• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Astral Breakers -- MB-DB27DAFF5C18B813 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Black Sails: The Ghost Ship -- MB-ACEA1BC4554C0FE8 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus
Crystal Catacombs -- MB-3121E29CC546142E - Taken by tuxfool
DAMAGE CONTROL -- MB-84A040E24F03010E - Taken by Purkake4
Gem Wars: Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-96A84F9A99E27267 - Taken by voodooray
Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-ADA77E34B57EB488 - Taken by Hakkelus
Power of Love -- MB-22966763A402CEF7 - Taken by SunDimension24
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again -- MB-673B0044B460921D - Taken by Megauap
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-88E01A0AF75ACF01 - Taken by Purkake4
Sparkle 2 -- MB-EB207E6FD31CE208 - Taken by septicore
The Lady -- MB-3A24AAF3E5120454 - Taken by Kifimbo

voodooray

header_292x136.jpg

FYI, Syberia 2 is also Origins 'On The House' game today:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/syberia/syberia-2/standard-edition

Endruen

I'm not a fan of Amano myself, but the appeal in his style is quite apparent. The use of color and abstract look are quite enticing.
I really can't see the appeal. To each their own I guess.

Trashing Amano, SteamGAF, what have yer become

Hey, I'm not trashing, just stating my opinion. And that image you posted looks several times better than the Final Fantasy ones.

Wok

So Homefront: The Revolution - Freedom Fighter Bundle is $12 and comes with the new DLC. Is this a price error? SHould I grab it quick before it gets fixed?

Wait, Amazon had it for that price last year. Or not. DLC is complex.

I don't know.

4afUlRo.png

prudislav

So about the Atelier Firis game does the gameplay differ in any way compared to sophie, any improvements, changes? or is it more of the same just with new protag, new story and older Sophie?

Parsnip

I hadn't seen this art before but it's great!
Never been a fan of Amano, but that's probably one of his more likeable pieces.

All future FF projects need to have Akihiko Yoshida as the main artist though.

Now that I think about, what if Ghostlight's RPG is Eternal Sonata?
Eternal_Sonata.jpg
I was actually thinking that as one of the possibilities when Ross teased it last, but I doubt it's a game from a publisher who has a very strong presence on Steam on their own.
I guess it could be that Ghostlight would do the work and Bamco would publish, but eh. I don't see it.

The game was not developed by Bamco. In Asia (excluding Japan), Microsoft published it on the 360 apparently.
MS distributed it in some regions.

Why wouldn't namco Bandai publish their own shit?

Same reason why Ray Gigant was published by someone else instead of Bamco and if you look at the console side, Summon Night 6 and Gaijinworks. If it is Eternal Sonata, it isn't going to be a top seller so why waste resources on porting when you can license it to someone who can port it like Ghostlight and get some kind of money back.

Ascheroth

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
joPqMpQ.png

Now only 2 Nightmare runs remaining, but the most difficult one is done.
It sucks that Yunica devolves to fire-skill spamming in late game :/
I don't know what it is about Ys games, I usually am not much of a replay and highest difficulty person, but I could do this every day with Ys.
This marks my 7th playthrough of Origin <.<

Durante

I played Torment: Tides of Numenera for 10 hours today. If you are at all interested in this type of game, I very much recommend it. It's not without flaws, but it's a very rare treat.

gelf

goddamn Monthly games in regular bundles ;_;

I don't get this complaint, this is exactly what should happen. It would be really shitty of Humble if games which in previous years would have made it into regular bundles were suddenly only ever available through blind monthly buys.

Mivey

I played Torment: Tides of Numenera for 10 hours today. If you are at all interested in this type of game, I very much recommend it. It's not without flaws, but it's a very rare treat.
Does the text look weirdly blurry for you too? I am assuming this is a glitch on my end where the UI is not doing proper subpixel rendering. It's pretty much fixed if I downscale from 4K, but on 1080p it's very uncomfortable to look at.

Eternia

hmmmmm....and it would make sense to base it off the PS3 version since that version had the extra content and two more playable characters.......hmmmmm
And fixed economy I believe. The 360 version is so hilariously broken (among other things) that I still can't believe they actually released it in that state.

Durante

Does the text look weirdly blurry for you too? I am assuming this is a glitch on my end where the UI is not doing proper subpixel rendering. It's pretty much fixed if I downscale from 4K, but on 1080p it's very uncomfortable to look at.
I play at native 2560x1440 and the text is fine. It's not as sharp as, say, Windows UI text, but I have no problems with it.

Knurek

Is a pacifist run possible without some magician level cRPG knowledge?

Nzyme32

Pillars of Eternity 2 looks nice

Despite how conservative Pillars was in terms of doing much boundlessly new, it certainly sticks in my mind as one of the most cozy and enjoyable CRPGs I've played through. So I am looking forward to it a lot.

Meanwhile I'm delaying playing most things while I gradually claw through Planescape Torment in preparation for Tides of Numenera.

Press Turn

Neo Member
WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
joPqMpQ.png

Now only 2 Nightmare runs remaining, but the most difficult one is done.
It sucks that Yunica devolves to fire-skill spamming in late game :/
I don't know what it is about Ys games, I usually am not much of a replay and highest difficulty person, but I could do this every day with Ys.
This marks my 7th playthrough of Origin <.<

Luckily Hugo Nightmare is free due to shield and range.
its basically Ys 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom