• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
If I copy paste my DkS2 SOTFS save to google cloud so I can put it on another PC, I won't have any issues right? I remember there was some stuff going on with copying DkS savefiles

IF the save is yours, there's no problem. If you use the save of another person, you will get banned.

Resisting the temptation of getting FFXII on PS4 will not be easy, especially since I'm a sucker for having my favorite games sitting on my shelf in nice steelbooks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why does Humble save your credit card for bundles or humble monthly purposes, but not for the store? how random.

I just finished route A of Automata. It took me just shy of 19 hours, and when I was hearing quotes of around this time for the route completion I was expecting mine to be way longer, as I was trying to go for side quests and only saving the ones that seemed a bit out of my level range for later.
It's weird that I gave the wandering couple 50,000g only for the boss fight immediately after to cut off all side quests and funnel me to the end game.

That said I've had a copy of the original NieR lying around collecting dust for a while as I picked it up for $10 when I had the opportunity. If that game has the same kind of general pacing and scope as this, I might want to dig into that shortly after I'm done with Automata. I expected it to be a bit more overwhelming in size for some reason.

The game has a few enemies that are gold-plated that are the same as their regular variants, but they hit harder and have about ohh... 500x the health? I fought a pair of them and it was pretty monotonous, so when I ran into another some time later I just did the sensible thing. I got the idiot stuck in a crevice, locked onto it, and weighed down my pod fire button and did something else in the meantime.

Look at this idiot. Look at him and laugh.

This took literally 25 minutes to whittle down.
It was not worth it.

I gave up on fighting these when I was playing route A but later on
I found out you can take them down pretty quickly by having hacking them with 9S.

You can buy any achievement with money in game

Well that will help with the story achievement that didn't unlock for me at least.

PantsuJo

So, in the end I bought Nightcry (let's see it bundled in the upcoming Monthly now...) and I think I'm happy with it, just finished now with the best ending.
The game has A LOT of problems, in my opinion, like:
-lip-sync doesn't work...I think it worked in a couple of cutscenes, during the others character simply won't move their lips at all.
-animations are BAD. And I mean, very bad. I think you saw the blond girl in some videos playing here on GAF when the game released, but you
will use other two characters and the running animations are even goofier
. There are just a bunch of them (often fade to black is used instead of an animation), and they are not good.
-soundtrack is nice and it works, but too often there's total silence in the game, and it simply doesn't work.
-enemies...well,
there's only one of them, and he only spawns on fixed moments. To avoid him, you can interact with one time use items, or hide in specific spots, but just a single time: ie if you hide yourself under the bad, you won't be able to use a bad again. When you know this, it's pretty much impossible dying in this game, really.
-the stamina system is so useless they could have avoided it totally: I never run out of stamina in my entire play, so what's the point on having that? Just because it was in the SNES Clock Tower? Well, it worked in that game, here it doesn't.
-controls sucks. Why a gamepad is not even supported? Why turning an angle is such a titanic action? The gameplay is rather simple and you won't die due to poor controls, but having a functional keyboard or gamepad support could have provided a smoother experience.

Despite those issues, the game is really fun: you need to carefully explore each area if you wanna achieve the best ending, and often what you do with one character (ie grabbing an item) will help you much later. There's nothing obscure here, if not maybe a couple of items work, but in general if you simply explore each room carefully grabbing all items, reading all documents etc you won't have problems on getting the best ending. Just a note: be sure to interact with each item/character several times, for characters be sure they start to repeat the same line again and again, since often you can grab an item/something happens only the second or third time you interact with it.

In the end I think the game is worth 10€, if devs, one day, will release an enhanced edition (it won't happen) with improved controls, full voice acting with full lip-sync support, reworked character's models (some of them are just very ugly) and maybe some additional puzzles in and there, this could be a great game. For now, it remains in the same category of Deadly Premonition, a little gem which can't be appreciated by all.

Anyway I hope the rumors around an EE for Planescape are true, even if the base game works well with a couple of mods, I would take a new version with, possibly, new contents like BG games.
Thanks for your impressions, I was interested in the game.

I'll buy in summer sale, I think.

Wok

First off, we've released Episode 1 "The House Abandon" as a demo on Steam. This is the updated 'Remastered' version and is the first full episode of Stories Untold, available now, for free!

So if you haven't been sure about whether to buy the game, now there is a perfect way to try it out - grab it now!

Why did nobody tell me Episode 1 is free?

why does Humble save your credit card for bundles or humble monthly purposes, but not for the store? how random.

I wish more websites would not save credit card info with how crappy their protection is.

Just for one of my email adresses, which is the one I use for stupid registrations:

wdHasBX.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I'm playing Rain World.. Game is lovely so far, and hardcore as hell. Dark Souls difficulty has nothing on this.

It bothers me that reviewers/streamers have had access to the final game for days now but those bought the Early Access + OST Edition still have nothing but an alpha build that is slightly more than two years old (and said soundtrack). It certainly doesn't help that the devs didn't respond to my e-mail asking if those with the aforementioned edition would receive a Steam key prior to release.

Knurek

Amazing, PC pirate sites have started putting Zelda: Breath of the Wild among other, native releases.
Cemu can't be this good, can it?

God I'm almost done selling off my entire Dota inventory. Then I can uninstall the game for good.

Thanks for this post and reminding me I still have some Dota items to move. Sold enough to get RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil during the sale and may have enough for Hollow Knight too once everything sells.

MUnited83

For you.
Does it feel fair? And if not (or not all the time), do the procedurally animated creatures and animal AI make up for the unfairness?
So far, yes, I'd say it's fair. You can get killed really quickly , but as you start learning the creatures behaviours, the layout of the map sections and how to move the slugcat, it gets easier. The exploration is very open ended and you can feel really lost at times, and you will probably end up dying to the rain a couple of times while getting a feel around. Thankfully, the map discovered continues discovered on the map even after death, so you slowly start knowing how to get around. The game does give a slight "direction" , pointing out useful stuff ahead and possible new sections to go, but if you want to go the opposite direction and explore on your own that can also be done.

MUnited83

For you.
Amazing, PC pirate sites have started putting Zelda: Breath of the Wild among other, native releases.
It seems so silly they even bother hosting it, when people already have methods to download the game directly from Nintendo's own servers lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well it's the greatest game of all time so I'm not surprised it's the standard.

nobody complained when it was "its like Street Fighter" back in the day.

wait, there was no internet then, I guess people would have complained.

Thanks for this post and reminding me I still have some Dota items to move. Sold enough to get RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil during the sale and may have enough for Hollow Knight too once everything sells.

Man I love RE but I just lack the desire to pick up RE7. I still really don't care about it being first person.

Well, I loved my deep desk until I didn't.

So, I spent the day ripping it down lengthwise and repurposing the legs. Sand and paint and all that. I figured I'd take the time to deal with desk cable management, which is so fucking tedious and unsexy until you're done, and it still feels whatever.

Felt so suburban that it hurts a little.

Do any of you even still play Marvel?

Thread title should've been Nier-related.

Yeah, I've seen people sharing it in my social media feeds.

xezuru

I dunno, I feel like DC animated movies particularly are masters in this fine line of like 60-75%? at maximum silly grit themeing or whatever Under the Red Hood was, but when they try to be truely hardcore or gritty or just too cheesy dumb it's really bad for me personally.

Nzyme32

How's sleeping dogs on pc? Was about to pull the trigger on the ps4 version but I'm wondering how the port is.

The original version is still amazing on PC as far as I recall. The remaster is so-so on PS4 and PC, with little difference over the original PC version but much more demanding. Regardless, even with a moderate PC, the remaster is pretty good performance-wise etc

DF Comparison
- PC Original vs PC Remaster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_1wjWJUqY
- PC Remaster vs Xbone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CTmxOjs1Aw
- PS4 vs Xbone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q4yusUAh-I

Doesn't look like the console versions are any good imo, particularly with the framerate stuff.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The original version is still amazing on PC as far as I recall. The remaster is so-so on PS4 and PC, with little difference over the original PC version but much more demanding. Regardless, even with a moderate PC, the remaster is pretty good performance-wise etc

DF Comparison
- PC Original vs PC Remaster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_1wjWJUqY
- PC Remaster vs Xbone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CTmxOjs1Aw
- PS4 vs Xbone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q4yusUAh-I

Doesn't look like the console versions are any good imo, particularly with the framerate stuff.

The differences are so puzzling with the PC version. I mean the neon signs are completely different in some cases almost to the point of the original seeming more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom