• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Cubetractor -- MB-1C5F1488441C0398 - Taken by PaulSane
Defend Your Life -- MB-B5FF5945278C0DF4 - Taken by MaxiLive
Hills of Glory 3D -- MB-E5CB159C05A4928E - Taken by Eila
Kraven Manor -- MB-FDDCCDC8170FB6A2 - Taken by Loptous
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-D594DD26D38ED736 - Taken by Wok
Miracle Fly -- MB-9261115282ACB4F9 - Taken by longlivegaming
No Turning Back: The Pixel Art Action-Adventure Roguelike -- MB-4BD38C0DC5E59A53 - Taken by illusionary
Pixel Puzzles 2: Birds -- MB-1C5C3A14455FD117 - Taken by WinterDemons
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-17CA80FF8B6335D9 - Taken by Press Turn
Spirit of War -- MB-FD63CDE27656A7A3 - Taken by dave is ok
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-7C401B868EE07794 - Taken by Shalashaska

tmarg

I liked it, I liked it quite a bit in fact, I just think its overrated. Its "just" another one of those with nothing that makes it unique, unless you want to count the horrible "race" sequences that almost ruined the game for me everytime they popped up as unique.

The praise it gets is like Halo praise, its like "this is the first of this genre I've played so of course I think its amazing" praise. This is my opinion of course, you are very welcome to disagree, as I know most do (except Nabs, because he knows whats up).

I'm not a particularly big fan of it either. Although the art is great, I'd consider that fairly unique.

Anteater

the escape sequences were stupid in ori, it was difficult because it scrolls which makes it hard to see where to go and hard to tell where the debris are, obviously not everyone has this problem but it's still a visual thing and not so much based on skill, and they were super linear, you may as well say uncharted 1 and killzone 2 were the best games cuz they have these stupid ass scripted sequences

oh wait people do actually say that around here

tmarg

the escape sequences were stupid in ori, it was difficult because it scrolls which makes it hard to see where to go and hard to tell where the debris are, obviously not everyone has this problem but it's still a visual thing and not so much based on skill, and they were super linear, you may as well say uncharted 1 and killzone 2 were the best games cuz they have these stupid ass scripted sequences

oh wait people do actually say that around here

The combat was actually fairly poor, so it made sense that they would want to replace the genre standard boss fights with a platforming equivalent. I didn't hate them as much as some people, but they probably could have been better.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I haven't played Ori, and I'm not super interested in doing so either after hearing that it's difficult and has precision platforming or something along those lines.

The game can be quite forgiving actually if you just wait to get more upgrades and don't force yourself to try and get all the collectibles until you feel comfortable doing so.

Only real problems I had with platforming was when I was trying to get a collectable too early than what they game really wanted me to. Then it become incredibly easy at the end when I got the triple jump. Definite Edition makes it even easier to get that and air dash and more XP if you play on normal compared to the original.

FLD

Well, I'm ready for March 14th.

26ncTYm.png

Any good deals for the sequel anywhere?

Anteater

The combat was actually fairly poor, so it made sense that they would want to replace the genre standard boss fights with a platforming equivalent. I didn't hate them as much as some people, but they probably could have been better.

yeah that makes sense, but I think there are many ways to make a boss fight that relies on platforming with its projectile combat

sheaaaa

The sequences were great in Ori; finished the first one on my first try with my heart going 100kmh.

Really enjoyed the game; less enamoured with the business decision of having a "definitive edition".

Eila

Enjoy. Was my birthday but I spent the whole day out so have a small nightly giveaway.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-8375EE76BB1777C3 - Taken by BlakeofT. 6 entrants total.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-61B232C61B501630 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 2 entrants total.

t1488776427z1.png

Anteater

Ori is cool tho, it's worth playing

incase i look like someone who's jumping on a hating bandwagon, I liked that game, I think it's Guacamelee tier game

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

GrottyScape -- MB-FD4D9CDEBAEC9A8E - Taken by Diedac

Press Turn

Neo Member
Reminder that VA-11 Hall-A is a good game to make the time fly by. Beat it a good while ago but I went through the prologue and the demo update recently. I missed it all, the setting, the personalities, the sound of ice when you gotta make something on the rocks (no seriously, that is a really nice ice sound), the conversations, all of it.
Great game, great style, great time.
Snowfall is the best track and I will fight people on that

Kindred Spirits is also a good time because oh my god everyone is adorable

BasilZero

I beat Evoland 1 over the weekend.

Its a OK indie RPG.

I like the originality where the game evolves but dat back tracking, just like the games it imitates.

Also, I gave up trying to get the game work with a controller. It works fine on my desktop (with the xbox 360 controller but not the DS4) but on my gaming laptop , it doesnt detect my DS4 but it detects my Xbox360 controller but then it makes a weird glitch noise (in game) and then stops reading my input ~_~.

I played the rest of the game Mouse and keyboard.

I give it a 70 out of 100, hopefully its sequel will be better for me in the future.

Momentary

Banned
Like the idiot that I always am I decided to buy another Omega Force game on PC....

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk.

I've got a Titan XP and I get 38-50 FPS running the game on max settings at 1080p and 1440p. It's also using 8GB of VRAM... LOL. Crazy seeing as For Honor makes this game look like a dog turd and runs at 70fps at 4K maxed out on my card.

Berserk deserved WAY better than this. I can't see how you could be a fan of the series and tolerate this game and the liberties it took with the story and setting.

Do not believe the rating on STEAM. It's bloated because Musou fanboys have some kind of sickness in their heads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I beat Evoland 1 over the weekend.

Its a OK indie RPG.

I like the originality where the game evolves but dat back tracking, just like the games it imitates.

Also, I gave up trying to get the game work with a controller. It works fine on my desktop (with the xbox 360 controller but not the DS4) but on my gaming laptop , it doesnt detect my DS4 but it detects my Xbox360 controller but then it makes a weird glitch noise (in game) and then stops reading my input ~_~.

I played the rest of the game Mouse and keyboard.

I give it a 70 out of 100, hopefully its sequel will be better for me in the future.

evo2 is a legit rpg not a 3 hour cute gimmick

Momentary

Banned
Does Green Man Gaming do refunds? I'm seriously regretting this Berserk purchase.

Edit: Just read their refund policy... I'm giving up on purchasing keys from anywhere other than STEAM.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nuclear Throne clones are the new anime titty garbage are the new FTL clones are the new Minecraft with Guns are the new

Corpekata

Banned
Man not even the big musou fans seemed to like Berserk, that was a big enough red flag to avoid it, as that crowd eats up anything halfway decent.

Well, that and the weird rape costume pre-order and teaser.

Momentary

Banned
I think Omega Force are the D-Team of Koei Tecmo. Gust put out 2 products that can at least run well. Sophie while bare runs at 4K and 144hz without any issues. Azure can be made to run at whatever resolution you want and can also hit whatever refresh rate you can throw at it. Team Ninja's port of DOA 5 is even decent in the port department. Capable of 4K and 2 or 3 graphical settings that work. It makes me glad Team Ninja is doing Dissidia and not Omega Force.

rape costume pre order?

What's even more messed up is that you had people defending that bullshit.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how mankind evolved seems to think i murdered some cops in some mission before and everyone keeps telling jensen he's like a psycho and shit

there was a newspaper article about it saying there was a bloodbath and everything

i didn't really kill anyone but ok lol?

i know berserk is old aand everything but i would spoilertag that stuff

It's a costume that a certain character wears after said event.

That was only available for pre-order in Japan. Tasteless but not relevant to the international release in the end.
oh ok

i thought the trailers i saw were pretty tasteless too

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i wish more levels in Steamworld Heist involved more than 3 guys :(

Coldsun

Banned
I enjoyed both games but enjoyed Far Cry Primal a little more. Even though FC4 felt more polished than FC3 I somehow liked FC3 more. I think it's because things didn't change enough between 3 and 4 so it felt like more of the same.

Ended up picking them up :) Thanks for the recommendation

Like the idiot that I always am I decided to buy another Omega Force game on PC....

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk.

I've got a Titan XP and I get 38-50 FPS running the game on max settings at 1080p and 1440p. It's also using 8GB of VRAM... LOL. Crazy seeing as For Honor makes this game look like a dog turd and runs at 70fps at 4K maxed out on my card.

Berserk deserved WAY better than this. I can't see how you could be a fan of the series and tolerate this game and the liberties it took with the story and setting.

Do not believe the rating on STEAM. It's bloated because Musou fanboys have some kind of sickness in their heads.

We may be fanboys but we all know there is nothing good about Warriors games on PC. Sorry for your loss man, get a refund cause its probably not getting fixed.

Rhaknar

Hmmm sounds good to me already :p

I also notice the average in HLTB shows 17 and half hours for just the story. Sounds promising.

Yes it took me (checks 52 game thread) 17 hours to finish. I loved it, its a legit
time travel
story.

Rizzi

Been playing a little Atelier Sophie to take a break from Zelda.
When the heck will the artisans learn to make more weapons and armour? I want better stuff!

Anteater

Been playing a little Atelier Sophie to take a break from Zelda.
When the heck will the artisans learn to make more weapons and armour? I want better stuff!

The weapon dude just recently gave me a quest and that unlocked more weapons, so I guess you just need to keep talking to them

Tizoc

Just remembered I had the IREM Arcade Hits. They may be weak emulation but I do remember enjoying at least Undercover Cops for how Hokuto no Ken inspired it was.

Rhaknar

The old "im not getting new games because I have a massive backlog" excuse only really works when you dont actually really want a game (or when the game isnt out I guess).

When both of those things arent true, well... not so much. Im liking Steamworld Heist fine but its not really grabbing me and Im struggling with wanting to play anything else right now because I have Horizon on the brain, and I really should just buy it already and then figure out a Nier solution later in the month (especially since whatever ill buy right now will be with the magical pixie money that exists in credit cards). Its one of those "I shouldn't buy something" things as opposed to "I cant buy something" things.

I also have Zelda on the brain, but that one IS a "I cant buy" thing because, well its a 400€ videogame basically.

Marvel out tomorow isnt really something I will play for hours on end either (in fact I wont even play with randos, just friends) so that doesnt really help matters.

Man I used to be much better about spending money willy nilly, having responsabilities sucks. How do you people with children do it :3

zkylon

zkylewd
dx mankind divided went better today

went straight for the quests and ignored much of the exploration and it seems like the gam eis much better for it

i hope the "make everything open world" fad goes away sometime soon, not every game needs to have a huge town filled with secrets and shit

or at least make multiple towns like in dx1

you know that almost 15 year old game that was like 400 times more ambitious than this

you know that game that reacted to me breaking into the girls' bathroom?

like good games should?

GTVImzB.png

anyways piling up dead bodies with other garbage is still fun in every videogame

Am I am idiot? My girlfriend is trying to stream to get Nvidia shield tablet and we're both looking through the settings on her laptop (gtx 960m) and cannot for the life of us find a button to enable streaming. I see that her laptop is ready, but nothing to actually enable it.

This is really annoying.

edit: to note, my desktop Geforce Experience app has the Shield streaming listed as available. Her laptop does not.

Mivey

Am I am idiot? My girlfriend is trying to stream to get Nvidia shield tablet and we're both looking through the settings on her laptop (gtx 960m) and cannot for the life of us find a button to enable streaming. I see that her laptop is ready, but nothing to actually enable it.

This is really annoying.
Should look like this.
If that is already on, could be an issue with you router or any of the devices is not properly connected to the network.

Durante

Ori is cool tho, it's worth playing

incase i look like someone who's jumping on a hating bandwagon, I liked that game, I think it's Guacamelee tier game
I think it was significantly better than Guacamelee. Better controls, more interesting moveset, better art.

It was my favourite Metroidvania of the past 5 years until I played Momodora: Reverie.

sheaaaa

Pre-order costume/skin was for Casca,
who is brutally raped in the series. The costume was her post rape PTSD costume, and they often sold it like it was an alluring pin up style costume.

Thanks for the spoiler mate, haven't made it that far in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom