• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haendeul

I played myself going for one of the joke endings immediately after beating the first route.

Mild spoiler:
Now I have to replay that schmup section that dragged on far too long.

Lanrutcon

Mmmm, as a MH fan now the game is on my radar. How is it compared to MH? Does it have the same crafting mechanics with the monster parts?

Works exactly the same, with the exception that stripping parts off a monster changes combat as well.

I just fought this snail naga witch oni thing. Lady had snakes for arms and a snail shell. Focused on getting her snakes cut off first (yay loot: Serpent Skin!) so she'd stop Dhalsim-ing the room. Then I shot off her horns, we got her shell off and then we cornered her. Without her shell and her whip-like snake arms she was cake. You can break off legs, arms, horns, tentacles, spinnerets, tongues, wings, etc etc...then make gear from it.

If you break off some body parts they can be regenerated though, unless you purify them. There are mechanics involved.

Teggy

There's an Of Orcs and Men reference in Styx 2. Given the amount of 4th wall breaking they do, I'm surprised Styx didn't just call out the game by name and mention it can be bought on Steam.

1200.gif

I feel like making a poor decision, im split between grabbing Toukiden 2 since im almost done with Nier, or going the really poor decision route, and go #yolo me a Switch

QZ6PZEF.jpg

Happy Birthday! #yoyoloo

FLD

Now that I think about it, Styx ranting at you after he dies is pretty funny. Ingame 4th wall breaking could've been better, but the post death rant are a neat little touch

Yeah, those don't bother me as much as the in-game ones. Mainly because whenever I die I tend to just hit start and reload my last quicksave manually instead of waiting for the game over screen.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-31E7A88FB4F73A6F - Taken by Snakethesniper

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got all endings in Nier... that sure was depressing, fitting for the day I guess.

Now what? :/

gngf123

I wish mystery giveaways could be set up to send messages to the people who entered but didn't win. Like a kind of "Look what you could have won."

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I wish mystery giveaways could be set up to send messages to the people who entered but didn't win. Like a kind of "Look what you could have won."

A better idea would be an option that changes the "Mystery Game" text to the actual title of the game but only after it has been won.

FLD

A better idea would be an option that changes the "Mystery Game" text to the actual title of the game but only after it has been won.

I like this one. I wouldn't even make it an option. Once the game's been won, there's no reason to keep it a mystery.

xelios

I like this one. I wouldn't even make it an option. Once the game's been won, there's no reason to keep it a mystery.

It would have to be an option because the user would have to willingly input the information (real name of the game); otherwise, there's no way for modbot to know what the game was. Still, it would be a nice option considering how often people ask, "What was it?" Doubt it would get used frequently enough or by enough people to be worth Stump's time though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Toukiden 2, you know you want it ;)

I do, Ive been wanting to play a MH-style game (ib4 someone says "but its not like MH") for ages, the only issues the port seems to have are completely irrelevant to me (lack of mouse, I was going to play with a controller anyway, and I only have 1080p screens), and the GMG discount is nice plus KT games rarely go on discount, and when they do its not by a lot (kinda why I bought that Azure/Atelier bundle at launch with the nice discount).

Hmph. Hmph I say to you.

Did you play God Eater 2?

not yet, but arent those even further removed from what MH is?

xelios

I do, Ive been wanting to play a MH-style game (ib4 someone says "but its not like MH") for ages, the only issues the port seems to have are completely irrelevant to me (lack of mouse, I was going to play with a controller anyway, and I only have 1080p screens), and the GMG discount is nice plus KT games rarely go on discount, and when they do its not by a lot (kinda why I bought that Azure/Atelier bundle at launch with the nice discount).

Hmph. Hmph I say to you.

Did you play God Eater 2?

not yet, but arent those even further removed from what MH is?

Hmm, no, not at all. GE2 is pretty darn similar. Played it myself but haven't finished it. It doesn't have quite as much depth in some areas, not as much gathering in zones, and the story/characters are kind of lame (but that's not MH's strong point either). Other than that, it's basically the same.

Edit: Not sure about the multiplayer either, haven't tried it out.

FLD

It would have to be an option because the user would have to willingly input the information (real name of the game); otherwise, there's no way for modbot to know what the game was. Still, it would be a nice option considering how often people ask, "What was it?" Doubt it would get used frequently enough or by enough people to be worth Stump's time though.

there's no way to know what is it as modbot can't scan a code to see what it is supposed to be

Well, not as it is now but entering the real name could be made into a requirement for setting up mystery giveaways. People would still have to willingly enter the correct info, though, so it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Wok

I know y'all got Armikrog. in your Steam Library's from a bundle so you should get around to playing and beating this rather short Adventure game

I remember there was a controversy with someone working on this game.

Edit: Found it.

By the way, when was it bundled? I cannot find the info with Enhanced Steam and the game is 25 €. Historical lowest price: 6.25 €.

derFeef

I am just waiting for that PC monster hunter game, looks cool.
I wish Soul Sacrifice would be on PC (or newer consoles) - that is a sweet as MH-like game.

Parsnip

Do you actually care about hunting games though? Although I've known about the series, what stood out to me most about the game when I first saw the update thread about it a while back was that art though.
Lots of KT games seem to have great art, it's a shame only few of them have trading cards.

KarmaCow

I was thinking of downloading the Division demo just to see how it ran on my computer and apparently it's 47 GB. Again, the demo for a game that lists 40GB in the system requirements is 47GB. What the fuck.

Lain

Soul Sanctum / Soul Magus was an awesome section you two are crazy.

I can give you Soul Magus being cool because of the twist and breaks during the fight (
though I maintain his powered up form in the other world is too much for me
) but those flying mages aren't cool at all. Too much baiting needed to kill them for me because of the teleports and those half homing projectiles.

I am just waiting for that PC monster hunter game, looks cool.
I wish Soul Sacrifice would be on PC (or newer consoles) - that is a sweet as MH-like game.

So sad Soul Sacrifice is dead. :( Everything was awesome with the game (Delta improved a lot) except fps drops while playing online. :/

Aaron D.

Also, Hearts of Iron IV is a weekend deal (40% off). It isn't featured in the main page (at least for me)

It's so funny that I'm a certified Paradox fanboy, and I absolutely LOVE their grand-strat franchises.

But HoI?

Yeah, that s**t terrifies me.

Guess I never was good at granular war tactics. The most nuanced I get is holding back engagement until I can hurl way more units against their units, LOL.

Shame, 'cause the latest game looks dreamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom