• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

final DLC coming on Wendesday
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500272
Release Date: 8 Mar, 2017

Base game also got updated to remove Denuvo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I herd Durante has a nine tail fox plushie and a Sakura bust on his desk. Someone told me that when he was working on DSfix for Dark Souls, the DS stood for Dark Sasuke and it was a Naruto mod, but it didnt work out he just left the 60fps fix in and went to watch more Naruto instead.

I heard it on the internet.

Anteater

I herd Durante has a nine tail fox plushie and a Sakura bust on his desk. Someone told me that when he was working on DSfix for Dark Souls, the DS stood for Dark Sasuke and it was a Naruto mod, but it didnt work out he just left the 60fps fix in and went to watch more Naruto instead.

I heard it on the internet.

could it be that Durante secretly helped on the naruto games that's why they have good resolution support and now the new game is running at 60fps?

Tizoc

You mean to tell me Durante doesnt really have a Stand called Orange Tree which grants his cognitive abilities super speed allowing him to complete coding tasks at god like speed far surpassing that of the average hired pc coder?

Durante

You mean to tell me Durante doesnt really have a Stand called Orange Tree which grants his cognitive abilities super speed allowing him to complete coding tasks at god like speed far surpassing that of the average hired pc coder?
No, I just use double compile.

(Now that's an anime I'm actually a fan of)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Durante is the new Man Puncher confirmed.

Oh I'm sorry... Ban Puncher.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs store page is up. Coming March 17.

Did we know about this one? I know about that Aksys thing, but PQube is publishing it now anyway.

Tizoc

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs store page is up. Coming March 17.

Did we know about this one? I know about that Aksys thing, but PQube is publishing it now anyway.
Glad this is oming to pc! I was this close to getting it on ps4 or vita
Thank u pqube~
Now bring steins gate 0 pqube

Arminsc

Ive heard but never watched that show

But now i want to watch red cliff, or at least the battles in it
517AsVqBCSL.jpg

Man it's been 9 years since it released woah.

That's a movie that I enjoyed and have no idea why. It's been a long time since I watched it tho

I should watch it again soon

Phinor

Ive heard but never watched that show

But now i want to watch red cliff, or at least the battles in it
517AsVqBCSL.jpg

Man it's been 9 years since it released woah.

Pretty much everytime someone links something from the past 10 years it just makes me realize how quickly time goes by. Something like The Dark Knight also released in 2008. This wasn't any different, made me feel old. I mean I just watched Red Cliff on Blu-ray.. some 7 years ago apparently.

Also for anyone interested in Red Cliff, watch the original 146+142min version, not the "international" 148min version. The long version is a great movie but I haven't heard much good about the shortened version.

Tizoc

Pretty much everytime someone links something from the past 10 years it just makes me realize how quickly time goes by. Something like The Dark Knight also released in 2008. This wasn't any different, made me feel old. I mean I just watched Red Cliff on Blu-ray.. some 7 years ago apparently.

Also for anyone interested in Red Cliff, watch the original 146+142min version, not the "international" 148min version. The long version is a great movie but I haven't heard much good about the shortened version.
I own the 2 disc asia release which has each part on a single bluray so im fine

Rhaknar

Automata getting good 9's and 10's across the board. Fucking finally Yoko ;_;7

so Ive been reading that your 40 hour gametime is across multiple playthroughs for all the endings Hektor, whats that about? >_>

That doesnt count as the game being 40 hours dude :/

edit: actually this dude cleared it up and it doesnt sound that bad afterall. No plot spoilers but game structure spoilers I guess:

Nier Automata story structure, I'll try to keep the story details out but do not read if you want to go in fresh:

There are essentially three "routes" in one playthrough of Nier Automata. You play through route A as one character, and it gets to an ending. This first playthrough took me roughly 16 hours, but I only did about half the sidequests. Then you play route B, which is the same main story beats as route A, but you play through as a different character from his point of view. A lot of it is admittedly repeated content, but the play style of the second character is very different than the first, and this route really adds a lot to the background of what's been going on in the first route. The game also remembers and keeps your quest log, so you don't have to redo any side quests you've already done before, so this route tends to be much shorter than the first one. I finished this route in roughly 7 hours.

The third route is basically a continuation of the story. It picks up at the point routes A and B ended, and you alternate between playable characters this route depending on where in the story you are. And this is where the game goes balls to the wall crazy on the plot, and is essentially why people who love the game say they love it so much. This third route took me about 10 hours, but I also did not do many side quests as I was kind of hoping to get through the plot by this point, because I really really wanted to see what happens next.

Basically you're playing 50% of the main story twice, through different perspectives, and then playing the second 50% of the story on the third route. That's how Nier Automata works.

Hektor

so Ive been reading that your 40 hour gametime is across multiple playthroughs for all the endings Hektor, whats that about? >_>

That doesnt count as the game being 40 hours dude :/

Endings in Yoko Taro games do not work like in other games. It is one 40 hour game.

€: 2late i guess

Dem Nier reviews.

Who da thunk people would care about Japanese developed games that aren't stifling creativity and actually embrace their quirkiness? CAPCPOM should probably learn this lesson the next time they develop a Dead Rising game.

pislit

anyone tried playing fighting games with the steam controller. UMVC3 is filthy cheap in my region, and nier being unavailable because SE is shit, i'll use my money elsewhere by buying this and yooka layle. lol.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I was expecting it to be around 35€.

That's the ROW version. Play-Asia's was around that price, but it was European exclusive. CDkeys or Play-Asia might get more cheap European keys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's the ROW version. Play-Asia's was around that price, but it was European exclusive. CDkeys or Play-Asia might get more cheap European keys.

The game's region-specific subs don't cover any country within the EU, so assuming P-A didn't misrepresent the region its keys are intended for (decidedly unlikely but not an impossibility), they'll also be region-free. Food for thought should it secure more stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom