon R9 270X VRAM 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 11 supported
Additional Notes: Mouse, keyboard and game pad (XInput only).
Screen resolution: 1280x720.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5 4670 or AMD A10-7850K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 VRAM 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 380X VRAM 4GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 11 supported
Additional Notes: Mouse, keyboard and game pad (XInput only).
Screen resolution: 1920x1080

Edit: Actually i am not sure is this new. But don't remember seeing resolution on Steam. Maybe it's my mistake.

Durante

IM SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS NIER PORT TBH

and I cant decide if I want to pay 5 bucks for this mass effect trial now
I'd maybe pay 5 bucks for Mass Effect, never mind the trial.

Screen Resolution.

So we can take from the specs either: It's locked to 1080p, or you need a 980 to run it well at 1080p (or both).
A 380X (going AMD since it's more comparable) is basically as fast as a PS4 Pro, and that runs the game at 1080p, so that makes sense.

I'd maybe pay 5 bucks for Mass Effect, never mind the trial.

A 380X (going AMD since it's more comparable) is basically as fast as a PS4 Pro, and that runs the game at 1080p, so that makes sense.

This^
I wished people wouldn't focus on the Nvidia GPU and focus on the AMD GPU.

Zanzura

Pre-ordered Nier, really hope it's a good port otherwise it's getting refunded instantly. I have it on base PS4 but find the inconsistent frame-rate a nuisance. Hopefully the stutters that occur when walking through transition areas are minimized on PC.

MUnited83

For you.
wbacon please give me several Ducktales wallpapers and emoticons thank you very much.

Also, FUCK YEAH that is a amazing collection.

Parsnip

I should buy some new eneloops.
Mine are 3rd gen and the 4th gen was introduced almost 4 years ago now.
They still work fine, but I could use a few more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool unexoected collection but thats not Asura's Wrath or Okami so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom