• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Tfw Nier makes more money than all Final Fantasy ports

Yeah well hopefully developers start realizing there is alot of money for decent ports of new releases. I guess there are definitely some that are starting to realize (destiny 2 pc hell yeah) but some are still far behind.

EDIT: And please for the love of god, no denuvo.

I want to buy Andromeda but the writing complaints hurt the most, is there anything redeeming in that respect?

Not really. There is only one moment I can remember laughing when
Ryder and Jaal were trying to shake hands.
I did laugh a few other times but I suspect I wasn't meant to in those instances. The main antag. is boring as and his only redeeming feature is that he could be used as a basketball hoop if the need arises.

I kind of see where they were going with the story, exploration, but it quickly became space Jesus ShepardRyder saves the day.

The characters are boring beyond Jaal, PB when she is less annoying and Drack even if he is just a Krogan. They sucked all the joy out of planet scanning and the lighting is shockingly bad.

The combat is fun but encounter design is poor. After a while you become so powerful it gets in the way.

I mentioned in another thread, it really is DA:I in space. It never reaches the highs of DA:I but also never really plunges to the depths of DA:I, thoroughly mediocre.

Anyway, Battle Brothers! Has anyone played it, looks great but I'm not sure how it works. Is there an overarching story and levels are procedurely generated like XCOM or is it more of a survive as long as you can and take over the world like a Civ game?

Eila

https://www.twitch.tv/degigames
Studio Saizensen CEO on Degica stream.
Not sure what to ask of him though. Looking at their catalog they pretty much ported all they could.
Edit: Seems like they are working on something (new?) and it's going to get formally announced in the summer.

someone had rec. noscript for safe browsing. Great app but i wanna uninstall it cuz it's annoying to have to give/block permission all the time.

Parsnip

Seeing the Persona 5 GB quicklook made it really difficult to not own a Sony system right now.

Well, technically I own a PS3, but the controller is busted.
It would certainly be cheaper to buy a new controller and the game, but it would feel so wasteful to buy new shit for old platforms.
And I don't imagine the PS3 emu is going to be up to par any time soon when it comes to Persona.

Damn it Atlus.

Seeing the Persona 5 GB quicklook made it really difficult to not own a Sony system right now.

It would certainly be cheaper to buy a new controller and the game, but it would feel so wasteful to buy new shit for old platforms.
And I don't imagine the PS3 emu is going to be up to par any time soon when it comes to Persona.

Damn it Atlus.

giphy.gif

zkylon

zkylewd

Damn it Atlus.
it's gonna really suck a year from now when we all got ps4s for persona and atlus finally decides to port it

and it won't happen unless we all buy ps4s like hopeless fools

inky

Damn it Atlus.

It really looked like fun. And this is coming from someone who is allergic to anime. Like, if I see an anime character adjusting their glasses I would probably go into anaphylactic shock.

TBF, most of the fun came from watching Jeff and Vinny play it and not exactly because it looked fun to play for me, but it's so stylish and does its thing pretty damn well that I'm sure you can't go wrong. What an age of games we live in. There's practically something great for everyone atm.
Except for Mass Effect fans :(

Parsnip

I don't watch anime either but Persona is a special case.
It's like one menu of that game has more style than all the other games this year combined.

it's gonna really suck a year from now when we all got ps4s for persona and atlus finally decides to port it

and it won't happen unless we all buy ps4s like hopeless fools
Yup.

It really looked like fun. And this is coming from someone who is allergic to anime. Like, if I see an anime character adjusting their glasses I would probably go into anaphylactic shock.
Sounds like you need to get some glasses for your anime avatar.
image.php

Anyone here play on a 4k TV?
Anyone here connect their PC (and maybe a console) with a 4K TV?

What if I want to play at lower resolutions, like 1440p?

Will the TV adjust the native resolution accordingly?

I'm picking up a LG 43UF670T today. And I'm building a new PC with 6600k & 1060 combo next month. I doubt the setup will be able to play everything at 4K, so I'm not sure if I should get a 4K TV or not.

Ghazi

Dark Souls 3 keeps telling me that I "lack the license to play this DLC" and kicking me to the main menu. Game files are entirely untouched and I'm playing the main game (not Ashes or Ringed), surely I can't be the only one this is happening to and it's making the game unplayable for me.

Hopefully they patch this soon, how frustrating

Coldsun

Banned
Dark Souls 3 keeps telling me that I "lack the license to play this DLC" and kicking me to the main menu. Game files are entirely untouched and I'm playing the main game (not Ashes or Ringed), surely I can't be the only one this is happening to and it's making the game unplayable for me.

Hopefully they patch this soon, how frustrating

Happened a few times to me as well.

Kudo

Anyone here play on a 4k TV?

Not sure what you mean, you cannot adjust native resolution of the panel, it's 4K and anything less will be upscaled to it.
I've used my PC, Pro and Switch with it and all look beautiful on it, even when it's upscaling from lower resolutions. I have lower end Samsung 4K TV.

Damn it Atlus.

See no reason why you should fight the urge, you can get PS4 Slim with good deals, access to all exclusives, and then use Dualshock 4 with your PC too thanks to Steam support.
J3pkIaJ.jpg

tuxfool

Banned
I can't think of a single PS2 game that looks like this, even in high res.
I added a +

Talking about things such as blurry environment textures, text on them being barely legible. A PS3 should have been able to handle better (not to speak of the ps4).

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, just limited in some aspects.

Not sure what you mean, you cannot adjust native resolution of the panel, it's 4K and anything less will be upscaled to it.
I've used my PC, Pro and Switch with it and all look beautiful on it, even when it's upscaling from lower resolutions. I have lower end Samsung 4K TV.

So everything under 4K will be upscaled? Does it look worse than native?

Like, which will look better, native 1080p game on a 1080p TV/monitor, or upscaled 1080p game on a 4K TV?

Knurek

Like, which will look better, native 1080p game on a 1080p TV/monitor, or upscaled 1080p game on a 4K TV?

Depends on the scaler used by your TV, but rule of thumb - non-native output on a LCD screen never looks better than native res.

Depends on the scaler used by your TV, but rule of thumb - non-native output on a LCD screen never looks better than native res.

It's an LED. I see, I think I get it now. Thanks.

I guess I'll take my chance and pick it up. Replaying my favorite games and going through my backlog at 4K later would be a feast to my eyes.

My Unreal Project seems to add another gig every day for fun. By my calculations that is about 1mb for each line of code I add. It must be some logging or backup shit I have to hunt down.

Kudo

Like said, it depends on the TV and scaler, but for example Bloodborne (1080p game) looks a lot better on the 4KTV than our old 1080p Plasma, image quality has such an leap forward it's amazing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ANIMALITY -- MB-55F6996A2189177C - Taken by rainking187
Atriage -- MB-9A9B8F16BE7650FE - Taken by voodooray
Crab Dub -- MB-92ACA154414C4BC9 - Taken by redlacs
Faron's Fate -- MB-30D9FDA083A1B654 - Taken by dot
Fergus the Fly -- MB-EFDC587DDA4C6A49 - Taken by Vuze
Illumine -- MB-1B545D831768B5F9 - Taken by Kifimbo
MinosMaze: The Minotaur's Labyrinth -- MB-F8A909AB4641C7A8 - Taken by sadblob
Mouse in Lab -- MB-6AAEE777929FED0B - Taken by bobnowhere
Rebirth of Island -- MB-B48AF66E02F4F2A3 - Taken by MaxiLive
Soup: The Game -- MB-833BDA46EE08F9F3 - Taken by fuzzy123
Timore 5 -- MB-0BB1DC76D337B0AE - Taken by Eila
Timore Inferno -- MB-791F3541787B0964 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

AHA-Lambda

I'm near the end of route B, done every side quest so far. Didn't finish the collectathon you have to enter at Pascal yet because I can't yet I think. But I'm around 75% completion now. How long is route C (+D/E I guess) after that? B was already a lot faster but clearing up the new side quests also took a while, and I kinda wanna be done with it.

Love the game but it's just fetch quest after fetch quest. And not a lot of enemy variety. Which makes it kind of a chore if you already "beat" the game (done route A)

I'm in a similar position too.

On Route B now, trying to do more side quests than last time, but it's rough.

For a game so highly acclaimed (and bearing in mind this is probably still my fav of the year so far) I'm shocked at how bad these side quests are
But I best still do some cos I'm finding myself underlevelled now :/

Knurek

It's an LED. I see, I think I get it now. Thanks.

I guess I'll take my chance and pick it up. Replaying my favorite games and going through my backlog at 4K later would be a feast to my eyes.

LED is just a description of the backlight used by the screen (meaning, lower energy draw than the older technology), actual screen contents are still displayed by LCD.
(Unless you have an OLED screen, which is a completely different beast).

Arulan

Anyway, Battle Brothers! Has anyone played it, looks great but I'm not sure how it works. Is there an overarching story and levels are procedurely generated like XCOM or is it more of a survive as long as you can and take over the world like a Civ game?

There is no overarching story. There are some great random events though, with some pretty good accompanying writing that allows you to form you own stories of sorts. Much like you might in Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis. The world map is procedurally generated at the start. The maps you battle in are as well, but are based on the terrain you were on in the world map, such as a swamp or forest. I don't have any experience of the end-game yet, but I believe you'll eventually a face a world-encompassing crisis.

Check out the OT.

I'll re-post what I replied to a few pages earlier:

It's very good. It's all I played during the weekend.

Every battle I've fought so far has been interesting. Whether it's from different types of enemies, and how even equipment differences can alter your battle tactics, to taking advantage of the terrain. Terrain especially is of utmost importance. The first time I encountered Nachzehrers, and realized how fast they are, I only just managed to rush towards the hill-side and secure it before being swarmed. In another fight, that I thought was going to be an easy time helping the local militia, it turned out that not only were they incredibly under-equipped to deal with the brigands, but I had to cross through the thick sludge of a swamp to reach them. By the time I did, all but two of their numbers lay dead. And it was thanks to two dead tree trunks that gave one of my men the choke-point and time needed for the company to surround the brigands. In another battle, fearing my enemy's better position and archers, I decided to retreat to the tree-line and lure them in.

This game is incredible.

Durante

Eh..
Valve could stand to get some criticism about it.
No. They are completely in the right, and for the right reasons too.

Watch the recent Steam Team interview.

Nah, not really. Jim's approach is completely and utterly terrible. I hope Steam direct results in the store being even more open, not less.
Yes.

For a game so highly acclaimed (and bearing in mind this is probably still my fav of the year so far) I'm shocked at how bad these side quests are
I don't think they are bad, most of them are very unique thematically. That has always been really important to me.

Deques

Today it's US Square Enix surprise bundle to be revealed. The EU bundle was a disappointment. Will the US bundle also be a crap bundle? Probably yes...

kionedrik

Atari uploaded a bunch of D&D games back when it had publishing rights but only ever made NWN2 available, and Hasbro doesn't publish games on Steam.

Bastards... I guess the only way of getting them on steam is the eventual Enhanced Edition re-release by Beamdog...

Nothing at all. Just a man with his doge...

Well while Switch owners are enjoying Shovel Knight's latest DLC, other SK platform owners won't have to wait long. Specter of Torment is coming out April 5th on PC.

Thanks to lashy for spotting this.

Looks great and it seems to fix the lack of mobility that Plague of Shadows had. I finished that campaign a few days ago and I thought the jumping mechanics were infuriatingly stiff. I applaud YGC for making it possible to traverse the same levels with completely different characters with unique abilities each but they were first and foremost built for Shovel Knight, so while playing as Plague Knight there's more than a few random difficulty spikes created by some awkward platform and enemy placement.

Danielsan

Won this game in a mystery gift rafle yesterday, but I probably wouldn't ever get to it. Enjoy.

Asteroid Bounty Hunter - 6ZQ4L-IQXWI-32X4N

NeoRaider

I sold my two 2B cards for 0.80€ each. :( But i kept the other 3 cards.
Sorry 2B, i will buy you again when you become cheaper.

Deques

the new g2a bundle was supposed to go live a few minutes ago, but instead of going live the bundle page is now an error page :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom