• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
https://puu.sh/uKvLs/061da65793.gif
the character just fucking vanished from existence

lobNJKq.jpg

That happens in real life, too.

FLD

Well, that's Hollow Knight done. That was one hell of a game, definitely the best metroidvania I've played in a very long time. Can't say I disagree with all the folks that were hyping it up as something special, it really is.

Completion is at 69% and I'm pretty sure I'm morally obligated to leave it like that. Back to Styx now.

The character obviously teleported. This is the future man.

Yup, there's no other logical explanation.

Anyway, the folks who've tried the game via Origin/EA Access seems to be giving positive impressions in overall. Of course there are legit concerns about the animation and writing which are undeniable, but it's still a Mass Effect game through and through. And the MP is still as good as ever. Nonetheless, there's no end to it if we're only focusing on the negative aspects.

AHA-Lambda

Ugh, new Furi DLC doesn't seem to let you use the easy mode?

Welp, I was at least willing to give your DLC a try before guys but I'll just keep my few quid then.

in before git gud etc blah but why remove something that was already there?

I keep dying at this Titan Quest boss. Every time I die I lose experience. Because what better way to reward a player who is having trouble with a fight.

And let's have the boss heal to full life but put the checkpoint way back so they have to take 3+ minutes of walking through empty rooms to get back to it.

I sure would like to give Binary Domain a try but the feck is this?

start to shoot?
LT and RT to aim up or down?
right stick to pause the game?

The hell is going on here (Xbone controller).

Tizoc

I sure would like to give Binary Domain a try but the feck is this?

start to shoot?
LT and RT to aim up or down?
right stick to pause the game?

The hell is going on here (Xbone controller).

That's not supposed to happen. I use XInput and don't have this issue.
Restart your PC, then run the launcher and check the configurations.

Stall19

Man all I've been hearing is bad impressions of the new Mass Effect game. I'm still going to buy it though as I like the genre and the setting too much. Though it will be when it's on sale.

Tizoc

Any of y'all playing the new Styx? Tempted to pick it up.

If you like stealth games get it.
The one thing you may dislike are its humorous quips, which the dev team could've done without.
You can remedy this by disabling subtitles and muting the voices if you want.

Otherwise though I'm enjoying it even though I am still early in the game :p

Man all I've been hearing is bad impressions of the new Mass Effect game. I'm still going to buy it though as I like the genre and the setting too much. Though it will be when it's on sale.

My face is sad about this, but I can't say I don't want it for some perverse reason myself.

It's absolutely amazing how a barrage of preview coverage completely erodges my resolve like this. Not enough to buy it, but enough to put it on my radar; I am weak.

derFeef

I watched the GB live video and it looked horrible. No idea how they messed up all the animations and acting so badly. Ugh. Also the characters are reeeaaally bland and the story seems uninteresting. I adore Mass Effect, but Andromeda gaives me a hard "nope" feeling.

Stall19

I watched the GB live video and it looked horrible. No idea how they messed up all the animations and acting so badly. Ugh. Also the characters are reeeaaally bland and the story seems uninteresting. I adore Mass Effect, but Andromeda gaives me a hard "nope" feeling.

Sure but "see that Turian? You can fuck her. See that Asari? You can fuck her too." My Ryder is going to get with so many aliens.

derFeef

Sure but "see that Turian? You can fuck her. See that Asari? You can fuck her too." My Ryder is going to get with so many aliens.

Worst thing really is, that the main characters in this game are as charismatic and interesting as any other side-NPC in the previous games.
No Tali, no Saiid, no Wrex,... list is endless.

SoraNoKuni

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SoraNoKuni, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-A54221FF388606D4 - Taken by pislit. 3 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-3C38974BD12437EA - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.

t1489664911z1.png

Nothing special, but better for someone to use them than to get wasted.

Durante

My face is sad about this, but I can't say I don't want it for some perverse reason myself.

It's absolutely amazing how a barrage of preview coverage completely erodges my resolve like this. Not enough to buy it, but enough to put it on my radar; I am weak.
You really are.
:p

I actually used to have the same issue, for example I made fun of DA2 and then I still bought it at launch.
I think that mistake, coupled with the wonderful resurgence of actually good CRPGs since 2014, completely cured me though. I still haven't even bought DA:I or FO4, and feel no interest in getting either of them.

Of course - our trusty government clearly knows what is not worthy of us, and is handily sparing discerning Australian adults from having to make their own educated choices. We're a stupid people who need nannying, after all.

They whole move from MA15+ to R18 was a little stupid in the end. They just moved the rules up a level. Something that under the old regime would have failed MA15+ now just fails the R18 level under the new rules.

Two things are bound to get banned in Australia: misrepresentation of the effects or lack and effects of drugs and any link between sex and violence. It appears the later is the case with Outlast 2.

I have you on my friends list and I'm still the last comment on your profile from 2014. For some reason I thought you were more popular...
It's so weird to see person with 200+ friends and have 0 friends in common.
I keep dying at this Titan Quest boss. Every time I die I lose experience. Because what better way to reward a player who is having trouble with a fight.

And let's have the boss heal to full life but put the checkpoint way back so they have to take 3+ minutes of walking through empty rooms to get back to it.
Yes, last boss in TQ is one of the biggest bullshit i've ever seen in games. Difficulty spike is crazy, even if you do every possible sidequest and clear all dungeons this boss still easily beats your ass in 2 shoots. I don't remember how but i managed to kill that bastard after 50+ tries, that 3 minutes walk after every death will always be in my nightmares. What the hell they were thinking?

Since there is still no news about Nier preload, i couldn't help myself and start playing Dishonored 2. And i my first impressions is mixed. It's still same old Dishonored, i spent almost 3 hours on first mission and still didn't finished it, level design is great. But game sometimes glitching for me, i tried to save printer from guard but he was scared and refused to talk with me, even though i just choked that guard. It worked only after few save reloads, and i don't remember to see such problems in original. Also, if civilians will spot you with unconscious guard it will count in stats as "Spotted by Enemies", this is ridicilous. At least stats can be checked during missions, and this is really useful improvement, currently doing my first low-chaos stealth walktrough with Corvo (saving Emily for high-chaos run).
Few words about performance - graphics are really strange, game doesn't look really impressive most of the time but engine is demanding. I can get around 50-60FPS on medium presets with high textures and environment details on my rig (i5-3570k, GTX 770 4gb, 8gb RAM) and i didn't saw huge difference between ultra and medium quality (besides lower FPS of course). Art direction is great and sometimes this game can be pretty, but lighting and posteffects looks off most of the time.

I thought I would manage to finish XCom2 yesterday but didn't have time to beat the final mission, I hope I can find the time today so I can focus on Nier.
The game is great but it's pretty buggy and runs poorly.
Ironically the final mission is the first time I'm feeling powerful, though that's also partly because of the
the game gives you for this mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom