• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is weird we only share 1 friend since I'm friends with like 300+ GAF members and many people in this thread.
Maybe that's a problem, i joined SteamGAF relatively recent and didn't add anyone from here specifically. Most of my friends on Steam are from Steamgifts (because i won their gifts) and trading, i'm usually not adding people first because i don't play coop or multiplayer games.

Also, thanks to all for your opinion about Rogue Legacy! Bought it, and since i can't see any region lock, i decided to giveaway extra copy here. I hope there is still people left who don't have it already.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-731D70449BDE1937 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 16 entrants total.

t1489668601z1.png

Nzyme32

Mass Effect Andromeda looks even worse than I was expecting. Don't think I could get through a game that has such dire facial animations within a game that is supposed to have a deep, emotive, engaging narrative in 2017.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SpaceChem -- MB-1E6D1BB92404C59D

Tizoc

Mass Effect Andromeda looks even worse than I was expecting. Don't think I could get through a game that has such dire facial animations within a game that is supposed to have a deep, emotive, engaging narrative in 2017.
You are bound to find better narritive in 2d pixel art indie games

Nzyme32

ROFL - Romancing conversation has a heart symbol in Andromeda. For fucks sake. Might as well replace the dialogue options with emojis and gamify romancing with more achievements and further simplify good & bad options as polar opposites. Such a shitty way to form dialogue options and develop characters.

If only there would be Space Opera CRPG's.

That would be awesome. Particularly one that was consistently built upon for missions / ideas / events etc

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Chroma Squad -- MB-380008BB9819F705 - Taken by Village
Titan Souls -- MB-603B171BE4957C92 - Taken by eyeless

Tizoc

ROFL - Romancing conversation has a heart symbol in Andromeda. For fucks sake. Might as well replace the dialogue options with emojis and gamify romancing with more achievements and further simplify good & bad options as polar opposites. Such a shitty way to form dialogue options and develop characters.

That would be awesome. Particularly one that was consistently built upon for missions / ideas / events etc
You should play the yakuza series' hostess minigames :p

Uzzy

The combat looks decent at least. Multiplayer too.

That's right, the best parts of a Bioware game are the combat and multiplayer. Let that sink in.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of InquisitorAles, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-731D70449BDE1937 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 16 entrants total.

t1489668601z1.png

I don't know how exactly it is used in Andromeda, but in Dragon Age: Inquisition heart symbol denotes "say something flirty" rather than "go into romantic relationship with this person" and some characters could even be turned off by your flirtatious ways.

I don't know how exactly it is used in Andromeda, but in Dragon Age: Inquisition heart symbol denotes "say something flirty" rather than "go into romantic relationship with this person" and some characters could even be turned off by your flirtatious ways.

Yeah, if it's anything like in Inquisition, it's definitely not a 'romancing conversation'.

Ladekabel

Saints Row 4 did romancing characters the best.

This really doesn't come as a surprise though. I think it was Dragon Age 2 where they literally put emoticons in front of dialog options to signify the tone (whether it was a joke or serious or whatever). And they color coded dialogs in one of the Mass Effect games (red for renegade, blue for paragon).

There was a time I used to be sad that Bioware was dropping the ball so hard but that time has long past. There are several other studios making top notch RPGs these days so Bioware's absence is not even noticeable.

Village

Damn. Mass Effect is looking quite bad :(

The animations yeesh.

Is this going to be another fall out 4, a game series that had people hyped and its release and disappointment will leave it quickly lost in the whirlwind. Especially in this year, with all the amazing games, hopefully coming out and announcements.

Saints Row 4 did romancing characters the best.

No, but it was a nice parody.

gabbo

I don't want a Shooter with RPG elements though, I want an RPG shooter, is that too much to ask dammit? >.>
If your only experience with the Mass Effect series is the first game, youre in for a world of disappointment. Hasn't been an RPG since.

KainXVIII

Don't know that Atelier Firis has these problems :(

Port Review

There are good things and bad things about this port. I decided to lean to the negative side because the graphics do not justify the high requirements for this game. Also there are PS4 graphical features missing. I'll reevaluate this review if KT/Gust ever releases a patch to address some issues. If you don't have a PC that exceeds recommend requirements and have a PS4 then the PS4 is a better option even though it has frame-drops as well.

Pros:
- Variable frame-rate. If you have a high refresh-rate monitor and a very powerful video card you can play this game above 60 fps.
- Synthesis does not have performance issue present in Atelier Sophie. However, load is so low during Synthesis that powerful video cards may trigger power saving mode and drop below 60fps. Workaround for Nvidia cards is to set "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" in Nvidia Control Panel.
- Supports 1440p and 4k resolutions.

Cons:
- Really demanding game. The system requirements for this game are no joke and won't get you 1080p60fps. For 1080p60 you're looking at a RX 470/GTX 1060 and can still have drops in areas with lots of effects/shadows.
- No Ambient Occlusion. It exists in PS4 version. Workaround is you can add it by using Reshade with MXAO shader, however will make game even more demanding.
- Missing Lighting that is present in the PS4 version.
- Low resolution 2D art assets. PS4 has higher resolution 2d assets.
- Blocky character outlines make it looks like there is a lot of aliasing. Reshade SMAA doesn't work to remove them because they are too large to detect.
- Shadows that disappear when source object moves off screen.
- Some flickering textures.
- Shadows that hit characters look broken.
- No AA options. FXAA can be forced in video card control panel or SMAA with Reshade/sweetFx.
- Only supports 5 different 16:9 resolutions.

Mivey

What's this "Synthesis" this Port Review talks about? Too generic a word to really google (so rather shitty name for a piece of software).

Tizoc

You were supposed to hype it but you removed it from your list.

What is Indie Fund and what else has it brought us?
Steam page went up yesterday
How could he hype it up for u if he didnt have its steam page or now when itd release

Don't know that Atelier Firis has these problems :(

Looks like will refund it, waited for some fixes but there is lot of problems. I liked Sophie so much and i would like to see sequel after finish but at least will wait for 50% discount.

Also do not disappoint us with Ni no Kuni II Level-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom