• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

Anybody planning to pick Shiness? I would have had, but they had to pick worst time possible to release that game.
This year is nuts

I'm not going to buy it anytime soon but I have had my eye on it. I like how the combat looks and overall the game has an old school style to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1200.gif

I feel like making a poor decision, im split between grabbing Toukiden 2 since im almost done with Nier, or going the really poor decision route, and go #yolo me a Switch

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I feel like making a poor decision, im split between grabbing Toukiden 2 since im almost done with Nier, or going the really poor decision route, and go #yolo me a Switch

what better birthday gift is there than the gift of Zelda to one self?

do it!

Get Nonary Games instead tomorrow and celebrate your birthday with death.

Also, happy birthday.

Lanrutcon

1200.gif

Ok ok. Lemme help you here.

Toukiden 2 is a pretty basic port. Not a looker, no mouse support, no bells and whistles.

But as someone who loves MH on the 3DS: it's exactly what I wanted. It's MH on a nice big screen that I can play with a controller of my choice at 60 fps. It runs like a bat out of hell, it's got a ton of content, the fights are fun and there's everything I know and love about MH from day 1. The environments are varied. I've encountered like, 17 varities of Oni already and I'm only at the start of chapter 2. The open world stuff is great (quests, events, roaming enemies, collectables, gathering) and there are missions where I can fight Oni of my choice without having to go hunt em down. The weapons all perform differently and there's a ton to craft. The Mitama system doubles as kind of a "level up" system with passives and actives.

I was on the fence (it's my first Toukiden game), but after 2 days with it I am super glad I picked it up.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can save anywhere you like. It doesn't use save points. Which is goddamn aces. Now if you'll excuse me, I just found this thing in the ruins of a fortress and I'm gonna shoot it with my railgun.

Doomedfool

Like assholes and opinions, something else we all have, a birthday. And today is mine...Im old motherfuckers. And im not "I'm 26 but I say I'm old tee hee" old, I'm "almost 40" old.

Fuck. Have some games.

Haha! You're old! Oh, wait..I'm older :(

Happy Birthday!

Tizoc

Happy bday Rhaky-chan~

Gotta say Styx 2 has a decent story just like Styx 1
the whole Amber concept is pretty good in how they use it for the narritive and the world building in these 2 games

Lain

Happy birthday almost 40 Rhaknar.

That bundlestar bundle was pretty damn good, only 2 already owned games.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! -- MB-0D7EF5DC24E62705 - Taken by dave is ok
JumpJet Rex -- MB-B9B1C130D3316B61 - Taken by purseowner

MadGear

I know it is stupid, but I uninstalled SFV the second the rootkit happened and have no intention of ever going back. Capcom's pathetic half apology didn't help my confidence in them either.

But "at it's core SFV is such a great game" ™, can't you see? But seriously, I did the same thing, however I actually re-installed the game months later but still haven't found the motivation to start playing it again. The promise(?) of a potentially great game really doesn't help when the game that is available right now isn't even that good (imo).

And also fuck Mahvel, I read Unworthy Thor #5 today and right now I feel nothing but contempt for that company.

Kudo

1200.gif

Can't get yourself better gift than the new Zelda. Just listening to the OST while waiting for good time to continue my playthrough.
Also Happy Birthday!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just setup my new G-Sync monitor and played some Andromeda.

People weren't lying, it is a game changer. I actually have to check my FPS counter to see dips now, since I no longer notice it.

Any tips/settings I should know?

Cth

Like assholes and opinions, something else we all have, a birthday. And today is mine...Im old motherfuckers. And im not "I'm 26 but I say I'm old tee hee" old, I'm "almost 40" old.

Fuck. Have some games.

Happy birthday from a 40+ year old :D

JCG

Fuck. Have some games.

Happy birthday Rhaknar. Enjoy it. .

Tizoc

Rhaky, go get Styx 2 instead if you could; it's cheaper than Toukiden 2 last I checked and there should be a few sites still selling it for sub $35 :X
Otherwise, grab Toukiden 2, if you're getting a Switch, you should at least consider what other MORE games you want to get on that system.

But "at it's core SFV is such a great game" ™, can't you see? But seriously, I did the same thing, however I actually re-installed the game months later but still haven't found the motivation to start playing it again. The promise(?) of a potentially great game really doesn't help when the game that is available right now isn't even that good (imo).

And also fuck Mahvel, I read Unworthy Thor #5 today and right now I feel nothing but contempt for that company.

I've been saying 'Fuck a Marvel' ever since their stance on the X-Men months ago.

Eila

Will Toukiden 2 have extra DLC or the one that's currently free is eveything there is? Might get it if I get a complete game for that price. Been hoping to hold onto my precious wallet money but KT don't exactly put great discounts or bundles.

C4rter

Steamdb can't get complete information for cd-keys. I remembered a case of a russian game from cubicbundle which was region restricted to only Russia and steamdb couldn't tell anything about that.

That's why you think it might be possible to activate a row key in Germany. But it's not possible. If you look at packages you will find some are named with a (DE) tag. I'm pretty sure all but DE packages must have PurchaseRestrictedCountries: DE flag activated.

Thanks for responding. Alright I'll give it a pass for now. The censored parts in Blops 2 are only in the Zombie mode that I won't play so I guess I could live with the censored version. I'm not in the mood to activate it via the "backdoor" again.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Why? The whisper reveal was as good as it was ever going to be.

Vastag

Ok ok. Lemme help you here.

Toukiden 2 is a pretty basic port. Not a looker, no mouse support, no bells and whistles.

But as someone who loves MH on the 3DS: it's exactly what I wanted.

Mmmm, as a MH fan now the game is on my radar. How is it compared to MH? Does it have the same crafting mechanics with the monster parts?

C4rter

Steamdb can't get complete information for cd-keys. I remembered a case of a russian game from cubicbundle which was region restricted to only Russia and steamdb couldn't tell anything about that.

That's why you think it might be possible to activate a row key in Germany. But it's not possible. If you look at packages you will find some are named with a (DE) tag. I'm pretty sure all but DE packages must have PurchaseRestrictedCountries: DE flag activated.

Thanks for responding. Alright I'll give it a pass for now. The censored parts in Blops 2 are only in the Zombie mode that I won't play so I guess I could live with the censored version. I'm not in the mood to activate it via the "backdoor" again.

Well, that was unexpected. I felt lucky because I could get "Black Ops 2", "Ghosts" and "Modern Warfare 3" for 22,17€ in total so I got all three of them.
And to my surprise, I could even redeem the "Black Ops 2" key. It showed up as the "RoW" package after activation.

Finally got around to finishing Paint it Back (all sections including 2016 Election), took me 20 hours.

For a £6 game (might have been cheaper, can't remember if I got it on sale) it was well worth the money.

It was a great game just to drop 10mins on here or there or just or long calm sessions to unwind too. Finishing it has kind of left a hole, I will have to go have a look at other picross games on steam.

Teggy

I was loving Hollow Knight until I reached the
Soul Sanctum area with those floating mages
, then I started loving it a bit less because I HATE those fuckers. The boss of that area was an asshole too and then I found out I gotta
kill him again in the other world and he's even more of an asshole there!!!
and I said nope!
Now I gotta go back to the Mantis and try to engage the boss there.

That was definitely the point in that game when I almost dropped it, especially when I finally beat the boss
and died in the surprise second round
but I somehow powered through after like 30 attempts. It didn't help that there is a much quicker way to get back to the boss and I didn't find it until after I had beaten it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom