• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

The differences are so puzzling with the PC version. I mean the neon signs are completely different in some cases almost to the point of the original seeming more attractive.

Yeah. There are lots of things that look worse or are missing too. Seems advantageous to actually have the original. I feel like a lot of the atmosphere is lost in the remaster

FLD

Aaaaaaaand done.

QxPcYPT.png

And now I don't know what to do with myself tonight. I'm not sure if I want to play another video game right now. I don't even feel like going back to Styx 2. :(

Maybe I'll just binge watch some Archer. I'm like 2 seasons behind and I started it over from the beginning a few days ago.

Well, I loved my deep desk until I didn't.

So, I spent the day ripping it down lengthwise and repurposing the legs. Sand and paint and all that. I figured I'd take the time to deal with desk cable management, which is so fucking tedious and unsexy until you're done, and it still feels whatever.

Felt so suburban that it hurts a little.

Yes, desk talk. Yes, cable management. Before and after pics?

Any thoughts on the Mini Golf games on Steam? Golf with your friends seems like the popular choice but I wonder if Golf it! will over take it in the long run because of mod support.

I have Golf with your friends. Just about the only good things I can say are that it's cheap and the online multiplayer works. I had some fun playing it against a friend in co-op. Other than that it's not great. It's short on content (only 4 courses when I played and the developers promised a couple more before it's 'full' release). The actual courses have very little polish. All the objects and paths feel like they were set up by a student learning how to do 3D models. The most annoying thing was that you have almost no camera control to look ahead on a course and see where you need to go or what kind of shot you need to pull off. The camera is fixed on the ball with limited rotation so you'll only ever see one or two shots ahead. Sometimes even less because of obstacles and how mini golf paths are designed. The game just generally lacks polish and content. I played through all the courses once and didn't feel compelled to replay any of them.

I'm honestly surprised at how popular the game is. It seems like it's catering to a demand that few others have noticed on the Steam platform.

I'm trying not to think about depressing situation in my country and thousands people that was apprehended today because they don't agree with our government, so i'm planing to stay at home and play games whole weekend. Played 4 hours in Nier, combat is amazing and fascinating to watch, overall game performance is great, no stuttering or noticeable FPS drops after disabling AA completely. But there is way too much backtracking in sidequests, openworld is relatively small in this game but it's still a chore to run across the map just to talk with NPCs and then run back. Can i ignore sidequests and do story stuff without fearing of missing out anything? I see there is 100% sidequests achievement, so i wondering is it possible to get it within one savefile.
Where do you live?
anyone played LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens =o

it's like 3 bucks http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-pc-steam
Still the usual LEGO gameplay, but it looks really pretty.

I have Golf with your friends. Just about the only good things I can say are that it's cheap and the online multiplayer works. I had some fun playing it against a friend in co-op. Other than that it's not great. It's short on content (only 4 courses when I played and the developers promised a couple more before it's 'full' release). The actual courses have very little polish. All the objects and paths feel like they were set up by a student learning how to do 3D models. The most annoying thing was that you have almost no camera control to look ahead on a course and see where you need to go or what kind of shot you need to pull off. The camera is fixed on the ball with limited rotation so you'll only ever see one or two shots ahead. Sometimes even less because of obstacles and how mini golf paths are designed. The game just generally lacks polish and content. I played through all the courses once and didn't feel compelled to replay any of them.

I'm honestly surprised at how popular the game is. It seems like it's catering to a demand that few others have noticed on the Steam platform.

They added a 5th recently. The courses beyond the first one are quite complex and if you don't know them you get completely lost. The game could do with a few starter courses before adding more harder ones.

Great fun game though and easy to get a game.

DasFool

Any thoughts on the Mini Golf games on Steam? Golf with your friends seems like the popular choice but I wonder if Golf it! will over take it in the long run because of mod support.

Couple of buddies of mine have a few of the mini golf games and Golf It is generally agreed upon to be the best one. Custom map support is quite expansive and the developer pushes out updates almost daily.

Personally, I can vouch for Golf It's quality. It's a great riot with a group of friends and the editor is easy enough to use and understand.

Lomax

So I noticed a very odd bug of sorts with Atelier Sophie... when I play using my Steam link, my load times are basically instant. But when I play directly on my desktop it has long-ish (a few seconds, noticeable, but not awful) load times. Only thing I can find says somehow load times are linked to frame rate, but it's an odd benefit of playing it via my Steam link (which is more comfortable anyway).

Still an awesome game, in two weeks now it's already cracked my top 10 most played and I know I've got a good bit left to go.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm actually surprised steam hasn't put hollywood and indie films (and not documentaries) in its steam video.

starcraft remake?

that's so cool

It's really cool.

But there's a million ways Blizzard could mess it up. If Overwatch didn't happen I'd just be depressed, but now... I have a glimmer of hope.

Original SC/BW will also be going free around the same time as SCRE releases. Get that +1, y'all. It is a classic for a reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm actually surprised steam hasn't put hollywood and indie films (and not documentaries) in its steam video.

Lionsgate has dozens of films up on Steam, including new releases, however it seems insistent upon only releasing those it can distribute in the US/Canada, and Devolver has an indie film distribution arm that trickles out content. I think Valve was hoping that Lionsgate's presence would result in other distributors following its lead, but that hasn't really happened. Even WB has only bothered to release the Mad Max films.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4D3F1F0E6AAA536A - Taken by Blizniak. 8 entrants total.

t1490522592z1.png

Platy

Lionsgate has dozens of film up on Steam, including new releases, however it seems insistent upon only releasing those it can distribute in the US/Canada, and Devolver has an indie film distribution arm that trickles out content. I think Valve was hoping that Lionsgate's presence would result in other distributors following its lead, but that hasn't really happened. Even WB has only bothered to release the Mad Max films.

I am really sad about the lack of steam integration on most of those. Lots of movie has great potetial for cards or achievements.

"paused for 5 seconds on an easter egg"
"watched the movie entirely in 2 languages"
"watched all deleted scenes and then rewatched the movie"
"watched the movie with the director commentary"

Ludens

Banned
Any rumors around the Spring Box from SE?
I mean, outside JC3, what games they could include?
Lara Croft GO?
I think all the others SE titles have been bundled, except for some ancient games like Urban Chaos, Pandemonium etc.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Lara Croft GO?
I think all the others SE titles have been bundled, except for some ancient games like Urban Chaos, Pandemonium etc.

I'd be surprised if they were doing JC3 in the mystery box since they're doing it announced and with fewer games on the EU store.

They've done the FFXII trilogy and I don't expect they'll be doubling back.

My expectation for a center piece title in the box would be the complete Life is Strange season.

zkylon

zkylewd
As if millions of korean voices suddenly screamed their wishes and were suddenly attended.

Not sure if it counts as a remaster since the graphics had to be remade =P

all new graphics?

even cutscenes?

i'm only intersted about the singleplayer honestly

xezuru

all new graphics?

even cutscenes?

i'm only intersted about the singleplayer honestly

They hint at the campaign being included in the remake but that source footage for the cutscenes seems so fucking old and like 240p I have no idea what they'll do.

KainXVIII

The differences are so puzzling with the PC version. I mean the neon signs are completely different in some cases almost to the point of the original seeming more attractive.
Remaster looks so much better, especially in rainy weather when road signs reflects from wet road! 😍

Started sleeping dogs DE edition, it runs fine so far but oh man my fans are really loud when I play this thing. Should I be worried or is this normal?

I'm rolling with a 970 and a i5 6600k.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Started sleeping dogs DE edition, it runs fine so far but oh man my fans are really loud when I play this thing. Should I be worried or is this normal?

I'm rolling with a 970 and a i5 6600k.

Are you running it above 60 fps in some capacity? Does your display support that and is it intended? If not, try capping it and see if that helps.

PCGaming wiki says you might get screen tearing even with vsync on on Win10, in which case you should cap the framerate at 58 FPS.

Sajko

Lara Croft GO?

Last one had 2 legacy of Kain games. So I think the third is a given. Outside of that probably one of the GO games and some old stuff. Considering early reveal of JC3, my expectations are very low.

xist

Last one had 2 legacy of Kain games. So I think the third is a given. Outside of that probably one of the GO games and some old stuff. Considering early reveal of JC3, my expectations are very low.

Personally I thought that the last surprise box was the worst for a while, but I bought it because the one before was great and I missed out. Completely on the fence about whether or not to jump on board this time....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lanrutcon where are you? I know you're out there, lurking, in the shadows waiting to pounce on me
with Toukiden information

AHA-Lambda

Anyone want a 33% off coupon for Tyranny? First to PM me can get it.

Redeems over at the paradox store but I believe the game is sold as a steam key anyway.

Tizoc

Lara Croft GO?
I hope lara croft go is in it at least
I am grabbing it later today

Ludens

Banned

I would get it if I would know JC3, Turing Test and Lara Groft Go would be in, after all they are the only "recent" titles not bundled yet from SE. Plus the price this time is higher, so maybe there's a chance for those titles to be included.

thanks for the impressions spindoctor. I only have one friend playing it so I might skip it.
Couple of buddies of mine have a few of the mini golf games and Golf It is generally agreed upon to be the best one. Custom map support is quite expansive and the developer pushes out updates almost daily.

Personally, I can vouch for Golf It's quality. It's a great riot with a group of friends and the editor is easy enough to use and understand.
I did notice that it makes use of assets from the Unreal store. I have mixed feelings about it. As you say it allows the developer to focus on updating gameplay and bugs but it makes me wonder how much of the game is actually original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom