• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wew, finally out of ban.

Huh, why is steam showing two different items for Sega Classics pack in my side. It shows both Sega Genesis Classics and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics.

Echoplx

Am I am idiot? My girlfriend is trying to stream to get Nvidia shield tablet and we're both looking through the settings on her laptop (gtx 960m) and cannot for the life of us find a button to enable streaming. I see that her laptop is ready, but nothing to actually enable it.

This is really annoying.

edit: to note, my desktop Geforce Experience app has the Shield streaming listed as available. Her laptop does not.

Her laptop manufacturer might be disabling it in their driver, try getting a driver from nvidias site.

Ludens

Banned
There's practically 0 talk of it in this thread, but Torment is really worth playing. If you enjoy reading.

I'm reading negative opinions about the game, like the writing isn't deep as it was in Planescape, the combat sucks and the game is overall very bugged.
Anyway, any news regarding DQXI on PC?

Also both Dead Rising 4 and Syberia 3 use Denuvo on Steam.

Like the idiot that I always am I decided to buy another Omega Force game on PC....

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk.

I've got a Titan XP and I get 38-50 FPS running the game on max settings at 1080p and 1440p. It's also using 8GB of VRAM... LOL. Crazy seeing as For Honor makes this game look like a dog turd and runs at 70fps at 4K maxed out on my card.

Berserk deserved WAY better than this. I can't see how you could be a fan of the series and tolerate this game and the liberties it took with the story and setting.

Do not believe the rating on STEAM. It's bloated because Musou fanboys have some kind of sickness in their heads.

I'll be the first to admit that the game has flaws, I'll even admit overall the ps2 game might be better for different reasons, but don't you think you're taking it a little too far? I ran Berserk on a 1060 without any slowdowns on max settings, are you sure there's nothing wrong with your setup? As for the game itself, despite its many flaws, I played through the entire story mode without getting bored, the gameplay was entertaining, smashing and dismembering hordes of demons and human was fun as hell (pun intended), and felt completely natural for Guts. In the end I think I got my money worth, but we can't all share the same opinion. =)

Mugen08

There's practically 0 talk of it in this thread, but Torment is really worth playing. If you enjoy reading.

Yeah I got it in the pipeline. Unfortunately I feel Zelda is going to take me months to finish (basically only have some prime gaming time during weekends). I put Pillars of Eternity to the side as well and it felt amazing also, just at the end of Act 2/start of TWM. Perhaps I'll squeeze in Hollow Knight before Torment as well to mix up the genres a bit and not only play 80h+ games.

Orgen

The old "im not getting new games because I have a massive backlog" excuse only really works when you dont actually really want a game (or when the game isnt out I guess).

When both of those things arent true, well... not so much. Im liking Steamworld Heist fine but its not really grabbing me and Im struggling with wanting to play anything else right now because I have Horizon on the brain, and I really should just buy it already and then figure out a Nier solution later in the month (especially since whatever ill buy right now will be with the magical pixie money that exists in credit cards). Its one of those "I shouldn't buy something" things as opposed to "I cant buy something" things.

I also have Zelda on the brain, but that one IS a "I cant buy" thing because, well its a 400€ videogame basically.

Marvel out tomorow isnt really something I will play for hours on end either (in fact I wont even play with randos, just friends) so that doesnt really help matters.

Man I used to be much better about spending money willy nilly, having responsabilities sucks. How do you people with children do it :3

That's not entirely true on my case. I didn't get a switch with Zelda because I have a tremendous backlog (from the GC era) and I can get Zelda on Wii U. There's no money problem and I feel sorry about the ones that need to keep a budget to buy new games.

I don't have any children but the solution for this problem (as it is for a lot of problems in this day and age) is to earn more money :|

Anteater

It's always a money problem for me, I don't care about my backlog, I just play whatever I want like I'm in the arcades :p

I think it was significantly better than Guacamelee. Better controls, more interesting moveset, better art.

It was my favourite Metroidvania of the past 5 years until I played Momodora: Reverie.

man I bought Momodora Reverie but I got sidetracked with the recent releases, I need to play that

Ludens

Banned
For me it's just a matter of time. I mean, what's the purpose on buying something, playing it in one year and meanwhile that same game went to 75% off?
If I REALLY want something, I'll buy it on release (like I did for RE7, and I was disappointed since I think it's totally not worth that price, but it's another thing) but I usually play that istantly, all the other games go on my wish and usually I even skip 75% off sales if I have other stuff to play.

Arthea

It's always a money problem for me, I don't care about my backlog, I just play whatever I want like I'm in the arcades :p

It is the best way to go about it, but what if you wanna play 10 games at once, what then?
I mean it only works if you don't have that many games as we do.
Money problem stops us from making this even worse.

Anteater

It is the best way to go about it, but what if you wanna play 10 games at once, what then?
I mean it only works if you don't have that many games as we do.
Money problem stops us from making this even worse.

you play them all on a weekend to see which game grab your attention the most

I've never had 10 games I'm eager to play at a time tho, like for this month I just want to play Nier more than anything else

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you seem to be mistaking my post as some sort of "woe is me", when it was just a statement of fact. Peeps get older, life changes, you get responsabilities, your priorities shift. I could have easily said "I really feel like pizza right now but I shouldnt waste $10 on it when I have food at home to make", same shit.

oh and speaking of Nier (well not here, in my other post), GMG has it 18% off now which drops it down to $49/49€, which is about what you would get with the humble monthly 10% off + the $5 from subbing to the march bundle and opting out of Witness combo I was considering lol

you seem to be mistaking my post as some sort of "woe is me", when it was just a statement of fact. Peeps get older, life changes, you get responsabilities, your priorities shift. I could have easily said "I really feel like pizza right now but I shouldnt waste $10 on it when I have food at home to make", same shit.

oh and speaking of Nier (well not here, in my other post), GMG has it 18% off now which drops it down to $49/49€, which is about what you would get with the humble monthly 10% off + the $5 from subbing to the march bundle and opting out of Witness combo I was considering lol
Pizza >>>> whatever food you have at home to make :p

Wok

I am not sure people in this thread are old enough to remember The Journey Down. Chapter 3 is on its way for August 25.

I need to get my hands on the Towerfall DLC. I keep forgetting to check its price during sales.

Anteater

7wmeqtb.jpg

oh ffs

Arthea

you play them all on a weekend to see which game grab your attention the most

I've never had 10 games I'm eager to play at a time tho, like for this month I just want to play Nier more than anything else

I usually have more than 10 I wanna play, thus it being really hard to choose and sometimes resulting in me not playing anything or playing some temporary game until I choose, and then another "temporary" game and another. It's quite ridiculous really

true, but then money, you need for games, you know

http://i.imgur.com/7wmeqtb.jpg[/IMG

oh ffs[/QUOTE]

SE is bent on not letting you play it.
What about humble? Not available also?

pislit

I'm sorry Asian-SteamGAF (except Indians and Russians), there is no way Nier will be available to other regions since FFIII-FFVI had the same region lock and years later are still not available.

SE PLZ.

Wok

I usually have more than 10 I wanna play, thus it being really hard to choose and sometimes resulting in me not playing anything or playing some temporary game until I choose, and then another "temporary" game and another. It's quite ridiculous really

Often, I just want to try games to get the feel. I play between 30 min and 2 hours to learn about the gameplay, the atmosphere, the art, etc. and if the game is good, I will finish it.

Games which I still need to try:
  • Endless Space 2 (after the price mistake)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Obduction
  • ShadowRun Hong Kong
  • Solstice
  • Technobabylon
  • Total War Warhammer
  • XCOM 2

Nuclear Throne clones are the new anime titty garbage are the new FTL clones are the new Minecraft with Guns are the new

Say hello to

Arthea

I'm sorry Asian-SteamGAF (except Indians and Russians), there is no way Nier will be available to other regions since FFIII-FFVI had the same region lock and years later are still not available.

SE PLZ.

I'm curious, have you guys tried getting some answers out of SE, why it is so?
I know it's real hard to get any communication out of SE, not on the level of KT, but close, it's still worth to try

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

real talk. I havent had real pizza in months. I'm a frozen pizza dude now, cause you can get like 4 shitty frozen pizzas for the price of 1 real pizza. And by real, I mean whatever chain your region has, which is probably still shitty, but not frozen shitty.

Pizza's expensive here man! In fact most take out is. Fucking Chinese is like 20&#8364; for a meal >_< I bet Spanish Pizza is mad cheap!

Im actually kinda into the shitty frozen pizzas Ive been getting lol

Also I went ahead and used my magic pixie money to impulse buy Horizon, and its a fucking 5 hour download, fucking PSN, that kinda ruins the whole "impulse buy" thing doesnt it >_> The same 48gb download would take me like 45mins on Steam :/

oh come on >_>

pislit

I'm curious, have you guys tried getting some answers out of SE, why it is so?
I know it's real hard to get any communication out of SE, not on the level of KT, but close, it's still worth to try

They dont answer questions lol

they are getting bombarded in their FB and Twitter and they are still mum.

Arthea

They dont answer questions lol

they are getting bombarded in their FB and Twitter and they are still mum.

yeah, as I said it isn't easy
IDK why it is so hard for some companies to have any communication whatsoever, why they even have those social pages if they do 0 socializing.

Arminsc

So what's the opinion on Night in the Woods?
I heard about it yesterday and looking at it seems like a fun time, but I want to hear opinions before I get it.

Rhaknar

I heard about it yesterday and looking at it seems like a fun time, but I want to hear opinions before I get it.

great story, falls apart near the end seems to be the consensus.

Anteater

IDK why it is so hard for some companies to have any communication whatsoever, why they even have those social pages if they do 0 socializing.

yeah angry people are already bugging them

I remember people asked Konami on why Castlevania LoS2 was locked and producer said they "have their reason" on region locking but they said nothing else, konami's twitter said they only deal with NA/EU questions so... they have nothing to say about the rest of the world, lol.

I have no idea what makes them deliberately lock a quarter of the world from giving them money though.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

I have mixed feelings about it - the writing and characters are wonderful, but the story is slow moving and takes place in the confines of one town. You'll be visiting the same places across many days. It's a lot smaller in scope than I thought it would initially be.

I don't regret buying it though.

I am not sure people in this thread are old enough to remember The Journey Down. Chapter 3 is on its way for August 25.
Maybe it's time to finally play chapter 2, i got first chapter for free and played it for cards, but overall it was nice point'n'click game.

Tizoc

I need to get my hands on the Towerfall DLC. I keep forgetting to check its price during sales.

Hey I backed Journey Down 3 you bed wetting kitten!

So I've decided that neither
Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apoc nor
Hollow Knight nor
Gravity Rush 1
were worthy of being my 50th completed game of this year, but I had wanted it to be
Irem's Mystic Riders
However upon beating the final boss the game loops back to the beginning for a harder playthrough, so I dunno if it'd count as being completed based on this :V
Then AGAIN, completing Super Mario Bros. 1 loops you back to the start to play a hard mode but in general beating it once counts as completing the game, so hey this may as well the 50th.

To be on the safe side though I decided to play
This is a game whose gameplay has not aged well at all, the final stage had you going against a boss who is 3 giants whom you need to stun lock in place to defeat as quickly as possible. Fuckers were like bullet sponges. Didn't help that the final boss was also VERY tanky.
For a Double Dragon game set in a sword and sorcery world though, it had a fantastic visual design for the monsters.
It's part of the Irem Arcade Hits btw.

Wew, finally out of ban.

Huh, why is steam showing two different items for Sega Classics pack in my side. It shows both Sega Genesis Classics and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics.

Welcome back.
Watch what you post next time :V

pislit

i have more chance getting a reply from my ex than these companies

prudislav

final DLC coming on Wendesday
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500272
Release Date: 8 Mar, 2017
The second American Revolution has been crushed by the KPA occupation forces, and Philadelphia - last stronghold of the Resistance - is about to fall.

In America's darkest hour, a glimmer of hope appears when a NATO agent makes contact from beyond the city walls with a desperate call for help. They claim to have information that could finally end the occupation - but can the Resistance reach them before the KPA close in...?

Features
  • Play as Ethan Brady, on a last-chance mission to free America from her nightmarish, totalitarian occupation
  • Travel beyond the walls of Philadelphia to the rural heartlands of Pennsylvania, the cradle of Independence
  • Make contact with NATO and discover their daring plan to defeat the KPA once and for all

Jadax

Urgh....Was really enjoying Skyrim again, probably got the furthest I've been without losing interest, and my laptop hdd crashed (clean install required) - now I feel so frustrated, and I don't think I'll ever be able to get back into the game again which is a shame since I think it's one of the most immersive gaming experiences out there right now.

Ludens

Banned
I finally got all Mass Effect DLCs...on PS3. 15€ was a very good deal for all ME2 and 3 contents, I don't like the idea of playing them on PS3, but on PC they never got a decent discount. I don't know WHEN I'll be able to play both games again, they were long even without dlcs, but at least I can do that now.

Arminsc

great story, falls apart near the end seems to be the consensus.

I have mixed feelings about it - the writing and characters are wonderful, but the story is slow moving and takes place in the confines of one town. You'll be visiting the same places across many days. It's a lot smaller in scope than I thought it would initially be.

I don't regret buying it though.

Thanks for your opinions!
I think for 17€ on humble it's not too bad if I end up not liking it that much, but I'm in the mood for something like it so I think I'll enjoy it.

Rhaknar

err mine wasnt an opinion, it was merely hearsay. I dont have the game.

PARANO1A

I adore it. Nice narrative driven adventure that I can play with my other hand on the couch. Lots of reading buy brimming with charm.

Durante

I'm reading negative opinions about the game, like the writing isn't deep as it was in Planescape
Well, that's a negative point about every game released since PST. And the writing in the new Torment is pretty good, it's just not consistently at that level.

the combat sucks
It's certainly not great. It also took up a grand total of 10 minutes of my 14 hour play time so far, so it's not a huge deal.

and the game is overall very bugged.
I can't confirm that, I only encountered one bug so far and it's pretty minor.

Rhaknar

Durante is a Naruto fanboy. His opinions are invalid.

Now, if he was a One Piece fanboy on the other hand <3

Anteater

Urgh....Was really enjoying Skyrim again, probably got the furthest I've been without losing interest, and my laptop hdd crashed (clean install required) - now I feel so frustrated, and I don't think I'll ever be able to get back into the game again which is a shame since I think it's one of the most immersive gaming experiences out there right now.

it has steam cloud support doesn't it? unless you mean having to reinstall all those mods

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Week of Circus Terror -- MB-0780B7551B31BFCC - Taken by Abomination
Adventure Lib Plus OST -- MB-2AD6799C14B37922 - Taken by WinterDemons
Annie Amber -- MB-6E8378A14262EAB2 - Taken by bobnowhere
Blues and Bullets - Episode 1 -- MB-09DA9D1820BF8998 - Taken by NeoRaider
Breath of Death VII -- MB-58279A262D33A657 - Taken by boybrushdRED
Bulby - Diamond Course -- MB-AE765F8CCE78C64F - Taken by dot
Bullet Candy -- MB-57EA108E015078FC - Taken by lindarasta
CAT Interstellar -- MB-4EE2175DDD820CA8 - Taken by Anteater
Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-46E1FF72B56DEC28 - Taken by Tonton
Disgraced -- MB-4CB3BC81E8E5DBCB - Taken by Costa1774
Domestic Dog -- MB-6542293D2DDEF3F3 - Taken by prudislav
Desire -- MB-EE723E3A1133C2AA - Taken by Sajko