• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Did they already bundle Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I expect that one.

Yes, it was bundled too.
The only missing SE non-bundled titles are:

-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Urban Chaos
-Pandemonium
-The Turing Test
-Dragon Quest Heroes
-some Final Fantasy games (I can't remember how many, but the whole XIII Trilogy was bundled for sure)
-Life is Strange Complete (only Ep.1 was bundled)
-Hitman Complete (only ep. 1 was bundled)
-Lara Croft Go
-one LOK game
-Mankind Divided
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

5 minutes Rage Beta -- MB-F8A8062ACD3CF140 - Taken by duppolo

Purkake4

Banned
Some new PAX gameplay for Dusk.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

barber

Hey guys, anyone has played the new master of orion? Got some money and I am thinking between it and Endless Space 2. Other 4x recommendations are appreciated too!

EDIT: that dusk really tingles my doom sense :D

I have a question regarding new accounts? I made an account for my wife so she could play Cook Serve Delicious and Stardew Valley around 1 year ago. Its restricted, since she didnt buy anything, but I got her the games thanks to generous gaffers from SteamGAF.

What I wonder now is whether she can get cards with a restricted account. She actually got some cards before, but now I ran Idlemaster for the whole night for some other bundle-games I gave her and no card dropped.

Is it because she logged in with a new device (that 7 day market restriction) or is it because the whole account is restricted?

barber

I have a question regarding new accounts? I made an account for my wife so she could play Cook Serve Delicious and Stardew Valley around 1 year ago. Its restricted, since she didnt buy anything, but I got her the games thanks to generous gaffers from SteamGAF.

What I wonder now is whether she can get cards with a restricted account. She actually got some cards before, but now I ran Idlemaster for the whole night for some other bundle-games I gave her and no card dropped.

Is it because she logged in with a new device (that 7 day market restriction) or is it because the whole account is restricted?

I think the restriction is to the commerce module (trade and selling). The problem may be with Idlemaster being non functional in some stuff (at least what i remembered it is not being updated right now and they may have changed the card drop system).
Otherwise more experienced people should know about it.
Edit: I was wrong as seen in here

Tizoc

So first KOEI Tecmo got beef with Itagaki, now Atlus got beef with Kaneko?
Kanekek BTFO

o9DmxJR.png

The redrawn art isn't bad IMO, but...they don't have Kaneko feel, and the fact that they're replacing the original art is hella lame; surely they could've just used original art and implemented them?

Ascheroth

So first KOEI Tecmo got beef with Itagaki, now Atlus got beef with Kaneko?

The redrawn art isn't bad IMO, but...they don't have Kaneko feel, and the fact that they're replacing the original art is hella lame; surely they could've just used original art and implemented them?

That doesn't look like a redraw, more like someone just threw the original through a shitty upscale filter, losing all detail in the process.

Parsnip

According Archi's Steam Farm FAQ, it's no longer possible to get card drops on limited accounts.
No, you can't drop cards on limited accounts anymore (those that never spent 5$ in steam store). It was possible in the past, but it's no longer the case.

MadGear

I just saw that and I'm actually quite excited for it. I don't mind that this is just a remaster instead of a remake since I honestly doubt that Blizzard would do this game justice by remaking it while also trying to "improve" it. However I have to admit that I'm disappointed in the animations I saw in that trailer since they appear to be mostly or entirely unchanged, at least in number of frames. I'm sure there is a good reason why they didn't improve them to make the game look smoother, but for a remaster of such a legendary game, I was hoping for a slightly more extensive visual overhaul. I'm probably just nitpicky tho.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw that and I'm actually quite excited for it. I don't mind that this is just a remaster instead of a remake since I honestly doubt that Blizzard would do this game justice by remaking it while also trying to "improve" it. However I have to admit that I'm disappointed in the animations I saw in that trailer since they appear to be mostly or entirely unchanged, at least in number of frames. I'm sure there is a good reason why they didn't improve them to make the game look smoother, but for a remaster of such a legendary game, I was hoping for a slightly more extensive visual overhaul. I'm probably just nitpicky tho.

I bet overhauling the animation would potentially lead to breaking the "features" that the BW pros have found out over the years. Mutalisk stacking,etc. Those thing always seemed like unintended consequences of janky systems to me. Blizzard got lucky that they somehow balanced out.

Anyways I think it's fine. There are lot of people who still like that game and would love to see it on modern systems and resolutions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how does it work if Valve trademarked steam? Or did they not trade mark it?

Trademarks cover specific use cases. Valve trademarking "Steam" doesn't mean it has legal claim to the word in all business contexts, just those declared upon registration.

Alright. Any other way to get that restriction off or I really have to buy some game from her through steam?

It needs to be a $5 Steam Store purchase. This also includes a $5 Steam Wallet top-up (not to be confused with the redemption of a $5 code).

Ludens

Banned
Alright. Any other way to get that restriction off or I really have to buy some game from her through steam?

You don't need to buy games for her, you just need to spend 10€ with her account, you can even gift a game to yourself by using her account, and the restriction will lift.

Nillansan

So I'm wondering, for any recommendations. Quadrilateral Cowboy, Rainworld, or The Surge...if I had to pick one?

Quadrilateral Cowboy made it on to the fourth spot on my GOTY list. It's pretty damn good. Here's what I thought.

+ The free-form nature of the heists and the absolutely endearing retro cyber punk aesthetics makes for one of the most engaging puzzle games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Manipulating objects using your deck's terminal and command lining your way through each mission is unlike anything I've tried before. Quadrilateral is a short, albeit a neatly paced package well worth the asking price. I would love to see the deck mechanic worked into a non-lethal, stealth focused game that is similar to the Hitman games in terms of scale.

- The Caser Phases has a tendency to glitch out, I would often get stuck in the geometry. Sometimes the deck would glitch out as well causing it to auto execute commands when navigating through the command history. The levels involving extracting safes using launch pads were heavily dependent on physics and were reduced to frustrating practices in trial and error as it was difficult to gauge the trajectory of the safes. I still haven't figured out how the leaderboard stuff works, some of my times are recorded others aren't.

Perhaps it's because there's animated cutscenes now and they want to make them look consistent?

That doesn't look like a redraw, more like someone just threw the original through a shitty upscale filter, losing all detail in the process.
Naw, it's not like they lost the original hi-res artwork and some of these new portraits even have different expressions.

Nillansan

I've started playing Way of the Samurai 3. I died during a vegetable cutting job as the lady started throwing small stone statues at me instead of vegetables...

Sch1sm

A Bird's Story's ending hit me right in the feels T_T
Such a lovely light story.

I preferred that one way more than To The Moon. Replayed it at a point, both of them, 'cause I figured maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Maybe it's just the involvement of an animal, 'cause I really didn't care about that sick guy's dream of going to the moon. Kept holding out that bird would stay. Poor kid.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-0BB4FF1D71804531 - Taken by NeoRaider

PantsuJo

Man, finally I bought "Verdict Guilty" for 0.79€ and it's "so-bad, so-good", just like some type of broken doujin-mess LOL
(or the korean equivalent of doujin, I don't know the correct name)

Awesome.

I've started playing Way of the Samurai 3. I died during a vegetable cutting job as the lady started throwing small stone statues at me instead of vegetables...
LOOL Another "gem", I just finished the game few weeks ago, with the "True Ending".

Good game, I think, even with its bugs and nonsensical choices.

Regginator

I threw a quick look on my Steam profile and apparently I haven't been logged on to Steam in two weeks. Damn you, Zelda! But I've beaten it today, 105 hours on the clock. What a game, my GOTG so far.

Anyway, I'm all yours again, Gabe.

Nillansan

LOOL Another "gem", I just finished the game few weeks ago, with the "True Ending". Good game, I think, even with its bugs and nonsensical choices.

It's quite unlike anything I've ever played before, the only thing that comes somewhat close is Deadly Premonition. I was sent on a quest to retrieve some old ladies' under garments and I failed the mission as a bird stole it from me the moment I actually managed to find the damn panties.

Ludens

Banned
Since it's on sale, I'll spend some words for Mad Father.
I bought it but I didn't think it was so good: I didn't like Corpse Party too much (essentially, too many dialogues and little gameplay, with obscure stuff to figure out in order to get the best ending and way too much backtracking in my opinion), and I thought Mad Father was something like that.
I was wrong.
If you can pass on the art (I didn't like it so much, I also think it's misleading in some ways), the core is pretty good. The gameplay is pretty much similar to what To the Moon offered, only...faster. There are less dialogues, more puzzles, even little side-quests you can complete in and there, usually rewarding you with an achievement and/or a gem (if you collect them all, you can unlock a secret epilogue I think).
The game is easy to follow and figure out, very linear and with a minimal amount of backtracking. Puzzles are never frustrating, and the introduction of QTE is a nice addition to propose something different between exploration and puzzle solving.

I really suggest you to buy the game, it's very cheap right now, it's not too long or short (let's say around 4 hours to 100% it) and for sure it's entertaining.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Toukiden 2 is 25% off on GMG (was 23% before) and the 5% voucher still works, so it drops it to 42.74 (44.99 with no voucher)

Uzzy

Finished Nier Automata. Ending E is a thing of absolute beauty,
the messages and the moment the chorus came in just broke me. I hadn't planned on deleting my data, as I've a bunch of other endings and achievements to go for, but after that I just couldn't, had to help someone else.

Thinking of giving MvC3 another chance (I gave it a chance in 2012 on the PS3 with UMvC3 and didn't like it but, also feel I didn't give it enough of a chance.) and thinking of getting it on PC. Already know how the netcode preforms and how it runs but, just kinda concerned about the community for random games since I don't know too many people that own, err well will play it.

Nabs

Finished Nier Automata. Ending E is a thing of absolute beauty,
the messages and the moment the chorus came in just broke me. I hadn't planned on deleting my data, as I've a bunch of other endings and achievements to go for, but after that I just couldn't, had to help someone else.

I just did the same, but I quickly had a change of heart and
ran to google to find where the save was located. Woops

Shoutouts to modders for coming through in the clutch. The cutscene/framerate fix would have been nice for the first playthrough, but it was nice to end the game out without it feeling like 15fps.

Jawmuncher

Thinking of giving MvC3 another chance (I gave it a chance in 2012 on the PS3 with UMvC3 and didn't like it but, also feel I didn't give it enough of a chance.) and thinking of getting it on PC. Already know how the netcode preforms and how it runs but, just kinda concerned about the community for random games since I don't know too many people that own, err well will play it.

It's sold 30K+ so far which is pretty good all things considered. So I'd think the community should stay at least decent. Especially when sales hit.

Wok

King's Quest is the Nier Automata of point-&-click adventure games. Episode 1, which is free, was really innovative. I will get the full collection once it is on sale again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom