• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I am tempted to pre-order Rainworld for that discount, but I'm worried I'll hate it if that "limited resources" thing is too annoying. Might just have to wait for first sale instead.

Parsnip

That Alphadia Genesis tile art reminds me of some other RPG art, but I can't place it.

header_292x136.jpg

These are the 999 games right?

Im not down with VNs (even tho I did say I wanted to give at least one a real shot this year) :/

Yeah those are the ones. If it helps you can consider them 70% VN and 30% puzzle solving/room escape games. The stories in the games (which are connected) are absolutely incredible. Both games have several endings and each ending tells you something new about the story and the characters and gives you information that you will need on subsequent playthroughs. It's a very cool way to structure the game.

If you were to only play one VN this year, I don't think many would disagree that this is a good place to start.

Pachimari

I have skipped Yakuza 0, Ni-oh, Horizon, Nier: Automata and Mass Effecr: Andromeda. I think I'm gonna spend my money on Rain World for this month, and maybe on some game I missed out on last year. I'm thinking Planet Coaster could be a good investment, but I also wanna get back into Cities: Skylines as I loved what I played of it last year.

I am tempted to pre-order Rainworld for that discount, but I'm worried I'll hate it if that "limited resources" thing is too annoying. Might just have to wait for first sale instead.
What is this limited resources thing?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Atraveller, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-D41935BD438F88E9 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 2 entrants total.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-06EF5996906B8FBB - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-6744B67852B1A4CC - Taken by Madventure. 2 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-C58AF48FE39CF1BA
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-055BF01A431DE12D
Hand of Fate -- MB-45D77A67EBE852E8 - Taken by BlakeofT. 9 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-6AEF7A92427A1652
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-BAE54BAD190126F9
Stardew Valley -- MB-EFDA02D84A053C50 - Taken by Dangerblade. 12 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-B94FD0501C677A5F
Super Meat Boy -- MB-BDB66F993652C349
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-5A2914D45C684B12 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-BF18BFC8A890DA15 - Taken by Vazduh. 3 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-47409432A0CC385A
Tower of Guns -- MB-ED9609A2130C8B1B - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-0E06D52E2668D1D9
World of Goo -- MB-49527E1CC08C5DDC
X-COM: Complete Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack, and Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings -- MB-8D0224E8183FBF8C - Taken by alr1ght. 9 entrants total.

t1489634303z1.png

after seeing Andromeda vids i can safely say that im not worried about the Nier Automata PC version
jesus christ that games a trainwreck

Yeah, even I wouldn't be able to tolerate these.

UnitedLameElver-size_restricted.gif

Rq9zqLP.gif

I'm cancelling my pre order for now and might buy depending on reviews and how often those occur.

Lol, I've got you, Bayo. :p

But honestly I still have hope for Andromeda. I mean, I finished the trilogy so many times (3 times for the first two and twice on the third), and yet I've never came across those crazy graphical and animation glitches which have now became a meme, even once. Maybe they're pretty rare or something.

Like this one.

funny-game-glitch-shepard-head.gif

def sim

I'm curious about Andromeda and its seemingly poor showing. It'd be a game I'd play through just to know firsthand if I weren't already busy with BotW.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Huh? What does Andromeda have to do with NieR?

Nothing but I guess since someone made a thread asking if he/she should get Andromeda or Automata on PC the VS kinda happened. Nothing a like but I find it funny personally

Anno

Well now that I have $60 freed up from ME:A I'll look at Nier a little bit earlier and grab it Friday if the port is good. If not then look out for another 4-codeHollow Knight giveaway instead!

Jawmuncher

Lol, I've got you, Bayo. :p

But honestly I still have hope for Andromeda. I mean, I finished the trilogy so many times (3 times for the first two and twice on the third), and yet I've never came across those crazy graphical and animation glitches which have now became a meme, even once. Maybe they're pretty rare or something.

Like this one.

funny-game-glitch-shepard-head.gif

10/10, 100 out of 100", best gif

Rizzi

The facial animation, or lack of facial animation I guess I should say freaks me out. Everyone looks like expressionless bug eyed mannequin people.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't think the majority of the market Andromeda is targeting even know what Nier is.

It seriously wont change a thing for Nier sales. Afterall one is a third person shooter RPG in a somewhat more realistic style while the other is an Action RPG with a kitchen sink of other genres thrown at it with stylized visuals and perhaps lower budget. They are comparing apples to oranges.

But it's on Steam and been the top selling game.

It's also pretty popular actually. My social media feeds are full of Nier fan art and cosplay pics.

Yar, I don't mean it as a slight like "Nier is unpopular" or somesuch. Just that I don't think the amount of Mass Effect fans who were deterred from buying due to these janky animations then, instead, used the money for Nier are sizable enough that it'd safe Nier from hypothetical dire sale.

Yar, I don't mean it as a slight like "Nier is unpopular" or somesuch. Just that I don't think the amount of Mass Effect fans who were deterred from buying due to these janky animations then, instead, used the money for Nier are sizable enough that it'd safe Nier from hypothetical dire sale.

Yeah, I think I see your point.

But I wouldn't worry about Nier. The community have been marketing the game for SE instead, for free. And they're doing a pretty damn good job at that. Everyone who are into Japanese culture would want to play Nier by now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Demon's Game Episode 1 -- MB-FE0DBF5947556E66 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Aliens Go Home Run -- MB-719212994F44BFD9 - Taken by voodooray
BalanCity -- MB-AE65B670BB12D782 - Taken by Eila
Blues and Bullets Episode 1 -- MB-E1FD8620E2066D6D - Taken by rainking187
Board Defenders -- MB-1D4694BAD77CDEAD - Taken by dot
Domestic Dog -- MB-FD6A75CE3162F386 - Taken by Megauap
Factory Engineer -- MB-6CBA55E95BBF4338 - Taken by Arthea
Felix Jumpman -- MB-684F6E793A8261A6 - Taken by voodooray
Hellphobia -- MB-2275B1094D47FEFE - Taken by Abomination
HitBox -- MB-BBC8F7254BDED330 - Taken by fuzzy123
Mad Nords: Probably an Epic Quest -- MB-7DBE0FC54EABE65F - Taken by Hakkelus
Pixelscape: Oceans -- MB-BD14A553826215A1 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Saving Harmony -- MB-A5598F4CCB5A8621 - Taken by septicore
Slightly Magic: 8bit Legacy Edition -- MB-485147D08DD51947 - Taken by rainking187
SurvHive -- MB-A2B34541B7BB7373 - Taken by EdmondD
The Pasture -- MB-D1D94D9947676407 - Taken by redlacs
Tribal Pass -- MB-947C455CFDD2AFC7 - Taken by Natty1
Tyran -- MB-EA2ED2E0A3DFD659 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Vindictive Drive -- MB-3AF6B17D87370190 - Taken by Loptous
Wave of Darkness -- MB-36D7C2957D96C8F4 - Taken by darkchewie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom