• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

That GOTY is about $5 north of my impulse buy territory, but with a firm grasp on how much content is in there, that's just fine.

Can anyone comment on how W3 plays with mouse/keyboard?

I thought it was way better with m/kb than a controller. Played through the second hardest difficulty and am halfway through again on the hardest.

madjoki

Wouldn't it be too heavy for the browser if every post were to be parsed?

Not at all, in fact it might lead to not needing to do any DOM traversal it's faster

Single regex over body

Firefox: 3-4 ms (100 post per page)
Firefox: 2-3 ms
Chrome: 1-2 ms

Individually:

Firefox: 6-7 ms (100 post per page)
Firefox: 5-6 ms
Chrome: 2-3 ms

It only works with Modbot messages. Modbot 2 or people writing their own giveaways are not supported by the Greasemonkey script.

I guess you could replace

Code:
modBotSelfPosts = $("a[href='member.php?u=253996']")

with

Code:
modBotSelfPosts = $("a[href='member.php?u=253996'], a[href='member.php?u=292861']")

I guess you could allow all posts too and then it would work everywhere. I find it very unlikely that there'd be too many false positives.

PRs welcome for either approach :) https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

Knurek

So, Durante, 2017 is the year we got a good Atelier game on Steam, Nier Automata got released on PC (almost) day one and both Planescape and Numenera will be/are on Steam.
Anything else up on your wishlist?

Pakkidis

No matter how many times its Tuesday Maintenance, I'm still disappointed when I want to play and can't :( Its usually down for no more than 20 minutes for me.

Even pre-nerf Shrine of Amana have nothing on the
first part, second part is lot more manageable as Hektor said and they can be also pretty easily skipped if you don't want to loot them.

Do you know the omaha beach scene from saving private ryan?
Well there goes my desire to play the dlc any time soon, Dark Souls 3 already had a lot of annoying instakill bullshit and lack of creativity as is.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hard to believe Hyper Light Drifter has been out for a year already!

I have such a backlog, I'll never play it -and great games are coming out all the time!

Lain

SE was pretty quick to refund the spring box, paypal already received the money and is crediting it back to my card.

Hard to believe Hyper Light Drifter has been out for a year already!

I have such a backlog, I'll never play it -and great games are coming out all the time!

I just recently played this, then beat NG+, then did the three boss rush modes.

You should play it. It's like Link to the Past with Axiom Verge-like secrets and good combat.

I beat the game, and learning after the fact about the developer's life put the story in a different light for me.

You should just play it, and beeline through it if you're short on time.

data

I just recently played this, then beat NG+, then did the three boss rush modes.

You should play it. It's like Link to the Past with Axiom Verge-like secrets and good combat.

I beat the game, and learning after the fact about the developer's life put the story in a different light for me.

You should just play it, and beeline through it if you're short on time.

How much playtime did you get out of the game?

My hour count is always a few higher than reality because I leave games on for long periods of time, but:

~40 hours so far. About 25 my first playthrough trying to get most everything without a guide. I would look at How Long to Beat for a better breakdown though.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I just 100% Hollow Knight
now I just have to beat the boss
. 142/145 on the bestiary (what the hell have I missed?!), but I don't think I'll bother getting that
(maybe...)

The third part of the Colosseum kicked my butt for like two days, lol.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mystery game i already had. The game is great.

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Bridge -- MB-8EA2D2D41E96E0C7 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

zkylon

zkylewd
ok so did ending d and e, so i think i'm actually done with the game aside from the million endings ?

i actually considered
accepting the save game delete thing since it felt kinda wrong to say no, but i wanted to keep playing so ended up not erasing my save so i could get some of the other endings

there's still some stuff i want to try out and hopefully not have to use a guide for the remaining endings, tho i probably will if i find myself super stuck

hard to wrap my head around this game, i feel like most of my issues with it would be fixed if 2b actually felt like a well developed character, but idk, she seems to only get depth whenever she's off screen so who knows, maybe there's more to her yet

i might actually do a full run of the game again now that i have full context, that sounds like a decent idea, even tho i think a lot of stuff will be left unexplained for maybe not the best of reasons

will see, this game is understandably putting me through emotions

lmao i love
popola and devola
in Nier

they're alright

emil
is the best tho

best best best

v0rtikal

I received a Uplay code with my new Nvidia 1060 GTX card, you can either choose Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands or FOR HONOR during the process.

As I'd probably not play any of them I'm willing to trade a Steam key for it. You can see my wishlist here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gnarrek/wishlist

If this is not the right place, please point me in the right direction or just pm me if interested.

Sarcasm

I received a Uplay code with my new Nvidia 1060 GTX card, you can either choose Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands or FOR HONOR during the process.

As I'd probably not play any of them I'm willing to trade a Steam key for it. You can see my wishlist here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gnarrek/wishlist

If this is not the right place, please point me in the right direction or just pm me if interested.

Only other people who have the same card can redeem it and as they got a code too...

Yea they changed how it works now.

rrvv

monkey_1141.png

Quick Gaf, I need picture like this but with "only buy when is bundled" or something similar

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game -- MB-8EF07441466615AD - Taken by texhnolyze
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-77989DA0D7B43175 - Taken by anastef - Taken by Powerpuff
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-B8E8BE27212138B9 - Taken by pantsattack
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-0D669DEFFA23AE20 - Taken by Danielsan
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-399BA64BE59BAFC2 - Taken by gngf123
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-B6CA0674081143FA - Taken by ctw0e
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-1C4DE72EB57B22D0 - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-E27ACE4A656A87A1 - Taken by Eila
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-868F5EC7EB2FEB89 - Taken by fuzzy123
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-3C9FA73D0F3FE2FA - Taken by laserlaser
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-4042E22DF67F5B28 - Taken by Village