• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

For jshackles
cPcd2WB.gif

The Batman bro nod is so funny lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Aquaman is so cool he can swim through the air too

With the way DC takes simple powers and follows them to extreme ends, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a comic that explained Aquaman flying through the air a result of it being really humid.

fantomena

Just finished the Ringed City and finally uninstalled DS3 considering it's the last DLC. Now Im gonna turn my eyes on either ME, Nier or Disc Jam. Or just continue palying Six Siege.

morningbus

Aquaman can only swim through the air when it rains, as explained in Aquaman #530 return of the evil shrimp.

There is literally an issue where, because Humans have a part of their brain descended from fish​, Aquaman was able to cause seizures in human beings.

If they wanted to make him swim in the air because he can levitate the water in his body, I'm fine with it.

AHA-Lambda

I'm 7 hours in now, and just got to
The Flooded City
in Nier Automata.

I'm guessing this game might be a lot shorter if you don't do the side quests? Seeing as everyone else is posting ~20 hour playthroughs for their first run.

Can the side quests still be done on subsequent playthroughs as normal?

Hektor

The Flooded City
in Nier Automata.

I'm guessing this game might be a lot shorter if you don't do the side quests? Seeing as everyone else is posting ~20 hour playthroughs for their first run.

Yip

Tizoc

I won't be starting Nier A until much later, namely once the update drops.
Clearing my backlog for now starting with Berserk Musou.

morningbus

They really should have just had you play Trine 3 with the two other characters again.

Then you got a hit on your hands.

Jawmuncher

The Flooded City
in Nier Automata.

I did all main endings in 20 hours. Not doing the side quests definitely saves you a lot of time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was looking at the "Enhanced" releases and Icewind Dale didn't have achievements listed. Did they add achievements to Baldur's Gate 1/2 after Icewind came out?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yes. Beamdog has been teasing Planescape on twitter and stuff so this is the only logical outcome of that. a Torment EE would be great for those who don't want to fiddle with the mods to get the original game running well on modern systems.

A win for everyone who likes amazing writing. PLAY PLANESCAPE.

Purkake4

Banned
Hasn't Beamdog fucked up all the enhanced editions so far? Horrible shading, no mods, bugs and other weird stuff?

Torment works fine for me :/

For the guys who completed Nier, I have a non-spoiler question but I'll spoiler it because you never know, I need only a Yes/No:
Is there any ending that requires getting all the weapons? Or other stuff? Just to know how to pace the eventual gathering

Nzyme32

Trine 3 isn't finished?

The opposite.

They made an apology video and claimed that they were probably going to give up on it and Trine as a franchise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBFSrPF-hfA

It is their own doing really

is there a way to see steam games by folder size?

Annoyingly - but wonderfully when at a TV - if you are in BPM and go to settings and Disk Management, all of your installed games library is listed in order of file size

3mr5PJF.png

A game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-03BBD1540B2E8060 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1490465994z1.png

Phinor

The start to this year has been filled with amazing games, just something new and interesting every week. I just finished Horizon, Nioh couple of weeks ago, Yakuza 0 was great fun as well. Then we've had like half a dozen great PC games already and I've yet to even start Torment and few others like Nier.

But then there's Mass Effect Andromeda which would have been my most anticipated game of the year had we not had Inquisition after Dragon Age 2 (one is a fluke etc.). Still though, how bad could it be? You just need couple of good writers and the Mass Effect universe will carry you the rest of the way. Right...

It's not bad, it's just so painfully average open world game with poor writing and dialogue on top of all that mediocrity. I'm not expecting miracles here, I thought Horizon had pretty good writing for an open world game and Yakuza relied heavily on story which it did just fine. Yakuza had some great characters and it didn't really take much, just few traits per character and that will do the job if you write competent lines for them. After 10 hours or so, I've yet to see one interesting character in ME:A and the characters constantly make irrational, dumb decisions. It's about as bad writing/characters as AAA games ever get because most of the time you can find at least some redeeming qualities when you put enough money into a game. Sure, the animations are funny but they don't ruin a Mass Effect game just like below average combat never ruined the previous games. Visually it's quite good although based on my 10 hours or so, they didn't really take any risks with the visual design. It's as expected, shiny, pretty, but not as interesting as it should have been.

I'm just disappointed because Mass Effect trilogy was among the highlights of last generation and they still hold up, I just played half of ME1 in January before this game release spree started. At this point I'm going to agree with Jeff Gerstmann, I'd rather play Ghost Recon WIldlands than Mass Effect and it's not because I think Wildlands is particularly good.

Ludens

Banned
So, in the end I bought Nightcry (let's see it bundled in the upcoming Monthly now...) and I think I'm happy with it, just finished now with the best ending.
The game has A LOT of problems, in my opinion, like:
-lip-sync doesn't work...I think it worked in a couple of cutscenes, during the others character simply won't move their lips at all.
-animations are BAD. And I mean, very bad. I think you saw the blond girl in some videos playing here on GAF when the game released, but you
will use other two characters and the running animations are even goofier
. There are just a bunch of them (often fade to black is used instead of an animation), and they are not good.
-soundtrack is nice and it works, but too often there's total silence in the game, and it simply doesn't work.
-enemies...well,
there's only one of them, and he only spawns on fixed moments. To avoid him, you can interact with one time use items, or hide in specific spots, but just a single time: ie if you hide yourself under the bad, you won't be able to use a bad again. When you know this, it's pretty much impossible dying in this game, really.
-the stamina system is so useless they could have avoided it totally: I never run out of stamina in my entire play, so what's the point on having that? Just because it was in the SNES Clock Tower? Well, it worked in that game, here it doesn't.
-controls sucks. Why a gamepad is not even supported? Why turning an angle is such a titanic action? The gameplay is rather simple and you won't die due to poor controls, but having a functional keyboard or gamepad support could have provided a smoother experience.

Despite those issues, the game is really fun: you need to carefully explore each area if you wanna achieve the best ending, and often what you do with one character (ie grabbing an item) will help you much later. There's nothing obscure here, if not maybe a couple of items work, but in general if you simply explore each room carefully grabbing all items, reading all documents etc you won't have problems on getting the best ending. Just a note: be sure to interact with each item/character several times, for characters be sure they start to repeat the same line again and again, since often you can grab an item/something happens only the second or third time you interact with it.

In the end I think the game is worth 10€, if devs, one day, will release an enhanced edition (it won't happen) with improved controls, full voice acting with full lip-sync support, reworked character's models (some of them are just very ugly) and maybe some additional puzzles in and there, this could be a great game. For now, it remains in the same category of Deadly Premonition, a little gem which can't be appreciated by all.

Anyway I hope the rumors around an EE for Planescape are true, even if the base game works well with a couple of mods, I would take a new version with, possibly, new contents like BG games.

Rag Doll Kung Fu was the first non-Valve game on Steam IIRC. Only 24 reviews is kind of odd.

EDIT - That fov thread in main. Good grief.
I know, and that's why i really want to get it. I remember reading about this game in PC game magazine and Valve was listed as publisher. Reviewer predicted that Valve will save PC indies and Steam will be bigger than Xbox Live Arcade someday. Too bad that this game never got any discount, just like SiN Episodes.

data

If I copy paste my DkS2 SOTFS save to google cloud so I can put it on another PC, I won't have any issues right? I remember there was some stuff going on with copying DkS savefiles
IF the save is yours, there's no problem. If you use the save of another person, you will get banned.

Alright, thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom