• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-D397C7BDAB16C38C - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-BB60155E3210B84B - Taken by Dream_Journey. 7 entrants total.
Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks -- MB-1CDAE664D14A7078 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Day D: Tower Rush -- MB-C1D5338C8B968D81 - Taken by voodooray
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-012B405C15C2AD47 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Doodle God -- MB-EE37936FD2DAC142 - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Evertown -- MB-F5AB0893D0A812B6 - Taken by Abomination
Farnham Fables -- MB-B7D2BEC93DB42BCB - Taken by Kifimbo
Fort Defense -- MB-2AC4150A32D8DEDC - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat - Taken by ModBot - Taken by krczt23
Gnomes Garden -- MB-B6756246833CF88F - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-FAB48481A8E065CE - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-73999B3100866A9A - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.
Judgement -- MB-BAB84D3659FD8A7B - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-EED6DBD1A61EEC5D - Taken by Boss Doggie. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-585A984AEBFBB1CA - Taken by Costa1774. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-26DEAFF8430533D4 - Taken by duppolo. 9 entrants total.
Plantera -- MB-028C7D0A67398C03 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-D36A3CEA90ACBEAF - Taken by fuzzy123 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by krczt23
Royal Defense -- MB-3037C1238BA0E58F - Taken by Vuze
Runestone Keeper -- MB-98D924422C6489EC - Taken by Megauap
Solitaire Christmas. Match 2 Cards -- MB-31F87A0DB0BADB62 - Taken by Pachimari
Trouble In The Manor -- MB-6D8B07D226D80B62 - Taken by Camel Master. 3 entrants total.

t1488988695z1.png

PaulSane

Lol. I feel the same way about 24 hour raffles.
This gives the people actively present a better chance to win.

Some people, like myself, aren't present during "raffle prime-time" due to living on the opposite side of the earth to most of this thread's residents :p Equality for all!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Frictional Games changed the FB profile picture. Hmmm.
Soma Prequel?

I was going to say it feels a little too soon for another full-length game as opposed to an expansion, but Soma released just under a year-and-a-half ago now. Time flies.

Jadax

Why sacrifice the Pope to Satan when you can convert him to Satan's cause?

I've always wanted to try CK2, but never got around to buying it. Seems like something I'd be able to put a lot of hours into (and stop playing FM17 for a bit!)

zkylon

zkylewd
There's still a decent amount of game from that point, although getting around the city becomes a pain, which I was not a fan of.
i'm at a point where i have so much battery juice things that i can just invisible run through the city no problem so not super bummed about it :p

You guys are going to be so disappointed with me... but I rebought Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY on Xbox One.XD Mostly to play the DLC and have something until Mass Effect. I kind of can see all the hate now for the game, it is very MMORPG:Y and while I still like the game I kind of wanted a little more living world, now that we have Witcher 3.

I have to say thought, Dragon Age Keep is still such awesome idéa! I was able to import all choices and stuff from Dragon Age 1 and 2 into both PC and Xbox One version. That is so much suporioir to having to import savefiles. Steam should have something like built into Steam, that works across all games. Just imagine being able to see what you've done and choices you made in games throughout the years. If it would be built into Steam there would even be possible for any game to reference other games, thought that is still possible through achivements.
dude u do you

like whatever you like, no shame

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah thought the same. Any rumors surrounding FG?

Nah, but there is this blog post from last March:

Future
I mentioned above that a problem with SOMA is that it lies between two genres. Not only has this probably led to lost sales, it's also most likely the reason why SOMA cannibalized the Amnesia sales. The moment that SOMA came out, sales of Amnesia: The Dark Descent went down too, and has stayed down ever since. We saw the same happening when we released Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, but since SOMA is in many ways quite different from Amnesia, we thought it wouldn't happen this time. But it did, and the reason seems to be that people lump both titles under a "Current Horror From Frictional Games" label.

In order to combat this issue we're thinking about differentiating the games we make a bit more. So if we make another sci-fi game, we'll probably tone down the horror elements and make the sci-fi narrative more prominent. The reverse would be true if we made a new horror game. The idea is that this'll not only let us reach a new and wider audience, but also minimize the risk that people will mix up our games, and instead they'll see them as separate entities. With SOMA it feels we've made it clear that Frictional Games is not just about pure horror, and we want to take advantage of that and diversify the experiences we craft.

Related to the above is our new internal development strategy. For the first time in company history we're now developing two games at the same time. This will require non-trivial changes in how we manage the team, but in the end we're very sure it'll be worth it all. By having two projects going at the same time, we can release games at much higher frequency. In turn, this let us be more experimental as we don't have to rely as much on each new game being a big money generator. We're still in the early phases of this transition, but it's shaping up really well so far.

It sounds as though portfolio diversification is the primary goal, so I wouldn't be surprised if neither title is survival horror-oriented.

fenners

Did the latest Humble go down like a lead balloon or something? $1 for Valhalla Hills seems good though there are a hell of a lot of repeats so not sure if I'll push it to Turmoil, on my wishlist, let alone Verdun.

Turmoil's a lot of fun - it's a light economic engine builder, with some mechanisms in place to stop you from steamrolling ahead of the NPCs, and some nice tech tree upgrades. I dug it (pun intended).Presentation is simple & to the point, and captures the theme well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game -- MB-26502794B7277925 - Taken by illusionary
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-97B816CA4052117F - Taken by Press Turn
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-4F2600BC7AC23B27 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-0E527EEF52EB312F - Taken by redlacs
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-48A7A96E93D45122 - Taken by data
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-61C3415E7A2EE1B9 - Taken by Reverse Flash
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-6C638B626787A7C8 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-33B26E3BC0AC9209 - Taken by El Pollo Diablo
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-02FB0D89A5C08125 - Taken by Press Turn
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-2028E6DD17F46639 - Taken by FLD
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-D42E09A5F5685573 - Taken by texhnolyze
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-73B2D8528E41B85E - Taken by Phawx
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-C6F0D243EBE7E576 - Taken by bloke
Mystery Game #22 -- MB-6D7855E54CA86ED5 - Taken by Javier23
Mystery Game #23 -- MB-5D436FB21B4669C9 - Taken by Xanathus
Mystery Game #24 -- MB-BA6704CC4A440445 - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #25 -- MB-8F05A7A786B5B7D9 - Taken by chronomac
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-922C77291623DA0B - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-66BB2B07594EE312 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-6C66B4D0B1741CC0 - Taken by iosefe
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-ED3F7DB80E6DA5A2 - Taken by Camel Master
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-08409DEA1389FCC4 - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-24DA4A835536F4F4 - Taken by Volimar
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-7A38C2A15485F4D8 - Taken by Mackenzie 92

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Game #21 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

derFeef

Nah, but there is this blog post from last March:

It sounds as though portfolio diversification is the primary goal, so I wouldn't be surprised if neither title is survival horror-oriented.

Thanks for the digging :)
I guess a prequel could totally be in another genre, or with less horror and stalking enemies. I could totally see FG making a Gone Home - like game. They have the narrative skills for sure.

Momentary

Banned
no, it's not locked at 60 fps, but as you will struggle to get 60 fps, no matter how good your PC is, that's really irrelevant.

edited: I might be exaggerating a little here, it probably runs just fine on high end GPUs.

edit2: btw, someone from KT have seen your post about music DLC
gMqcyNL.jpg

you are a cool steamgafer!

Atelier 4K on Sophie it ran at 144FPS. At 4K here the game has no AA and uses the same engine, but I get 70-80 FPS.

How did they take a giant leap backwards?

Durante

Isn't it also locked to 60 fps, whereas Sophie happily ran at any framerate you could imagine?
No. It runs at arbitrary framerates, they are just arbitrarily half of what they should be.

no, it's not locked at 60 fps, but as you will struggle to get 60 fps, no matter how good your PC is, that's really irrelevant.
That's an overstatement though. it runs at ~ 100 FPS here on a 1080 at 2560x1440.

Parsnip

Refund money still pending, come on Steam. I figured that choosing steam wallet as refund target would have sped up the process to couple of hours or something.

Hohum.

Lain

Amazon alerted me that my physical copy of Nier is soon to enter shipping. In the end the Yoshida's reversible cover won out.

Javier23

Banned
Wow, i hope so!
Gonna play anything they put out, even though I've lost much hope that they'll ever get as experimental as they did with SOMA. I read they wanted to go for both purely narrative experiences as well as more horror-focused (aka jumpscare fests) Amnesia-type of games since the odd hybrid that SOMA is ended up hurting them. So I expect if this is indeed a new project it will probably be the first type of game, based in the SOMA universe, though I'd very much rather they left it alone though. SOMA doesn't need a prequel nor a sequel, it's perfect as it is, move onto sth new.

Tizoc

dlgamer, gamersgate, and that one other site, starting with f I think, can't remember a name atm
oh and bundlestars too
Funstock right?
I cant seem to access their store anymore did they close down? The others i can access without issues

Nzyme32

The game is looking pretty good though at least.

Yeah. Quite liking the increased scale and focus on variability over just another sequel. I got fairly bored of both Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max since it felt a lot like mindless busy work though admitedly I was having more fun with SoM and got more interested in other things. I really liked the nemesis system, so building upon that should be good

Gonna play anything they put out, even though I've lost much hope that they'll ever get as experimental as they did with SOMA. I read they wanted to go for both purely narrative experiences as well as more horror-focused (aka jumpscare fests) Amnesia-type of games since the odd hybrid that SOMA is ended up hurting them. So I expect if this is indeed a new project it will probably be the first type of game, based in the SOMA universe, though I'd very much rather they left it alone though. SOMA doesn't need a prequel nor a sequel, it's perfect as it is, move onto sth new.

I actually agree with you. They said there is more than one project, probably one of them about SOMA. Universe was so cool and they gave so much effort (and money) for it, so they can use that and i think there is so much potential. (hope will not be jumpscare fest for sure, Soma consistency was good for me)

Parsnip

Shadow of Wardor seems like an improvement over Mordor, but it's hard to say how the army actually plays into it beyond random cutscenes of some orc in blue armor doing a thing? You are clearly still overpowered as hell, so do you actually need an army at all?

Rizzi

I regret buying Ghost Recon Wildlands outside Steam. Game runs like a turd on my pc, and it's also not that fun. Live and learn I guess! :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom