• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I think the "One $60" sentence destroyed your PM or not?

If this is the case, my PM was triple wrong:
  • I entered the whole sentence both times,
  • I first sent d20 instead of THAC0, although it did not make any Mexican sense,
  • then I sent TAC0 instead of THAC0.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I gave away some games in february for my birthday.
Double checked my message - i sent it about 46 minutes ago, with the contents:
One $60 or under game of your choice from the Steam Store -- MB-B9C1D8E9A4B3305A earthquakenuyenthac0rubywallazazelgoya

There is definitely something going on here :p

Your entry wasn't accepted as you're flagged as a constant winner (eight wins over the past week in this case) and your latest win was too recent.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
  • I first sent d20 instead of THAC0, although it did not make any Mexican sense,

A for effort. A+ for making me laugh. And no, including the whole game name (sentence in this case) will not cause any issues.

Your entry wasn't accepted as you're flagged as a constant winner (eight wins over the past week, in your case) and your most recent win was too recent.

Ahh, there it is. Thanks for looking into it.

I sent three PMs:

First one with gabriel instead of azazel and forgot the space. Then thinking "maybe its bugging out, sent it with a space again", then the last one with azazel :D

Was fun though.

kionedrik

To Hit Armour Class 0

Yes I'm a nerd....and also an idiot who totally misunderstood what you meant.....

This reminds we haven't had a proper RPG with a D&D rule set in a long while... The closest to it I can remember in recent years is Pillars of Eternity.

Wok

Can we have a confirmation that this kind of PM might fail if the "name of the game" contains special characters? There needs to be some unit testing for Modbot. Maybe make a part of it open-source and accept pull requests on Github?

2LDT4Ff.png

madjoki

If this is the same system that was used with Homefront 2 retail boxes, there's no IP check in place and the app just generates a Steam key for you when you give it the key from the leaflet.

Sure, it probably slows down scanning keys a fair bit but I don't really see the point.
If it was one key generated per machine/ip and claimed directly to your Steam acc it could be an issue I suppose but afaik it does none of that.

I don't think it is cos I redeemed Hitman for a friend as he doesn't have a disk drive and it didn't stop me from doing so.

By limiting, I don't mean limited to one per IP, but even 5-10 per IP would restrict resellers, while not limiting common use scenarios.

JaseC

Can we have a confirmation that this kind of PM might fail if the "name of the game" contains special characters?

ModBot doesn't actually read anything before MB-BLAHBLAHBLAH, so as long as you've formatted your response correctly, your entry will be processed.

PaulSane

Your entry wasn't accepted as you're flagged as a constant winner (eight wins over the past week, in your case) and your most recent win was too recent.

Welp, i guess that answers all my questions then, thank you :)
I went a bit overzealous picking unclaimed games a week ago trying to get a new steam badge.

Wok

ModBot doesn't actually read anything before MB-BLAHBLAHBLAH, so as long as you've formatted your response correctly, your entry will be processed.

Thank you for the audit! 😘

Edit: Also, there is no H in MB-BLABLABLA (at least in French...).

Wok

Germans should be not eligible to enter giveaways. Or at least, add a rule to block them from entering.

There is still hope that the blue lego astronaut does not choose an anime game. 🤞

I just imagine how it must feel not to win that giveaway, because you got some Bundletrash lol

Heavy Fire Marine Sharpshooter Afghanistan Jungle Warfare is a trap.

Kind of like there's no h in taco?

Exactly! Not for the same reason though!

JaseC

Jawmuncher

Apparently the Mass Effect port is pretty bad

@etdragonpunch on Twitter says so, anyway

The animations are ridiculous and glitchy. Seems like the game might have been pushed earlier than it should so bioware could get working on Star Wars.

This is probably gonna be the last mass effect we get

Blu(e)

Even with the soft shell and hard shell hint I didn't get it. I was like taco doesn't end with a number. What does it mean?

Congrats to the winner though.

Lanrutcon

Loaded up Dark Messiah of Might & Magic after a session of Far Cry 4. I had this nagging suspicion that nostalgia is tainting my view of how old games handled first person stealth.

...nope. I was wrong. DMoMM holds up like a goddamn champ. Took me all of 5 minutes to get back into it, and before I knew it 9 hours had passed and I was kicking necromancers out of windows and building barrel forts to hide from zombies.

Apparently the Mass Effect port is pretty bad

@etdragonpunch on Twitter says so, anyway

Huh? Its been running fine on my end. 980ti, i5 6600k, 8GB Ram, Everything on ultra and 1440p. Been running fine and around 50-52fps. Gonna drop a few things later to get 60FPS. Though the game is freakin JANKY!! Just so much of the animation seems so off. Which is a shame because the game looks really nice at times. My character also has restless eye syndrome for some reason. She keeps looking around every two seconds and it is so weird.

Monooboe

The animations are ridiculous and glitchy. Seems like the game might have been pushed earlier than it should so bioware could get working on Star Wars.

This is probably gonna be the last mass effect we get

I was considering about canceling my preorder but yeah you might be right, that it might be last Mass Effect we get in awhile so I will get it even if it's horrible.

I'm replaying Dragon Age Inquisition right now and really enjoying it, so one would think Andromeda would at least be on par with DA:I, right?

Loaded up Dark Messiah of Might & Magic after a session of Far Cry 4. I had this nagging suspicion that nostalgia is tainting my view of how old games handled first person stealth.

...nope. I was wrong. DMoMM holds up like a goddamn champ. Took me all of 5 minutes to get back into it, and before I knew it 9 hours had passed and I was kicking necromancers out of windows and building barrel forts to hide from zombies.
Best kicking game.

Amzin

It's still one of my all time favorite games. And probably the best first-person fantasy mechanics. I mean Skyrim is fun and all but Dark Messiah just feels so good.

Can we have a confirmation that this kind of PM might fail if the "name of the game" contains special characters? There needs to be some unit testing for Modbot. Maybe make a part of it open-source and accept pull requests on Github?

I've never included the name of the game, the part I just copy is: MB-435ADF68969EE

PaulSane

These should work, sorry in advance if they don't. I'm making it a garbagedump giveaway just in case, so that people wouldn't repeat my mistakes by winning too much trash and already activated keys :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Limbo -- MB-D2B6328085F73303 - Taken by Tonton. 1 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-387B1C92E17A4947 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.

t1489620916z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom