• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Now I'm actually glad most of those trivia giveaways happen when I'm asleep. Don't have to feel bad for not knowing shit.

But just you wait, maybe I'm going to give away an awesome game and hide it behind an evil and super difficult trivia question, leaning back into my chair and laughing diabolically with crossed fingers!

Corpekata

Banned
I don't even know who that question is for? Why would you ask about an ending route in a thread dedicated to a platform that doesn't even have the game yet? Who is the audience for your question?

Honestly, to sum up my thoughts on "Open World Fatigue"

You're not fatigued of Open Worlds. You're fatigued of bad checkbox world design that is Open World solely for the sake of a back of the box bulletpoint.

And honestly I do find the entire concept of OWF hilarious, because I could have sworn the consensus towards the end of last gen was that linear games were Literally Worse Than Hitler. Maketh up thine minds, people.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't even know who that question is for? Why would you ask about an ending route in a thread dedicated to a platform that doesn't even have the game yet? Who is the audience for your question?

this, even if the spoiler tag wasnt botched, why is it even here

well damn, iosefe was actually my second answer, i had sent in owl first

i told you it was iosefe like 3 hours ago ffs.

Kiru

and the spoiler tag was correct before but botched it in an edit lol

edit: and the game of course was owlboy! thanks!

Hektor

Honestly, to sum up my thoughts on "Open World Fatigue"

You're not fatigued of Open Worlds. You're fatigued of bad checkbox world design that is Open World solely for the sake of a back of the box bulletpoint.

And honestly I do find the entire concept of OWF hilarious, because I could have sworn the consensus towards the end of last gen was that linear games were Literally Worse Than Hitler. Maketh up thine minds, people.

I'm unsure wether your last point is being made sarcastically or serious.

In case it is mean seriously, don't you see the reason for that? People aren't fatigued of the structure itself but the way it was getting mindlessly copied through the majority of AAA games, just like Open World now.

Tizoc

For anyone getting Chaos Code, I recommend setting the language to Korean, Chinese or Japanese.
This game is a successor to SNK's Engrish in the WORST possible way, so unless you enjoy Engrish in your fighters, just set it to say Japanese language and make your own explanation for the characters.

At any rate, the game is good and resembles KoF's system somewhat. Damage output feels low though, but I hadn't explored the combo system that much.
Bravo's my fav. character just for how wacky he is and for being the grappler of the game :p
F2C912D57A38E74F3E96737249CA9D38F3408813
054B7A7DD49C55A669023888377007AEA30FB22F
AB138C00BFED6EF211834DA25B2121F2986BB1F8

Fair word of warning- The female characters are pandering to the fucking max. The gameplay is really nice but the character designs for some characters are really bad IMO.

iosefe

this, even if the spoiler tag wasnt botched, why is it even here

i told you it was iosefe like 3 hours ago ffs.

i did iosefe though. i thought that trivia giveaways had a second try, so i used my name.

my evidence being the aformentioned Kagamint giveaway wherein Jawmuncher had a second entry and got the game

BlakeofT

This is my first time pre-loading a game on Steam. It says that Nier will unlock in approximately 17 hours. How accurate is that?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Fun With Dinos Part 2: Seeds of Evil -- MB-5B46623102B1917B - Taken by GhostTrick Trivia Question: http://irregulartimes.com/destroytheark.gif How many dinosaurs appear on the page (spell out the number)?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-7C9137A8DB784856 - Taken by Vazra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom