• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

I haven't really paid to attention to all the dlc Shovel Knight got. So they're all expansions, but are those all 'remixes' of the base game with different playable characters, or are there actually new areas? I have the base game on WiiU but I was thinking about doubledipping and getting that treasure trove version that has everything.

shouldn't you have the full version if you bought it on the wii u? meaning all the expansions and stuff? they're free for people who bought it early

Ozium

snake pass out, 19.99
no launch discount, even though it was 20% off on psn

fuck this shit will buy when 5 dollars or in a bundle

Anteater

yay finished route B in Nier, starting C! I sorta like the
costume you get
at the beginning in C

rcnfs4d.jpg

Pixieking

Banned
Idle Master interferes with VAC's anti-cheat detection but it's not actually considered a cheat. Theoretical possibility of that changing aside, there's nothing to worry about as it'll only be a problem if you try to play a VAC-protected game.

Cheers... Don't have enough data this month to download Chivalry, but I do want to try it out, so I'm debating between idling for cards now, or leaving it til the new month and grabbing cards whilst I play. :D

Vazduh

Cheers... Don't have enough data this month to download Chivalry, but I do want to try it out, so I'm debating between idling for cards now, or leaving it til the new month and grabbing cards whilst I play. :D

If you can live without those 2 cents per card (post steam tax), you better wait 'till next month.

Nzyme32

That gave it a pretty big boost on OC.

kakqxhI.PNG

HK = NA. 😄

Also, filtering PC games makes The Night in the Woods show up:

Neat.

I wonder if a mod will censor the review for asserting the possibility of it being the best metroidvania / one of their favourite games of all time... ;)

Nzyme32

I made a thread about Hollow Knight with the title "Super Metroid has been surpassed by Hollow Knight". I explained my opinion in the OP as clearly as I could and it is pretty much the first time I felt it necessary to ever make such a discussion about a game that I felt throughly improved upon something that hasn't been in years & one of my favourite games of all time for such a long time.

A mod edited the title to "[redacted] Hollow Knight", which seems super petty in the face of so many other threads.

Corpekata

Banned
I made a thread about Hollow Knight with the title "Super Metroid has been surpassed by Hollow Knight". I explained my opinion in the OP as clearly as I could and it is pretty much the first time I felt it necessary to ever make such a discussion about a game that I felt throughly improved upon something that hasn't been in years & one of my favourite games of all time for such a long time.

A mod edited the title to "[redacted] Hollow Knight", which seems super petty in the face of so many other threads.

I mean, it super derailed the thread and filled it with a bunch of Nintendo fans that haven't touched the game whining about it. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just close the thread.

I don't think it was meant to reflect a mod disagreeing with what you said as much as recognizing the thread was being filled with garbage with it in the title.

Tizoc

Eh Ninty GAF are feeling more sensitive and insecure than ever IMO.

Which reminds me; I've been pesemestic about the Switch for some time now, but should Ninty release a model that accepts 3DS carts and NDS carts, I'd change my tune, as that would be the one way for me to ever get a switch if it allowed me to play my 3DS game collection.

data

snake pass is shit

i understand how you feel, I feel like just refunding Rain World because you couldn't play at midnight in Europe and have to wait for the US to get it first while on PS4 you can do that. Even though I don't know if it's the dev's fault or Steam's, it really annoys me and makes me dislike the game already.

Nzyme32

I mean, it super derailed the thread and filled it with a bunch of Nintendo fans that haven't touched the game whining about it. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just close the thread.

I don't think it was meant to reflect a mod disagreeing with what you said as much as recognizing the thread was being filled with garbage with it in the title.

Perhaps. I thought it was thoroughly worth discussing, and seemingly many others did. Even with a different title, the opinion and discussion would remain the same with the same platform/franchise dwellers that can't handle an opinion that isn't there own, as is typical with almost anything.

Ehm, how come?

Who knows. I just assume it's another person that can't even accept the possibility of such an opinion. Amusingly, censoring the title probably got more people engaged in conversing, so it's all good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i understand how you feel, I feel like just refunding Rain World because you couldn't play at midnight in Europe and have to wait for the US to get it first while on PS4 you can do that. Even though I don't know if it's the dev's fault or Steam's, it really annoys me and makes me dislike the game already.

Release state changes aren't automatic on Steam, so midnight releases and the like are decidedly rare as it's the developer/publisher that has to flick the switch. If Valve offered the option of having a game automatically unlock at the nominated time, release date parity would be far more common.

RealMeat

Banned
Just finished for the first time. Guess I've got the worst ending.
Junpei was stabbed and fallen into the water.
disappointed.gif

I'm gonna try another route.

999 really needs to be played until you get the true ending. I can't see the story being satisfying otherwise.
Also, I think you need to see all several of the bad endings to get to the true ending.

Tonton

You cant spoiler pics on mobile.-__-
Can you guys please keep the Nier spoilers for the Nier thread ?
Disable pics on mobile and you should be safe

There was a thread in GD where Hollow Knight was compared to Super Metroid or being better than it. Thread title was like that IIRC.
A day later, the thread title was changed/altered removing the Super Metroid mention.
EDIT: This one
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355434
Oh, so that's what it was, how weird

Nzyme32

Eh Ninty GAF are feeling more sensitive and insecure than ever IMO.

I never understand those kind of folks that are so platform-centric. The game is going to be on the platform anyway, which should be a great thing rather than some sort of threat. If anything I would absolutely love to see Metroid games come out taking influence from Hollow Knight and going further in their own way. I would have thought that's what everyone wants..

Which reminds me; I've been pesemestic about the Switch for some time now, but should Ninty release a model that accepts 3DS carts and NDS carts, I'd change my tune, as that would be the one way for me to ever get a switch if it allowed me to play my 3DS game collection.

As always with Nintnedo, the problem is Nintendo and their policies. If digital pricing was better, and there was some form of confidence in respecting perpetuity and support, with good pricing and feature sets along with policy - I would be all in. Sadly it seems Nintendo won't head in such a direction. Carts are all well and good as far as physical goes. People always talk about the benefit of second-hand market, and that's definitely true. However, I would be happier to get a cart that could be identified digitally as mine and gave me a digital copy. Thinking about it, since Steam and iTunes, I've become much much more digitally minded over physical only. I'm only keen on physical when digital is part of the package when concerning gaming / movies / music etc.

Super Metroid is still the only metroid game I've finished, I have Prime on GC but still haven't started it...

Prime 1 is a delight. It's a great 3D take on Metroid. I do wonder if it has aged as well. Been quite a long time since I played it last

Nzyme32

not going to suport devs that value certain fanbases more than others.

they don't need my money

also your math needs work

Fairly sure Sony paid for that/ is eating part of the discount.

then they don't need my money, they have sony's

#Istandwithozium

Concur - if it is true. Even if it isn't the price is still an issue to me, so I'll wait for it to be more reasonable. When there are so many games to purchase, issues like this for a game I am interested in but not overwhelmingly so, makes the choices easy

gelf

Considering the hot take thread titles that are left alone that thread being altered did stand out to me. I assume some posts got removed by the time I got to it though as I didn't see as much whining about the title as I expected.

Nzyme32

Something tells me I should get Hollow Knight.

If you like Metroidvania mixed with a bit of dark souls, lots of characters, lore, tight mechanics, little in the way of explanation to begin with but exploration and discovery continuously moving you forward, a rather large game compared to most metroidvanias, and a mysterious sombre atmosphere - you will most likely love this

li3nFUu.gif

oni-link

Really? Every one of them? I should check the WiiU store then.

The game should just download a patch and update when when you turn it on

That should let you pick a campaign to play when you start a new file

That's how it worked for me on Wii U with the first expansion anyway

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm not really feeling the Capcom Disney release. But maybe I'm spoiled by the older Disney games being actually remade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom