• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chroma Squad -- MB-3C2D65C3955D3CD6 - Taken by fuzzy123
Legends of Eisenwald -- MB-287562D46D991116 - Taken by Shalashaska
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonca and Pizza Boy -- MB-51DE83CC8DEB2216 - Taken by TetraxShards
The Journey Down 1 Plus 2 Bundle -- MB-3B4DC71D1D5F06FA - Taken by anastef
Turmoil -- MB-F1E4D340D76028CE - Taken by data
Valhalla Hills -- MB-DB9D57ADE85EFCC3 - Taken by rostocker
Void Destroyer -- MB-53D3ACCFF4FF6AC5 - Taken by InquisitorAles
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide -- MB-D17B49426F1FCA2F - Taken by sadblob

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone elses controller getting fucked when playing Origin games whilst Steam is running? Left stick up spans the camera up etc, fine when I close steam

Amzin

I refunded Rain World and when I saw I still had it downloaded I tried going to the folder, clicked the exe and it launched. am I committing piracy? lol

note: I didn't refund it so I could do this, am going to uninstall it anyways before any of you lose your shit over this. don't kill me pls

Refunds take a bit to process, and it shows up in your library until it's finished. You can theoretically exclude yourself from refund availability by playing it too long after submitting a refund if Steam is tracking your time.

data

Refunds take a bit to process, and it shows up in your library until it's finished. You can theoretically exclude yourself from refund availability by playing it too long after submitting a refund if Steam is tracking your time.

Nah, I already got my money back. It said "Purchase" when I viewed it on my library which is why I wanted to try it out. Seems like a big oversight with DRM-Free games on Steam

Platy

Weird ... the giveaway extension is not working on this page, but it is working perfectly last page.

And yes, I am on 50 posts per page

On a related news, go grab Father_Brain's Chroma Squad .. that game is awesome

Finally started playing that Hollow Knight I won a few weeks back.

Two hours in, this is great. Really great. If it keeps up it's definitely going to be on my GOTY list. The atmosphere, the music, the crunchy and satisfying combat, and most of all the sense of exploration, so good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eat more fruit to stay healthy -- MB-FFD755457E8377E5 - Taken by Danielsan. 5 entrants total.
Epilepsy-inducer -- MB-27EA50767B3E5B5A - Taken by NeoRaider. 1 entrants total.
For pig lovers -- MB-A48DD3274097515B - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
For sheep lovers -- MB-85676635A6D15120 - Taken by tt7n4. 4 entrants total.
I am open to you -- MB-37CDDC8915512FFD - Taken by Tall4Life. 3 entrants total.
I trust you -- MB-E0E3F58F28C4FEB8 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.
There is a gap between us -- MB-8EA2D2D41E96E0C7 - Taken by fifasnipe2224 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
This is what you get when you have a high-paying job -- MB-0DD2F410D1662D4F - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.

t1490729459z1.png

Wok

Weird ... the giveaway extension is not working on this page, but it is working perfectly last page.

And yes, I am on 50 posts per page

On a related news, go grab Father_Brain's Chroma Squad .. that game is awesome

It only works with Modbot messages. Modbot 2 or people writing their own giveaways are not supported by the Greasemonkey script.

Vuze

Already owned the mystery gift, quote to see key for Guardian of Victoria
Also some seemingly unclaimed stuff from some time ago

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vuze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook Serve Delicious -- MB-6A4691138CDD7B5B - Taken by Platy. 3 entrants total.
Head Shot -- MB-94EC90AC1176AA7F - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
The Walking Dead Season 1 -- MB-87C9A22CEB57CF70 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.

xist

Anyone elses controller getting fucked when playing Origin games whilst Steam is running? Left stick up spans the camera up etc, fine when I close steam

I'm idling with Steam open whilst playing Mass Effect 2 via Origin and my DS3 works fine...

Kudo

Got to the third and probably last boss of the DS3 DLC, tho taking a break for now.

Overall the DLC is 10000x better than the other DS3 garbage tier one, tho it still doesn't quite capture all the stuff i like about the franchise. But maybe i'm also just too used to it now.

Anywho, definitely worth a buy, even if you've been disappointed by the last one.

I feel like the new DLC
relied too heavy on enemies with infinite range constantly targeting you. (Angels, Judicators and Turtle Priests)
Never quite got that feel of exploring you get with the full games, as these areas go after you so aggressive.
Bosses were mostly good and it's definitely lot better experience than Ashes of Ariandel, even as veteran it gave me quite a challenge.

ZzzZombi

Neo Member
They have unbanned people before.

I'd say chances are that you might get unbanned if its only reShade you had on, and you get a good support member on the case. Afaik they have unbanned people that have had CheatEngine on in some cases so they can see what triggered the VAC.

I hope it works out for me then. But I have a feeling this is just gonna get buried and that'll be it. I don't know how VAC actually works but it sounds like it's not very flexible in terms of detecting what actually is being tempered with. Oh well. Sucks for me, I guess.

madjoki

It only works with Modbot messages. Modbot 2 or people writing their own giveaways are not supported by the Greasemonkey script.

I guess you could replace

Code:
modBotSelfPosts = $("a[href='member.php?u=253996']")

with

Code:
modBotSelfPosts = $("a[href='member.php?u=253996'], a[href='member.php?u=292861']")

I guess you could allow all posts too and then it would work everywhere. I find it very unlikely that there'd be too many false positives.

Amzin

Nah, I already got my money back. It said "Purchase" when I viewed it on my library which is why I wanted to try it out. Seems like a big oversight with DRM-Free games on Steam

I've refunded a few things and they don't even show up in my library at all once I get the money back, even if it was installed, it just vanishes from my list suddenly. I don't remember what each of them were but some were surely DRM free since I mostly refunded things I bought and then a bundle popped up the next day or something like that.

I suspect Steam hiccupped and just didn't process everything correctly/right away.

Pachimari

I'm sitting here in BPM with my Dual Shock 4 and has started up Rain World. Unfortunately I can't seem to navigate anything as the button presses aren't registered. I went into controller configuration and chose the recommended "Gamepad with camera controls" and applied it. I also went to controller options and the "use steam configuration for non-steam controllers" is already applied.

Hmm..

hbd mono

how is playerunknown's battlegrounds?
Beta turned me off a bit unfortunately. I like this genre though but it seemed very much unoptimized. They might have taken care of that somewhat with the latest update though.

Hektor

I feel like the new DLC
relied too heavy on enemies with infinite range constantly targeting you. (Angels, Judicators and Turtle Priests)
Never quite got that feel of exploring you get with the full games, as these areas go after you so aggressive.
Bosses were mostly good and it's definitely lot better experience than Ashes of Ariandel, even as veteran it gave me quite a challenge.

I feel like the first and third boss have a bit more HP than they should've. Even with heavy attacks of a big sword you can cut away at them for quite some time.

I definitely agree with you on the ranged enemy spam, at least in the first area. Felt like i had to speedrun that part.

The ones in the second area i found a lot more bearable because it was only a short segment.

I refunded Rain World and when I saw I still had it downloaded I tried going to the folder, clicked the exe and it launched. am I committing piracy? lol

note: I didn't refund it so I could do this, am going to uninstall it anyways before any of you lose your shit over this. don't kill me pls
Nahh you won, dont uninstall it. Thats their fault, not yours.

Pachimari

I hate Big Picture Mode sometimes cause I don't have a keyboard available at my tv. And just like now it won't load the user interface or a game will be running in the background that I can't get access to or close down. And then I'm force to restart Steam every time. Feels extremely clunky.

I'm losing my shit over this, die.

Parsnip

Anyone to resolve it? I have it setup as an Xbox 360 layout
Not sure.
Do you use it? The desktop profile that is. If you don't, I guess you could probably null all the mappings and save it as your own custom config.

Maybe there's a better way, but I don't know it.

Kudo

I feel like the first and third boss have a bit more HP than they should've. Even with heavy attacks of a big sword you can cut away at them for quite some time.

I definitely agree with you on the ranged enemy spam, at least in the first area. Felt like i had to speedrun that part.

The ones in the second area i found a lot more bearable because it was only a short segment.

They're definitely kind of "endurance" bosses,
takes lot of time to take them down even if you have good gear and know the patterns to chip away at their massive health pool.
Also this is a boss spoiler for you I'd guess
but there's a optional fourth boss that has even more hp and has some one-shot kill attacks, not cool fight, takes 10 minutes and if you do a mistake you're done.

Is it as bad as that section near the end of Dark Souls 2 with the water and mages casting spells from across the map? Maddening.

Even pre-nerf Shrine of Amana have nothing on the
first part, second part is lot more manageable as Hektor said and they can be also pretty easily skipped if you don't want to loot them.

Purkake4

Banned
there's a demo linked on the greenlight page for it.. i beat it in 30 minutes, and most people on steam say the game itself is 50-60 minutes..

it was fun, but not going to buy it for so little gametime.. will wait for bundle
Hmm, that's not very encouraging. I guess I'll try the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom