• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

I don't know man some weird stuff went down. They had a trailer and at the end it had the Steam logo and a date of March 10 clear as day. Then they took it down and replaced it with one that just had the PS4 date of March 7. Really bizzare for SE to do that . I saw the original trailer with the pc date when it first came out.

cdkeys is if you go that route
Depends on the game but probably no gray route this time.
Right now? Play-Asia if you're in EU region. Other than that? No clue. After GMG cancelled their UMvC3 preorders and last I knew didn't have a pre-order page for Nier, it's hard to say what their price will be once/if it becomes part of their catalog.
Yeah I wanted the play Asia key but it isn't guaranteed region free so I'm not going to bother because I don't know their refund policy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ASCII Attack -- MB-63EC36C7CAD64EF6 - Taken by dave is ok
Electric Circuit -- MB-7E206F34D288FCE6 - Taken by fuzzy123
Green Game: TimeSwapper -- MB-83B40FB7FC49F532 - Taken by voodooray
Hack RUN -- MB-DB5EEFB27B7DD656 - Taken by Aaron D.
Home is Where One Stars -- MB-9EA770ACAFE2A162 - Taken by bloke
In Celebration of Violence -- MB-ED921C179C3EDEC8 - Taken by Costa1774
Into the Gloom -- MB-12E30123FFC23A94 - Taken by Nabae
RFLEX Plus Soundtrack -- MB-66D0AE2754994884 - Taken by Kagemusha
Settled -- MB-F39E9CA00BC9FC3B - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Survivor Squad: Gauntlets -- MB-133D857341191FF8 - Taken by rainking187
Zombo Buster Rising -- MB-3DFE5DFE60589267 - Taken by Hakkelus

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do Steam Community Market listings expire? My TF2 crates I had listed randomly were back in my inventory...

My understanding was that all listings expire after two years, but that info might be a bit outdated.

Arthea

My understanding was that all listings expire after two years, but that info might be a bit outdated.

It probably is, I don't remember two years ever being a case, though
Before listings expired after a year, I'm pretty sure of that, not 100% though
Now it seems to be some sort of system and some items don't expire while some expire rather fast, I can't say I know exactly how fast, though, because it's rather hard to track, unless you do a conscious experiment.

Arthea

I went through my market history some (it really is too much work)
I have listing from July 18 that expired on 1st of January, for example

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Megauap, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jotun: Valhalla Edition -- MB-0129F687C80B36FA - Taken by zebez. 37 entrants total.

t1488504569z1.png

is the campaign for battlefield 1 decent? tempted to get that double pack with T2 but I don't play multiplayer very often.

I thought the BF1 campaign was decent. It's probably the best looking game I've ever seen and the tone managed to remain surprisingly respectful.

That said, I still wouldn't recommend purchasing it just for the single player. Multiplayer is the essence of Battlefield.

Parsnip

And that's another Nier Automata thread to unsub from.

You are not going to convince anyone over there that a marketing deal was in place, it's entirely pointless. People are just going in circles, it's madness.

One positive thing about... "discussion" like that is that it's always a great way to find the right people to put on your ignore list.

Jawmuncher

And that's another Nier Automata thread to unsub from.

You are not going to convince anyone over there that a marketing deal was in place, it's entirely pointless. People are just going in circles, it's madness.

One positive thing about... "discussion" like that is that it's always a great way to find the right people to put on your ignore list.

There wasn't a marketing deal.
Square knows how to best market Nier Automata for the PC audience.
They make them thirsty and then at the last moment give it to them, bumping up demand for the title. So people think that if they don't buy it up, they'll no longer be given any games....

That actually sounds way too plausible. I don't like it.

EdmondD

It took me way too long to realize Aloy from Horizon is the same va as Chloe from Life is Strange. Kind of blew my mind that it's Ash from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing.

Teppic

Mine all expires after 6 months. Except for two 0.03 backgrounds that have been sitting there for a lot longer. I sometimes wonder if they are bugged.

Plesiades

Didn't realize that the Wildlands Beta disappeared from my Library, so I can't uninstall it. Should I nuke the folder and run a registry cleaner or is there better method?

SpikeChun (3/2 SF)‏Verified account @SpikeChunsoft_e
Our press event starts in a few minutes! Tonight is the one day we DON'T want to
spread despair.
C59JRzNVAAAzrJu.jpg

I wonder when they will announce whatever games are shown there?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I paid 40 dollars for this... thing. Not gonna buy any more full price releases from those guys, they lied about the game all the way, it's nothing like the stuff we were promised when it went live for purchase.

Wasnt that bundled with something? I know i have it, or maybe I dont? All those 40k games are a blur.

Wasnt that bundled with something? I know i have it, or maybe I dont? All those 40k games are a blur.

Yeah, after launch, it got bad reviews (since it's pretty bad and they didn't deliver on their promises) so they bundled it with the latest Bandai Namco HB.

bloke

Didn't realize I already have it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade BETA -- MB-6E16479625EA46AE - Taken by electroflame

Teeth

It took me way too long to realize Aloy from Horizon is the same va as Chloe from Life is Strange. Kind of blew my mind that it's Ash from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing.

She's also Tiny Tina from Borderlands. Let that blow your mind.

Crossing my fingers for Fire Pro Wrestling, 428, Shiren, and Grand Kingdom PC ports.

Heck I'll even take that Banshee's Last Cry reimagining that came out for the Vita in Japan recently.

well...that possible Fire Pro teaser thing came out last week so I'd say that is a possibility

I'd even take just a straight-up port of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and call it a day

Mikurden

I paid 40 dollars for this... thing. Not gonna buy any more full price releases from those guys, they lied about the game all the way, it's nothing like the stuff we were promised when it went live for purchase.
Since these are just Beta keys, don't they just provide temporary access, whereas you actually bought the game and will have it forever?

You know, the problem with Linux gaming is twofold:

1) There are less games (obviously)
2) Quite a few of the games run substantially worse than in Windows on the same hardware

For example, I sat down to start Shadow of Mordor and I'm getting regular drops into the 20's with some settings turned down, on a machine that under Windows was locked at 60 with almost everything cranked. Saints Row The Third takes 5 minutes to load, unplayable stutter once it does. I may as well pretend those Linux versions don't exist.

I'd be OK with one of those two issues. Out of the games I don't have hidden in my Steam library, nearly half are on Linux. But when another chunk of those are unplayable ports, then I just can't justify it.

Mikurden

It's going F2P. The "rewards" for owning the game when it wasn't free are crap as well.

Yeah, I just looked at the post on the store page. I thought all these Warhammer games were made by the same company, but apparently these devs' only other experience was a couple of (shitty) Disney plane games, so clearly they were a good choice for this.

I think someone from Sony asked SE to keep things mum. No money, just a professional courtesy.

There was definitely money or some sort of incentive involved. Launch window marketing is everything for these big publishers and they would not deliberately hide one version of the game just to be polite.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You know, the problem with Linux gaming is twofold:

It's a catch​ 22. The support at the driver level and software level isn't there because the user base isn't there. The user base isn't there because the software and the drivers aren't there.

I'm glad Valve is continuing to work on it and where it is now compared to 5 years ago is a night and day difference.

I think someone from Sony asked SE to keep things mum. No money, just a professional courtesy.

Sony-san, please. I would eat your poop.

So according to the thread in the GD folder, looks like Fire Pro will be an Early Access title on Steam and this will be the first Fire Pro title to support online play.

I think having this in Early Access is smart. The video game wrestling community is very passionate and they can help along with Spike on molding this game to be one of the top games on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom