• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For who already played it on ps4 / read about it, how long is a playthrough in nier?
Also, is the combo system like bayonetta or more streamlined like MGR?

I haven't looked into it recently. Improved machine translations is on thing I've expected from our brave new deep learning world for a while now, but nothing seems to have materialized so far. At least not as a product.

That's what I thought, and it also makes a lot of sense.

Of course, it making a lot of sense could well imply that it's not true, given that this is S-E and all :p
But really, I trust in Platinum there more than S-E.
couldnt this be similar to Transformers? it supports 4k, but you need a 4k monitor or set you res to 4k for it to be selectable?

Hektor

For who already played it on ps4 / read about it, how long is a playthrough in nier?
Also, is the combo system like bayonetta or more streamlined like MGR?

Getting to the actual end of the story takes ~40 hours for a normal playthrough, ~20-25 if you only rush the main quest

The combat is overall more streamlined like MGR; but it does allow for some cool stuff if you want to be stylish especially due to the pod abilities

Durante

couldnt this be similar to Transformers? it supports 4k, but you need a 4k monitor or set you res to 4k for it to be selectable?
There are a lot of games like that (most Unity games for example), but it's not really a big deal since you can easily set your desktop resolution to 4k with DSR. Just a minor inconvenience. (And silly)

bbd23

Getting to the actual end of the story takes ~40 hours for a normal playthrough, ~20-25 if you only rush the main quest

The combat is overall more streamlined like MGR; but it does allow for some cool stuff if you want to be stylish especially due to the pod abilities

is the 40 hours the
main 5 endings?

bbd23

Nice, can't wait to take my time with this.

btw what was the song that played at the start of the square stream. it was great

There are a lot of games like that (most Unity games for example), but it's not really a big deal since you can easily set your desktop resolution to 4k with DSR. Just a minor inconvenience. (And silly)
it is. it's just that the wording of the translated nier text reminded me of transformer.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Misterious gift -- MB-FDFFCA8916C28431 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 26 entrants total.

t1489701625z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just finished Horzion, even after 50 hours of that I am so ready for 40 odd hours of more open world with Nier lol. Fatigue my ass.

DasFool

To anyone playing Torment: Tides of Numenera: Is there any necessity in finishing Planescape: Torment before starting this one? I left off at Curst - after that amazing sequence with Ravel - so I believe I'm about 70% through. Thanks for the help in advance.

Doom sale is now corrected. Still PSN deal of the week is much better discount than this. Many games got better discounts on PSN than Steam like Witcher 3 GOTY and Full Doom etc.. Steam should drop the prices more.

Durante

To anyone playing Torment: Tides of Numenera: Is there any necessity in finishing Planescape: Torment before starting this one? I left off at Curst - after that amazing sequence with Ravel - so I believe I'm about 70% through. Thanks for the help in advance.
There's no story connection between the two Torments. Just a "spiritual sequel" one.

zebez

No, not at all. You can play and enjoy Numenera without any knowledge of Planescape.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

A Nocturnal Feathered Child Can Turn His Head 270 Degrees -- MB-ED653D4F3AD9DEFF - Taken by Kiru Trivia Question: I don't have confidence in enigmas anymore unless they ask me questions?

Hektor

Planescape is the vastly superior game, outside of that you're safe to go

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

As the others have said there is no NEED. You will be able to enjoy the game without that context and be perfectly happy.

However, there are quite a few wink&nod sort of allusions to the first game that people who know them will get a kick out of. You absolutely don't need to know them to enjoy the game, but they can be fun for people who are big fans.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overlord -- MB-2561BD1531CC4049

t1489702882z1.png

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM

Rules for this Giveaway:

A Nocturnal Feathered Child Can Turn His Head 270 Degrees -- MB-ED653D4F3AD9DEFF - Taken by Kiru Trivia Question: I don't have confidence in enigmas anymore unless they ask me questions?

???

zebez

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

I'm glad that I'm a junior for once.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Huh. Yeah that is a dumb trivia question, although someone said something really similar within the last page. Weird. I guess the answer isn't always obvious... I would have guessed Owlboy but apparently that's not the question.

Madventure

I'd of thought someone would have got that trivia by now so I guess It isn't what I thought it was, which goes back to my I guess I'm just dumb thing

Hektor

Huh. Yeah that is a dumb trivia question, although someone said something really similar within the last page. Weird. I guess the answer isn't always obvious... I would have guessed Owlboy but apparently that's not the question.

That was my way of thinking, i answered "Owl", tho it looks like i formatted it wrong indeed, so i can't say this is definitely not the answer if someoneelse wants to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom