• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

That game is STILL fucked up? Wow

I wouldn't go that far, from what I hear its MUCH better than when it was released however it still doesn't change the fact that this game is poorly optimized. I find that game that are patched after release are never as optimized as games that are properly ported right from the start.

Sarcasm

Man Fangamer gets MAD PROPS from me. If you ever thinking of ordering from them do it. Even if you live halfway around the WORLD.

1) They responded quickly to my support tickets. Even when it was 8 PM Saturday night for them.

2) I got my package in less than two weeks with no tracking and perfect condition.

I live in Taiwan!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Aw man Disc Jam is soon.
Soon the winds shall jam

I wait for the Windjammers "remaster" to hit steam... still a way better game than Disc Jam imo...

I played the Disc Jam beta for some hours on Steam in the last weeks... and it just doesnt feel right... its not really bad or so... but I dont get the hype

Nabs

I wait for the Windjammers "remaster" to hit steam... still a way better game than Disc Jam imo...

I played the Disc Jam beta for some hours on Steam in the last weeks... and it just doesnt feel right... its not really bad or so... but I dont get the hype

I was hoping that Iron Galaxy would get the rights to WJ instead of DotEmu.

I tried Disc Jam during an early alpha test and thought it was cool. I think the hype comes from people trying to make it the next Rocket League. I just don't see that happening.

Deques

A bit late to the party. I started playing LIT and finished it today. And even got the "true" ending. Which unlocked the girl as playable character.

Volimar

1wSkaw4.jpg

Back from my ban! Not that anyone here even noticed I was gone. Anyway here's Wonderwall...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Volimar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-2914F2D095F60A61 - Taken by MiniTaurus. 8 entrants total.
Flat Heroes -- MB-112C22354A4AB788 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Morphblade -- MB-A3632664CD830933 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Poly Bridge -- MB-DAF4D297CCB92664 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 6 entrants total.
RIVE -- MB-7B8899BEA6ED4CCB - Taken by Smeagol. 5 entrants total.

t1488897788z1.png

I haven't played MvC since the arcade.. I'm going to get slaughtered online aren't I? :D

Seriously, that's a lot of information. I knew the fanbase was going crazy for a new game, but I didn't realize they were THIS into the game.

I still have the Brady Games guide that I got with the game, nearly 600 pages.

Sajko

How long does it typically take for a pre-order refund to get on your steam wallet?

EDIT: 24 hours after their approval, assuming you bought it with Steam wallet. They usually approve it within an hour or two.

Just noticed you are dealing with pre-order. So that might not be correct, hopefully someone with similar experience can provide you with definitive answer.

zkylon

zkylewd
On the other hand, there are some side quests you can only find if you explore the game world. And some side quests only become available after certain story events. And since the side quest stories are generally better than the overarching plot I'd say it's still worth looking around Prague.
there's been a few i've found on my own but i didn't think they were good enough to warrant me go looking for them again

the ones i'm directed to i'll do, but ones like the sewer cult thing were super uninteresting, required me to go back and forth between areas which is super annoying and had zero payoff.

so idk, i like the story content so i'd rather miss out on content i feel is detracting from the parts i actually like about the game

There were a few times in my exploration of Prague that'd I'd come across areas that were clearly meant to be visited later. It'd have been nice if you could really sequence break the game and have the world react to that, but alas.

There's also a fair few side quests that you can only find through exploring Prague, and those offer some of the best content in the game.
yeah maybe if u could sequence break it it would be interesting, but as it stands, it feels really lame that one of the story missions is to like raid the bank and i already had done that on my own. ended up chosing the other option they gave me just to visit somewhere new

They didn't commit to the idea of penalties when you overclock. For small overclocks you just have vision glitches from time to time. The severity of this increases as you increase your overclock percentage but you only start losing augs at a very high overclock (something like 400-500% which basically means you have all experimental augs enabled).
Yeah, they needed to commit more to the penalties for overclocking.
I really liked the idea behind the overheating in Mankind Divided and wish they really committed to it, but it was immediately ruined because the moment it's introduced is the moment you get a sidequest to get a thing so you can bypass overheating entirely. Whoops.

But even without that, the penalties for overheating are almost non-existent in the first place. Missed opportunity, as the thing that brought me back to the original Deus Ex was the mutually exclusive aug choices, so I liked replaying it over and over in different configurations. With the Eidos-Montreal games, they play more generically in just letting you go willy nilly in what you want and to that end I just never have the same drive to them. Not to mention the general lack of interaction capable with the world space. It's all very pretty, but mostly static as well.
they really should've done more with the overheating, i thought that sounded like a really cool and interesting mechanic, specially that you had to give up augs fully? although when they explained it it sounded to me like you were gonna give up basic augs like seeing through walls and shit. that sounds really cool cos it creates interesting problems for the player and i can see there being very unique builds spawned off the limitations of that system

sadly they just brush it off before it's even a problem, i didn't invest on those experimental augs because i was still upgrading the basics, and now it's not even an issue

I feel like a lot of big budget games have this unfortunate commitment to "no consequences" gameplay where you can just do everything. Like, I haven't played DXMD, but no game has given me this feeling more than Rise of the Tomb Raider; it has a difficulty curve that only goes down. There's so many tools to use, but little to no reason to actually do anything with them.

It's gotta be a focus testing thing. It's like they want to have it both ways--a huge checklist of features and content, but with nothing that could possibly bother someone. It's like the game has to be made for that guy that always runs out of ammo, can't figure out where to go, or can never divine what to do when confronted with a wall.

...It bothers me.
mankind evolved is pretty decent with the interactability, the world has a lot of different ways of navigating it from breaking walls to going through vents to using biocells to activate machines to hacking to using multitools if ur hacking is bad to piling up stuff to climb something etc.

it's definitely the game's strongest and u can feel the dx1 roots in it, even if it's a bit washed down

what i find really disappointing is the ai is really stupid and doesn't like react to anything, you can just turn invisible on their faces and walk past them and loot their shit and they won't even flinch

the game also feels very unreactive, in dx1 it was a super cool moment that u got scolded for breaking into the women's bathroom, here it feels like there's not much of any of that sadly

Some official russian retailers are doing deep discounts for new preorders. Should i pull the trigger and preorder Prey 2017 for 24$? I'm a big fun of System Shock 2 and new Prey looks like it's spiritual successor so I'm tempting to buy it, but don't really want to preorder anything so far from release date.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2 -- MB-808D3C7C97EFD5C2 - Taken by PaulSane
Call of Tomsk-7 -- MB-AA83C2C5E3E76C0D - Taken by Press Turn
Desert Ashes -- MB-73B2D8528E41B85E - Taken by Phawx
Drew and the Floating Labyrinth -- MB-AE0BF61AB57F1D17 - Taken by Eila
Fatal Theory -- MB-4ECEA3299C018432 - Taken by Vuze
Gun Monkeys -- MB-23C5CD89640C7B1F - Taken by kulapik
Mind Dead -- MB-FA547FD754C6B1AA - Taken by Hakkelus
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-66D1F4BCF5BAC691 - Taken by Endruen
Primal Fears -- MB-C40B2EDE802337A1 - Taken by dave is ok
Realm of Perpetual Guilds -- MB-0BFD336D1958FED8 - Taken by Phawx
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-D8DD1FB72262662E - Taken by data

Tizoc

I'm still not sure what exactly this is about, but it looks cool.
Basically u help a living organism evolve and go on to build civilization or the like
I fo one will evolve my species into reptelian dinosaurs and evolve them from there

Ascheroth

Basically u help a living organism evolve and go on to build civilization or the like
I fo one will evolve my species into reptelian dinosaurs and evolve them from there
Apparently I hadn't watched the trailers yet, despite it being on my wishlist, haha.
But yeah, it sounds really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom