• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need these games to come to Steam:

- Bayonetta
- Vanquish
- Okami HD
- World of Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy I
- Final Fantasy II
- Dragon Quest Builders
- Digimon: Cyber Sleuth
- Digimon: Next Order

Just this. It isn't too much to ask? Right?... right? :(

Resonance of Fate? Damn Sega, do it already. :(

Also there is a Digimon MMO in Steam with every week updates but no other Digimon games seems awkard.

Tonton

Honestly think that ship has sailed re DQ Builders

Got my hopes up for some Dragon Quest on Steam after Heroes but now I think that series is gonna be an exception since it's done by Koei

No Builders or mainline DQ

Grief.exe

Honestly think that ship has sailed

Got my hopes up for some Dragon Quest on Steam after Heroes but now I think that series is gonna be an exception since it's done by Koei

Square takes such a long time to prioritize ports that it takes years for ships to sail, let alone months.

xist

Some spares.....these should work (as I haven't used them) but as they've been kicking around for a while it's possible they're expired (profuse apologies if you get a dud). Do it for the cards (or the irritating anime jigsaw pieces...)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-A4EAE501677470D6 - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime -- MB-E9A2C465525ECA48 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-75DBC3652177E55A - Taken by Pachimari. 3 entrants total.

t1489599067z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Honestly think that ship has sailed re DQ Builders

No Builders or mainline DQ
I would be willing to bet that Builders will misteriously get released on Steam out of nowhere 11 October 2017.

Tonton

Square takes such a long time to prioritize ports that it takes years for ships to sail, let alone months.
:')
I'd say if it's a year after the console release better stop hoping
Maybe they could pull a FFX who knows

I would be willing to bet that Builders will misteriously get released on Steam out of nowhere 11 October 2017.
Yeah that's honestly my last hope for it

Everyone buy Automata so we can convince SE to stop with this and go for simultaneous releases
even if they ignore the PC version until very near release

That's the thing here. Without a SteamDB leak, we'd hear about FFXHD 1 week before it's release. Although, I think DQB ship may have sailed long ago considering it's done by an internal team, on PhyreEngine, on a smaller IP.

Anno

Oh cool maybe I can finally beat Chip n' Dale. Used to rent that game every weekend as a kid and I don't think I ever completed it.

MUnited83

For you.
That's the thing here. Without a SteamDB leak, we'd hear about FFXHD 1 week before it's release. Although, I think DQB ship may have sailed long ago considering it's done by an internal team, on PhyreEngine, on a smaller IP.
PhyreEngine is compatible with basically every platform out there so don't see that being an issue. And I'd argue DQ Heroes is even more niche considering the first one bombed even in PS4.

PhyreEngine is compatible with basically every platform out there so don't see that being an issue. And I'd argue DQ Heroes is even more niche considering the first one bombed even in PS4.

Yeah, I know PhyreEngine is compatible, but then again, I think DQH happened because KT was able to pull a PC port. Nier Automata happened because PG was able to pull a PC port. I feel like that anything that isn't Final Fantasy will depend on the team and the engine.
For the record, the whole Dragon Quest series has been remade on Unity Engine by Square Enix. Yet, it's mobile only.

I hate it when muhfuckas put spoilers in thread name. C'mon son! Guess i'll avoid gaming forum til i finish BOTW.

And no disc jam love in here?

It's been like five years and I still don't understand the difference between Warband and Fire and Sword

Warband is basically a patched up version of M&B with another faction added. F&S changes the setting to historical and has some gunplay.

Warband is/was considered the best of the bunch.

Tizoc

We need aome ninjas to force out a steamdb leak already for gaben's sake...

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
DQ Builders would be so good on PC.
So would Bayonetta
And Vanquish
;_; SE Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

And no disc jam love in here?

Played it on PS4. It's a fun distraction but I feel it is very barebones at the moment. Not a lot in the customization department and with just one arena, it gets pretty boring. Plus that awful prize grabbing machine.... I'll just wait until more features come for it.

It's been like five years and I still don't understand the difference between Warband and Fire and Sword

The former is made by the original developers of M&B, and the latter is done by a different developer IIRC.

So the lineage from the original developers, TaleWorlds is:
Mount&Blade ---> Warband ---> Bannerlord​
with everything else being a spinoff by other devs.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Glad to see port-begging snatching back the crown of "#1 reason juniors get banned" from White Nationalism.

Parsnip

I wonder if we will ever see another PC only port from Capcom. It's a small miracle that they were able to make the case for Dragon's Dogma. Whatever comes next is likely to follow the pattern of Xbone, PS4 and Steam at the very least.

And that's fine of course.
But I do wonder what kind of effort it would take to make the old PC ports of some of their games presentable, add modern controller and high resolution support (if needed), and just put them out on Steam. They probably lost the source code.

Jawmuncher

I feel like Dragons Dogma would have to hit PS4 and XB1 at some point. Much like how the RE4 ultimate HD for PC came to consoles much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom