• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebez

So uh, did anyone who is subbed to the G2A bundle get the new one automatically or what are they doing? Says my membership is activated but neither has any money been charged nor a new bundle shown up in my account.

Same issue here.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-20E76D16154B8713 - Taken by gabbo. 12 entrants total.

t1490885671z1.png

Tizoc

I enjoyed all DS games to be honest. I just never got the flak DS3 got.

Generally when a game goes a different direction than its predecessors it gets shat on.
On tvtropes it would be known as 'They changed it, now it sucks'.
Some games can still be good in their own way moreso if one goes in with low expectations.

Corpekata

Banned
Dungeon Siege 3 is much more like the PS2 era action RPGs like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. Good in its own ways, and clearly designed around controllers.

header.jpg

This game in a nutshell:

- yeah I made it to the throne for the first time!
- hmm what do i do now? Maybe I should just hang out in the middle of the screen and see what happens.

zebez

Hello new mobile phone, goodbye Steam trades for 2 weeks.

Steam guard is great but such a restriction is terrible.

I've changed phone two times in the last six months. Never got any restriction. I just googled "steam guard new phone" and followed the steps.

I didn't know that steamgaf dislike Jim. Personally I'm mostly agree with him, and i think that Greenlight should be gone for good too. But before you burn me with fire, i'll try to explain my opinion on this topic. Firstly, I'm agree with Jim that Greenlight failed, but not because "bad games is bad and store should not be flooded with it". Jim, as most of western casual gamers, don't have any idea about real reason why all those games appearing in steam store for the first place. I'm talking about dark side of Steam - bot farms. It's understandable that many western gamers knows about card farming only from Idle Master - usually you just farming cards from your account and selling them to get few extra bucks. But there is much more hidden from public. In poor regions like ex-USSR "few bucks" is actually huge money, usually you can buy new AAA releases for around 20-30$ and it's still too pricey for a lot people. Somewhere in 2013 sites like Indiegala started to host huge giveaways with free steam keys, and those games had cards. It was relatively easy to trick the system and get more than 1 key, so some people started to think how to use those keys for profits. Some of those farmers started to reselling free keys on grey markets like G2A, and some people started creating new accounts specifically for farming cards from free keys. Before 2014 there was no restrictions for new accounts and you could create account, farm cards and immediately get cards on your main account without paying 5$ in store. It fully depended on how greedy this farmer because there was no limits, some people created 1-2 alt accounts, others created 100 or even more accounts. And soon after this programs like ASF appeared, making possible to farm thousands bot accounts simultaneously. You think that farming full day for bunch of cheap 0.05$ cards not worth it? Try to multiply this number on 100 or more, and you'll see why people from regions when even 2$ is huge money started to do this - and this is profits from just one game. There was hundreds steam keys that relatively easy to get wholesale or for free in huge batches.

What does that have to do with Greenlight? Answer lay just beneath the surface. Giveaways flood from indiegala and gleam started to drain out when devs realized that many of those free keys were resold on gray markets, damaging future steam store sales and losing profits while resellers were getting money from their games without paying a single cent. And what will you do when there is no games to farm? You'll do "games" by yourself to keep bots busy and continue money flow. Buy Greenlight pass, use greenlight upvoters service or even your own bots to be greenlit, quickly submit cards, release your "game" in store, generate thousands steam keys and then give them to bots. You don't even need to create anything playable, you can submit game that contains only 4 questions and no gameplay at all, and still get huge profits from cards selling, both as seller and as developer by fees from every card or emote sold on market. Submit 10 more "games" and you'll quickly return all price of greenlight pass and continue to get profits from cards. This scheme has long been widely known in ex-USSR region, it's not like somebody ever tried to hide this, can't say about other regions but I'm sure there is enough abusers from different regions too. There is literally hundreds 1-2$ games like this on Steam that exists only to get app id and bring more money from cards selling. A lot of those games were removed from store lately and it seems Valve started to get tired of this. Greenlight was greatly abused all those years, and it's good to see that Valve finally stepped in and tried to do something with this situation. I'm not saying that strict moderation is a good thing, but no moderation at all is utopia while steam cards exists. If people can get huge profits from releasing 5-minute asset flip, some of them will surely do this, but that doesn't mean others should ignore those "games" and praise Valve for allowing publish unplayable garbage in their store. Refunds sure exists, but they are irrelevant since those "developers" are getting profits from cards and doesn't care store sales. I cautiously optimistic about Steam Direct and hope it will change things in good way. If Valve invited Jim and other steam bloggers and curators, they should trying to implement system that will help to quickly find not just bad, but scam projects that undoubtedly shouldn't be in steam store.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
It is still coming?

"Appeal Studio and BigBen are proud to announce the first trailer of Outcast Second-Contact to be released this autumn on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One"

Buraindo

Far Cry 2 is pretty good, liking it more than 3 so far. The enemy respawn rate is annoying but I'm getting better at dealing with it. I've a bug that makes some phone calls mute which isn't great but eh, everything else works well.
The game still looks great too.

Hakkelus

Far Cry 2 is pretty good, liking it more than 3 so far. The enemy respawn rate is annoying but I'm getting better at dealing with it. I've a bug that makes some phone calls mute which isn't great but eh, everything else works well.
The game still looks great too.

The spawn rate is pretty much the only negative for me in the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
DIablo-like action rpg with Mass Effect/Obsidian-ish dialogue and story.
I enjoyed it unlike everyone else, heh.

I guess I should pop it some time.

I didn't know that steamgaf dislike Jim.

I generally ignore his shtick. What does get me are his fanboys though. Not because they are fanboys, but because they are blind to their fanboyism.

Disney and Sega's Castle of Illusion is back on Steam.

ooo renewed license eh?

I'm still not used to the sudden change of 3D in gameplay

also wasn't there that Disney Sega game that featured both Mickey and Donald?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-703FC01844123891 - Taken by Flips360. 10 entrants total.

t1490897852z1.png

iosefe

I was a fool. only game i didn't have was Dungeon Siege III.

enjoy the spoils of my blind faith!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-8C1F5A68E48E87D6 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution Elite Edition -- MB-EBBA29D7982F151E - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-C65C855FEA85BFB2 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 2 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-83D61671CE1E5DBE - Taken by Luap. 1 entrants total.

t1490887952z1.png

Lomax

I think the idea that anyone is getting "huge profits from cards" is laughable. You're talking 5-10 *cents* per game in profit for the publisher if someone makes a badge. Does anyone really think thousands of people are making badges for bundle trash games? Because they aren't.

Backlogger

Wow that SE bundle sucks

I feel like I wasted $10

Was hoping for Deus EX MD

Even Just Cause 3 would have been welcome over these old games.

Ludens

Banned
Square did the equivalent of

Send me $10 dollars, and see what happens

Pretty sure they will also give Just Cause 3 in Humble Monthly soon, if not in April directly. I mean, they are the dudes who did a bundle on their site just to introduce some games of it (can't remember which titles) in the following Humble Bundle.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
What's a better feeling: Buying a blind bundle and having it be really good or deciding against buying a blind bundle and having it be really bad?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Buying blind cos it's like winning Russian roulette with 5/6 chambers loaded.

After this week, I might've finally been able to put in time for Steam games, but I'm debating whether to just start Persona 4 on my PS2 instead.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
FYI, there is an Intel ARG going that's having trouble finding 100 people to give prizes to

http://www.sudo.city/

You need to have an IRC client and go to

IRC Server: ec2-54-224-228-99.compute-1.amazonaws.com
password: eYakuzoNet
Ports: 6667
Press OK
Select "intel"
File>Connect
And enter room #HALIXK
then pm HALIXK "!help"

Then you need to play a little game with the bot.

Will probably win either a Leathermen Multi-Tool, Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker or a Power Bank external charger for mobile device

MUnited83

For you.
What's a better feeling: Buying a blind bundle and having it be really good or deciding against buying a blind bundle and having it be really bad?
The better feeling is subscribing to a bundle ran by notorious scammers which have their site banned on GAF and are known to stealthily impose a illegal "protection" monthly fee on you.

Aaron D.

I generally ignore his shtick. What does get me are his fanboys though. Not because they are fanboys, but because they are blind to their fanboyism.

Err...When you start trotting out words like "fanboy", you're painting with strokes so broad, they become meaningless.

It is possible to be a genuine fan and/or respect his typical positions without kneeling to the Alter of Jim-F'ing-Sterling-Son.

I'd wager that the bulk of his audience simply appreciates his work and nothing more. No different than fans of Giant Bomb, Easy Allies, etc.

Problem is, throwing around monikers like "fanboy", you paint anyone who likes Jim into an unwarranted cubbyhole. It's both straw-man and shame-rhetoric.

Of course there are fanboys out there. There's fanboys for EVERYTHING. But their numbers are so minuscule compared to the broader fanbase, they are not even worth mentioning.

FYI, there is an Intel ARG going that's having trouble finding 100 people to give prizes to

http://www.sudo.city/

You need to have an IRC client and go to

IRC Server: ec2-54-224-228-99.compute-1.amazonaws.com
password: eYakuzoNet
Ports: 6667
Press OK
Select "intel"
File>Connect
And enter room #HALIXK
then pm HALIXK "!help"

Then you need to play a little game with the bot.

Will probably win either a Leathermen Multi-Tool, Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker or a Power Bank external charger for mobile device

Make a thread about this

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If i buy a game on Steam using Paypal, then i can get a refund to paypal later on, right? I remember buying something in the past and only being able to refund to Steam Wallet but i can't remember why (would have been either card or Paypal i used to buy it)

data

If i buy a game on Steam using Paypal, then i can get a refund to paypal later on, right? I remember buying something in the past and only being able to refund to Steam Wallet but i can't remember why (would have been either card or Paypal i used to buy it)

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom