• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what part of my post was in any way a complaint?

was the Destiny gif not clear enough that it meant "it is your destiny to play Nier when you have time off work"?

Ill chalk this one off as you being high on cheap spanish Pizza

I missunderstood, sorry, I'm glad you'll have a lot of fun ;)

I really liked the idea behind the overheating in Mankind Divided and wish they really committed to it, but it was immediately ruined because the moment it's introduced is the moment you get a sidequest to get a thing so you can bypass overheating entirely. Whoops.

But even without that, the penalties for overheating are almost non-existent in the first place. Missed opportunity, as the thing that brought me back to the original Deus Ex was the mutually exclusive aug choices, so I liked replaying it over and over in different configurations. With the Eidos-Montreal games, they play more generically in just letting you go willy nilly in what you want and to that end I just never have the same drive to them. Not to mention the general lack of interaction capable with the world space. It's all very pretty, but mostly static as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
might have to refund Marvel tbh. That imediate feeling of "what am I doing, ill never actually play this like I dont play any of the fighting games I buy" :/

Arthea

Is this new Atelier game a direct sequel to the recent port or just sort of related?

direct sequel, yes, that doesn't mean it's not a stand alone game, all Atelier games are.

might have to refund Marvel tbh. That imediate feeling of "what am I doing, ill never actually play this like I dont play any of the fighting games I buy" :/

It was Skullgirls that finally convinced me to stop trying

I still like DoA tho, and I should play it some

Wok

Tizoc & Nabs won't talk to you again.

I know this feeling though.

Lain

17754480252836380672_2tuhn.png

You looked better as a small pudgy girl with glasses.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I had the exact same response to a free weekend of Street Fighter IV and Skullgirls. MKX seems to be the only fighting game scrub enough for me to enjoy since I only play them solo anyway.

Ascheroth

That MMO needs more chainsaws and lovecraft... like.
Yeah, Secret World is great.
I'm waiting for the relaunch before continuing on with it though (I'm only in the 2nd area anyway).
...Which I've just read is supposed to be at the end of this month. I didn't know it was going to be that soon :O

derFeef

Yeah, Secret World is great.
I'm waiting for the relaunch before continuing on with it though (I'm only in the 2nd area anyway).
...Which I've just read is supposed to be at the end of this month. I didn't know it was going to be that soon :O

I fired it up yesterday in anticipation for the relaunch as well.
That game got complex, wow! The whole Tokyo area is another world with new mechanics and new items and whatnot.

Ascheroth

I fired it up yesterday in anticipation for the relaunch as well.
That game got complex, wow! The whole Tokyo area is another world with new mechanics and new items and whatnot.
I'm curious how the relaunch will affect existing characters, don't want to have to start anew for the best experience even though I'm technically not really far in.
And about the combat changes, because that was absolutely the weakest part of the game.

Uzzy

it's true, deus ex mankind divided is much more enjoyable when u just ignore exploring prague and wait until u get a quest to visit places

There were a few times in my exploration of Prague that'd I'd come across areas that were clearly meant to be visited later. It'd have been nice if you could really sequence break the game and have the world react to that, but alas.

There's also a fair few side quests that you can only find through exploring Prague, and those offer some of the best content in the game.

i'm really confused about the overclocking thing, i've been at 150% overclocked for a whlie and nothing seems to be any different. it's a pity, it sounded like a cool mechanic and now i've gotten the upgrade that makes me unoverclockable so idk what that was about lol

Yeah, they needed to commit more to the penalties for overclocking.

I really liked the idea behind the overheating in Mankind Divided and wish they really committed to it, but it was immediately ruined because the moment it's introduced is the moment you get a sidequest to get a thing so you can bypass overheating entirely. Whoops.

But even without that, the penalties for overheating are almost non-existent in the first place. Missed opportunity, as the thing that brought me back to the original Deus Ex was the mutually exclusive aug choices, so I liked replaying it over and over in different configurations. With the Eidos-Montreal games, they play more generically in just letting you go willy nilly in what you want and to that end I just never have the same drive to them. Not to mention the general lack of interaction capable with the world space. It's all very pretty, but mostly static as well.
I feel like a lot of big budget games have this unfortunate commitment to "no consequences" gameplay where you can just do everything. Like, I haven't played DXMD, but no game has given me this feeling more than Rise of the Tomb Raider; it has a difficulty curve that only goes down. There's so many tools to use, but little to no reason to actually do anything with them.

It's gotta be a focus testing thing. It's like they want to have it both ways--a huge checklist of features and content, but with nothing that could possibly bother someone. It's like the game has to be made for that guy that always runs out of ammo, can't figure out where to go, or can never divine what to do when confronted with a wall.

...It bothers me.

Coreda

I would love to see waifu2x adapted as a real-time filter for video games' display. I don't know if stuff like ReShade can do this.

Edit: Apparently, it is more complicated than that, and people are talking about using Fast Bilateral Filter in this Github issue from last year.

The Github issue thread seemed to focus on detailed renderings which it's not so hot at, given it was optimized for line art. The problem with waifu2x though is it's slower the larger the image, even using CUDA. Would otherwise be ideal for such line art style games with lower res assets, I use it all the time on the desktop.

Will defo check out the suggested alternatives!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dunno about randoms as I have no intention of doing that, but played a few games against Nabs and the netcode was great, it felt the same as being offline. And thats US to Portugal.

Nabs

dunno about randoms as I have no intention of doing that, but played a few games against Nabs and the netcode was great, it felt the same as being offline. And thats US to Portugal.

I can't complain at all. The netcode felt great.

Pakkidis

Arkham Knight is the most taxing game on my pc. I meet the min requirements and can play it at 1080p with medium settings 30 fps. The game is gorgeous and the game plays just fine but my fps goes to the 20's when I start driving the batmobile :(. Still I'm enjoying my time so far.

Lanrutcon

Arkham Knight is the most taxing game on my pc. I meet the min requirements and can play it at 1080p with medium settings 30 fps. The game is gorgeous and the game plays just fine but my fps goes to the 20's when I start driving the batmobile :(. Still I'm enjoying my time so far.

It's not your pc.

That game is a disaster.

Rhaknar

just climbed on the back of some sort of tall dinosaur thing, imediatly thought of Jawmuncher.

welp at least you're famous for something Munch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom