• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
This Total War: Warhammer update is killing me, I only have 30 GB of free space and despite it seemingly just needing 300 mb, it obviously needs to rearrange the whole game or whatever, so I'm stuck with the not enough hard disk space message.

It's really high time I bought more storage space.
Just uninstall and redownload.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh theres a possible God EAter 3 announcement today? I guess, in theory, that would be day and date for PC.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-5E04D67F6BB4B2D1 - Taken by Powerpuff. 12 entrants total.

t1490889247z1.png

Ozium

wtf is going on on that yooka laylee thread, when is the game's review embargo lifted that's all i wanted to know

jim sterling said something and if jim sterling says something it is the objective truth and any questioning of jim sterling is wrong and if you do not like jim sterling then you are a bad person

Lanrutcon

jim sterling said something and if jim sterling says something it is the objective truth and any questioning of jim sterling is wrong and if you do not like jim sterling then you are a bad person

This guy (Jim) is an asshole. I can't stand him. He's one of the biggest internet trolls I've ever seen and instead of ignoring guys like him he gets so much attention. I will never understand this. never.

Uh hu. "Questioning".

Ludens

Banned
What happened to Metal Gear Survive? It should be a 2017 release, we are almost in April
and nothing except a crappy gameplay was revealed.

Corpekata

Banned
nice cherry picking.

sorry I don't fall down to my knees at every word jim sterling speaks, mate

Maybe you personally are not crazy pants, but like 90 percent of the people in that thread are.

People in there hoping he gets sued for daring break an embargo, like that's anything a well adjusted person would give a fuck about.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This Total War: Warhammer update is killing me, I only have 30 GB of free space and despite it seemingly just needing 300 mb, it obviously needs to rearrange the whole game or whatever, so I'm stuck with the not enough hard disk space message.

It's really high time I bought more storage space.
Yeah I won't download for me

Ozium

Maybe you personally are not crazy pants, but like 90 percent of the people in that thread are.

People in there hoping he gets sued for daring break an embargo, like that's anything a well adjusted person would give a fuck about.

that suing shit is dumb, but in the first few pages you have other people who have played the game saying "uhh I disagree" and they were roasted. you had links to a gamexplain video where they flat out state "xbox one is 30 fps with dips, pc is 60fps" and SEVERAL people have said they were playing without frame problems on pc.. but the overarching narrative is "yooka has bad framerate, it is a shit game, preorder cancelled, thanks jim!"

also I don't think it's crazy to refer to him as a troll, it's his entire schtick that he beats into the ground all the time. how many videos has he made whining about steam's lack of curation? he continously plays the most garbage games on steam and then uses that as evidence that he is correct, when any rational person could instantly tell games he plays are complete shit by looking at the store page.

Yes, because that's exactly what everyone who doesn't call Jim an asshole is doing.

if you say so

Corpekata

Banned
Wanted to try it, but everyone I talk to about it says Sword City is better. Are they wrong?

No. Sword City is much better (and even then not that great).

Operation Abyss is an incredibly mediocre game, and given how many other mediocre Vita DRPGs have been ported, it's not a surprise it got lost in the shuffle. The only reason to buy it really is that they actually priced it sanely, or if you're a hardcore fan that plays pretty much everything in the genre.

Parsnip

Wasn't Dirt Showdown free somewhere before it was delisted? Or was that some other Dirt game?

Its available for around 200€ for 2 months now every few days (in Germany at least).

Right now Saturn has a 1TB PS4 Slim with Uefa 2016 for 229€.

Cheapest that I can find in Finland is 239€. All I really want is Persona so 300€ (console + game) is way way way too high a price for just one game.

data

All these DRPG's on Steam always get mediocre/bad reviews. Only Sakura Dungeon got above 90%

Steam doesn't even have a tag for DRPGs. Only Dungeon Crawler which gives you all games in which you spend time in dungeons.

My 11 year old nephew is coming to visit for a week and I don't want to play Minecraft all the time.

Couch coop recommendations? I have a gaming rig and an average laptop, so my LAN options are limited.

Towerfall, Spelunky, Videoball, and Lovers In A Dangerous Space Time are games I can recommend.

duppolo

My 11 year old nephew is coming to visit for a week and I don't want to play Minecraft all the time.

Couch coop recommendations? I have a gaming rig and an average laptop, so my LAN options are limited.

humble multiplayer bundle is online now and it is good, especially move or die

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-143B606F4F3C5C98 - Taken by Sarcasm

gngf123

Wanted to try it, but everyone I talk to about it says Sword City is better. Are they wrong?

Sword City is better and also has fairly low numbers, 21k after nearly a year.

Sakura Dungeon released around the same time and sold much better because of anime tits.

Doomedfool

I really expected I would at least get a Final Fantasy game out the new bundle. Would have been nice, since I own almost none of them. At least Square was nice enough to give me an extra middle finger by including a 20% off code that can't be used on any Eastern games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Doomedfool:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Doomedfool, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT -- MB-02595CF096F484B2 - Taken by prudislav. 5 entrants total.
THE LAST REMNANT -- MB-494A338171EEF492 - Taken by oni-link. 9 entrants total.

t1490892949z1.png

Ascheroth

Much like how it is with SEGA and PC ports, SE mystery boxes follow the same guidelines of 'Expect nothing and you'll still be disappointed'.

After all, you can't write SEGA without SE.

ezodagrom

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
Owners: 1,258

Damn.
Way too early to quote numbers from Steamspy (it's better to wait around 4~7 days after release before posting steamspy numbers), though the game doesn't really look interesting from the store page pics, so I wouldn't expect much even after waiting.

Aaron D.

I think there's room for more nuance than this.

Sterling is not beyond reproach, nor is he grounds for immediate dismissal. Suggesting either is a rather simplistic outlook.

Reminds me of all those myopic, "LOL, Pachter." sentiments.

prudislav

G2A deal spares
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (prudislav, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.

Dirt Showdown -- MB-938414B337FF7CCC
Unbox -- MB-24C725D37488C13E - Taken by Ozium. 19 entrants total.

t1490894606z1.png

Vuze

So uh, did anyone who is subbed to the G2A bundle get the new one automatically or what are they doing? Says my membership is activated but neither has any money been charged nor a new bundle shown up in my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom