• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I'll teach capcom to fuck with me. (Bought the game through steam, so my review counts)

xcvx7dr6q.png

I approve.
Should've asked for Power Stone tho.

Coreda

Just remembered a dream where I noticed MGS3 remastered playing on a Saudi prince's large screen CRT on the second floor of a decaying, open structure in the middle of nowhere. Looked even better than MGSV. Was there to buy a Blackberry from him.

Burt

I know before I ask that this is at least a bottom five stupidest question in this thread

but does anyone know any good RPG Maker RPGS?

Not like, good RPG Maker games like To the Moon, but actual RPGs.

Echoplx

I think Microsoft forget their PC users have no use for Xbox Live gold. The expansion for Forza horizon is half price for gold users but why would I have gold in the first place on PC?

Any way to get a free trial?

Saved the Universe again. Everyone survived the suicide mission. Again. I think this is 3rd playthrough of ME2. Getting ready to finally play 3.

Need another 3300 Bioware points for all the ME3 story DLC. That is like $45. Fucking EA.

Alex_CWB

Just wrapped up the true ending in 999-- wow, it was one of those games I had been meaning to finish for years but it just always sat in the backlog. The Steam version added a flow chart which was appreciated and the new voice acting is well done, nobody sounded out of character in my mind.

On to VLR this weekend!
Just finished for the first time. Guess I've got the worst ending.
Junpei was stabbed and fallen into the water.
disappointed.gif

I'm gonna try another route.

Eila

Blade Arcus from Shining is a fun fighter. Love how it looks with the pre-rendered sprites and the 3 button layout works for me.
Wish Code of Princess looked like that, but I guess they didn't keep the original renders.
But it has 5 people playing so if it's for the online I would skip. Seems like all animu fighters but GG have dead online on steam.

PantsuJo

Blade Arcus from Shining is a fun fighter. Love how it looks with the pre-rendered sprites and the 3 button layout works for me.
Wish Code of Princess looked like that, but I guess they didn't keep the original renders.
But it has 5 people playing so if it's for the online I would skip. Seems like all animu fighters but GG have dead online on steam.
I would like to buy too, it seems a cool fighter.
Aside from online, what are the solo modes?
Story and/or arcade?

Eila

I would like to buy too, it seems a cool fighter.
Aside from online, what are the solo modes?
Story and/or arcade?
Just story, versus and training.
It's got 16 characters, which is a good amount I'd say. The fonts are dreadful for some reason.
You can also get an extra discount on the game if you own the other games from Studio Saizensen (Umihara Kawase trilogy, Code of Princess). Got CoP OST + Blade Arcus for a good price.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah I thought SE had their own launcher or something, since they have their own store.

Squeenix does have its own launcher, but the only game to use it in lieu of Steam is the FF7 re-release and even that was temporary (the Steam release came 11 months later, at which point the game was removed from the store).

Pachimari

So I got Rain World today, will probably get Snake Pass tomorrow. Is Night in the Woods out yet?

And what is Hollow Knight like? Is it like 2D Dark Souls or what game does it remind of the most?

Huh, so with that Rain World talk earlier, I didn't realise that Rain World's enemies weren't procedurally generated per-screen, but rather they exist as entities throughout the entire world. So they rove about as their AI tells them to, which is how some folks can fall into unwinnable situations.

One of the devs (in RPS review's comments) said this about it:
JamesPrimate said:
Re: Would you consider patching in some kind of easy mode that limits the spawn rates of predators?

The creatures in the world dont spawn per se, they exist perpetually moving around the world even when off screen, eating things, getting into fights, etc., but there are certainly things we can do to smooth some aspects of the difficulty curve. An issue is that since the whole point is that this world is filled with these unpredictable AI creature ecosystem, if we limit them too much then it defeats the whole purpose and becomes just some random run and jump platformer! But that said, I think there is some easy low hanging fruit we can tweak to smooth the experience a little.

It actually kinda... makes me want to give it a lot of slack. Sounds really fascinating. Also potentially frustrating, but man is it a cool idea.

Wok

So I got Rain World today, will probably get Snake Pass tomorrow. Is Night in the Woods out yet?

And what is Hollow Knight like? Is it like 2D Dark Souls or what game does it remind of the most?

Have you just woken up from a cryogenatic chamber?

Welcome in 2017.

Night in the Woods is out and is the best candidate for PC GOTY so far.

Pachimari

The stuff I hear about Rain World makes it so fascinating to me. I love that kind of ambitious design even if it can end up making frustrating situations out of your control. It's really selling me on the game more than anything.

200k copies for NieR till March 31th (two weeks)??

Yes please!
It already over 200k, it's just usual steamspy update delay. Nier is still in Steam top sellers in my region, which is impressive for a singleplayer only game. It's so weird to see Nier above CS:GO and Rocket League.

Nonary games are at:

Owners: 3,864 ± 1,780

I mean I dont think it was that a good idea to launch the last game of a trilogy, before releasing the prequels. Also a bit pricey.

Arthea

Nonary games are at:

Owners: 3,864 ± 1,780

I mean I dont think it was that a good idea to launch the last game of a trilogy, before releasing the prequels. Also a bit pricey.

I don't think that's it, I think they are too expensive.
Yeah, I know, two games, but not exactly new games.

Pixieking

Banned
Chivalry's got cards, but it's also VAC protected. How does that work with Idlemaster again? Okay as long as it doesn't connect to a server?

I don't think that's it, I think they are too expensive.
Yeah, I know, two games, but not exactly new games.

Yeah. Also the bundle price seems wrong, since the Mini-Ost is listed as the same price as the game, so you dont really save much if you already have ZTD...

To me its a bit too expensiveright now, because I got VLR for 3ds for 10€ at some e-shop sale before.

There wasn't much excitement for them either. Was a pretty quiet launch.

Kinda. I still think they should have released them around the same time as ZTD. I know they "remade" them, but still...

I mean the Danganronpa series is at 200k on Steam not even one year after the release. That took the Vita/PSP for 3 games 2 years to reach 250k.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I haven't really paid to attention to all the dlc Shovel Knight got. So they're all expansions, but are those all 'remixes' of the base game with different playable characters, or are there actually new areas? I have the base game on WiiU but I was thinking about doubledipping and getting that treasure trove version that has everything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Chivalry's got cards, but it's also VAC protected. How does that work with Idlemaster again? Okay as long as it doesn't connect to a server?

Idle Master interferes with VAC's anti-cheat detection but it's not actually considered a cheat. Theoretical possibility of that changing aside, there's nothing to worry about as it'll only be a problem if you try to play a VAC-protected game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom