• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...let me get this straight...

To "celebrate" the PC release of Nier: Automata on March 17th they are playing the...drum roll...PS4 version

so stupid

inky

So...let me get this straight...

To "celebrate" the PC release of Nier: Automata on March 17th they are playing the...drum roll...PS4 version

so stupid

Maybe they don't have PCs in the office. It's a wonder how the game ended up there at all! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PaulSane

They said they are streaming it later.

Did they though? I've heard nothing of the sort.
They are giving away PS4 keys, as well as only talking about game itself. I'm not sure there is any point for me to continue watching this, i've been purposefully avoiding all spoilers on this game, and i feel like that's the only thing i'm getting from this stream :p
Also, no steam keys being given away - SteamGAF anonymous benefactor confirmed a better PR person for SE than those guys on the "official Nier PC stream" :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

mystery gift - Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection -- MB-B8AFEC0467D56BDC - Taken by Wok

Monooboe

Oh wow, I've spent the whole day more or less with just one mission in Dragon Age Inqusition, the one where one has to save the Empress at a ball. So I tried to get all the collectables in the mission but it's designed so that you can't get all of them and even with a guide I didn't realize that.XD Designing something like that should be illegal, because of phychologial torture or something. Or it is possible to get all but not if one wants the "good ending" to the mission.

By the way, saw that people were linking their steam profiles, so add me too! Monooboe

The mystery beNieRfactor performing a better marketing job with NieR's PC release than Square Enix themselves? I'm shocked I tells ya. SHOCKED!

Tizoc

1979 is a game set during the 1979 Revolution in Iran, following a young man who recalls the events of the revolution while being captured by the secret police.
Visually it's not THAT impressive, you can tell it looks like a PS2 era game, HOWEVER, the writing and themes are very strong in this one.
It's a short game, lasting about 2-3 hours and has a choice mechanic.
I am slowly making my way through it but I like what I've seen so far.
Oddly enough it didn't recognize my controller but maybe a restart could fix that :p

Strongly recommend this game for anyone who is looking for a game with some strong narrative in it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It was actually "Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection".

It said so in the description, what did you expect?

Good luck givers...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xelios, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

It's allegedly not worth Bill Gates' time to pick up this amount of Steam credit off the ground -- MB-F5E88185E8531805 - Taken by Cels. 88 entrants total.

t1489708687z1.png

1979 is a game set during the 1979 Revolution in Iran, following a young man who recalls the events of the revolution while being captured by the secret police.

Visually it's not THAT impressive, you can tell it looks like a PS2 era game, HOWEVER, the writing and themes are very strong in this one.
It's a short game, lasting about 2-3 hours and has a choice mechanic.
I am slowly making my way through it but I like what I've seen so far.
Oddly enough it didn't recognize my controller but maybe a restart could fix that :p

Strongly recommend this game for anyone who is looking for a game with some strong narrative in it.

Really want this, but I have a feeling it'll be bundled in the near future.

Anyone know what happened to that "Zelda with a cartoon elephant" game, btw?

xezuru

How is Of Orcs and Men?
I put down Styx Master of Shadows because it felt pretty jank and other games kinda took over but I do intend to go back to it, but I did get a bit enough through to see that I like the what's going on in the games setting, and I hear it's the same in these titles.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
※本製品にはお使いのモニター及びPCのグラフィックボードの環境または組合せにより、4K解像度への拡張が可能ですが、4K解像度についてはサポート対象外と なりますのでご了承ください。

According to google translate -

※ This product can be expanded to 4K resolution depending on the environment or combination of your monitor and PC graphic board, but please note that it is not subject to support for 4K resolution.
http://support.jp.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=76161&ret=main&id=13421&la=0&pv=20

Credit to Robobandit

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strider -- MB-3C98ED8FE7F24D39 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.

t1489699544z1.png

FLD

How is Of Orcs and Men?
I put down Styx Master of Shadows because it felt pretty jank and other games kinda took over but I do intend to go back to it, but I did get a bit enough through to see that I like the what's going on in the games setting, and I hear it's the same in these titles.

Same setting, yeah, and Styx is also in Orcs and Men. I recently played it and really enjoyed it but it is way jankier than Styx. An appreciation for jank is pretty much required to enjoy it. I wouldn't bother if that's a problem for you.

The world and story are interesting but it's basically the dollar store version of a Bioware-style RPG. The "stealth" with Styx was the aspect I enjoyed the most and it's hilariously broken. Guards will be standing in clear view of each other but if you can find the one that's standing just far enough to the side you can start a domino effect and assassinate them all without raising an alert. They have no peripheral vision whatsoever and they will walk right past any corpse you leave behind without batting an eye.

Tizoc

How is Of Orcs and Men?

Orcs and Men is mostly battles, but its theme of being a giant Orc and midgety stealthy goblin duo is its main attraction. I can't remember much of the game I'm sad to say, but I suggest going in with low expectations.
One thing to keep in mind though- The developer, Cyanide, are French and their translation from French to English is rather wonky, such that much of what the dialog sounds better in French language than how it was translated.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

mystery gift - Adam Popola -- MB-7B296CFF495F8562 - Taken by FLD. 9 entrants total.
mystery gift - Sebastian - Adam -- MB-52CDE66D2517AE56 - Taken by fspm. 8 entrants total.
mystery gift - Sleeping Beauty Devola -- MB-DD5B56E232BA5DAE - Taken by Vastag. 12 entrants total.
mystery gift - There is no character in Nier whose name starts with an O -- MB-60806A4B3BC50992 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.
mystery gift - Tyrann Shahriyar -- MB-AF845773D80CA166 - Taken by Tellaerin. 10 entrants total.

t1489700361z1.png

Durante

Have there been any advances in using machine learning for translation work?
I haven't looked into it recently. Improved machine translations is on thing I've expected from our brave new deep learning world for a while now, but nothing seems to have materialized so far. At least not as a product.

A friend of mine who studied Japanese said "If your PC and monitor can handle it, you can play in 4K"
It's not a precise translation, but what it mean
That's what I thought, and it also makes a lot of sense.

Of course, it making a lot of sense could well imply that it's not true, given that this is S-E and all :p
But really, I trust in Platinum there more than S-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom