• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Firis like nearly the double the price of Sophie actually?

Firis is a day and date release with the PS4 version. Sophie came a few months late.

On a somewhat related note, Ubisoft just doubled the price of their new games in my region. They are basically the last big publisher to abandon regional pricing after 2K, Bethesda, Warner, Square Enix and non-Steam Microsoft and EA. Sad times for me.

Arthea

Firis talk
now when I've seen how fast time passes in a game, that time limit is Rorona's level of scary. And some hard decisions have to be made, should I stay in certain location until I do all sidequests and discover all recipes, or there is no time for everything and I need to move on fast.

Why is Firis like nearly the double the price of Sophie actually?

not double, 6 times the size of Sophie, which is rather strange

Phawx

PSA

Gamemaker Studio was removed from Steam.

If you bought the humble bundle previously, you can go to your yoyo account and add Steam keys if you haven't already.

To the Marvel modders: is it possible to mod Arcade Mode to allow another player to join in by pressing start on the 2P controller? I ask because this option is available in SF4, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue, but not (obviously not in SFV because there's no Arcade Mode) Marvel.

I always liked the idea of someone being able to pick up a controller and immediately interrupt, mainly because it takes me back to the Arcade days. So, is this within the realm of possibility?

Genki

Never go full anime.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils -- MB-4C2C51E20233C765 - Taken by Sammichu. 6 entrants total.
Diadra Empty -- MB-93C2D67E67F56687 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.

GundeadliGne -- MB-43FC0BA02F83A80E - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-4D355E3B03D9E32D - Taken by Valxal. 3 entrants total.
Hitogata Happa -- MB-EFC6994056876FDE - Taken by sixteen-bit. 3 entrants total.
Suguri Collection (Suguri Plus Acceleration of Suguri) -- MB-8AA83EE994CE4658 - Taken by fuzzy123. 6 entrants total.

t1489024570z1.png

Press Turn

Neo Member
To the Marvel modders: is it possible to mod Arcade Mode to allow another player to join in by pressing start on the 2P controller? I ask because this option is available in SF4, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue, but not (obviously not in SFV because there's no Arcade Mode) Marvel.

I always liked the idea of someone being able to pick up a controller and immediately interrupt, mainly because it takes me back to the Arcade days. So, is this within the realm of possibility?

Huh, thats weird.
That feature is on console versio-
wait no that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
I...I kinda want that on steam too.

That is really weird how MvC3 doesn't have that when TvC predates it by 3 years

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hsien-Ko with Wolverine moves is...kinda of awesome because of her giant claw hands :eek:

xezuru

Logan makes me want to play as X-23 in Marvel but I can't financially justify double dipping on it :(. How's the port of it anyways? I assume the framestutter stuff from playstation shits are gone, any improvement to netcode shrug.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Logan makes me want to play as X-23 in Marvel but I can't financially justify double dipping on it :(. How's the port of it anyways? I assume the framestutter stuff from playstation shits are gone, any improvement to netcode shrug.

Wait, is X-23 even in MvC3?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm trying to avoid watching too much extended gameplay but I'm curious about one thing. The last few trailers had a... concerning amount of "jokes" in them. I mean completely out of place pop-culture references, like a Buzz Lightyear quote. From what you've seen, does it look like the actual game is full of that kinda stuff? I'm kind of hoping it was just for the trailers because it was pretty off-putting...

I mean, it's not like Styx 1 was some big serious game or anything but it still felt pretty out of place to me. :/

They seem to be contextual but only occasional. In the ~one-hour video I watched, the Tarzan line was uttered once, when the player first jumped from a swinging rope, and Buzz Lightyear one twice (once when first using a zipline and again when using one later in the level).

They're using the same levels from the original? I never played that one, but I played Monster World IV...that was a blast. Hard to imagine its predecessors were that plain...

Yeah. With the retro toggle, you can play through a carbon copy of the Master System version if you so desire.

Ah, that's a shame. I thought it pre-dated EA's discontinuance of Steam support, so there was a chance they might upload it.

It did. It was a December 2009 release (EA doubled down on Origin in mid-2011) and uploaded at the same time as a bunch of other EA stuff, after NFS: Shift but before the also-unreleased FIFA 10.

xezuru

I'm having trouble controlling Rocket. I'm a button-masher, but I'm also trying to figure out special attacks via experience, and Rocket is tricky in that regard.
I've always been told if you can't figure out that last spot in a MvC3 team, Ryu.

Ryu isn't terrible, Akuma could probably fit any comp and is similar, Wesker is a super easy and powerful anchor with xfactor but his assist is devalued because you already have possible otg assist from deadpool. Wolverine as potential starter. Dante is known to be great with Ammy, Virgil can fit anywhere to milage may very per execution and style on DMC's though.

Huh, thats weird.
That feature is on console versio-
wait no that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
I...I kinda want that on steam too.

That is really weird how MvC3 doesn't have that when TvC predates it by 3 years

Well, I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one who wants that feature!! I started thinking I was weird for a second.

My guess is it was included in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom because it originated as an Arcade game. Marvel 3 was a console game, so Capcom probably felt it wasn't necessary to include that feature. It just feels funny playing a fighting game without seeing the "PRESS START" notification on 2P side. I really hope this option is possible through modding. I just like it.

There was even a PC modded Street Fighter X Tekken that had the "INSERT COINS" option despite it being a console only game. Something like that would be cool as well.

Ryu isn't terrible, Akuma could probably fit any comp and is similar, Wesker is a super easy and powerful anchor with xfactor but his assist is devalued because you already have possible otg assist from deadpool. Wolverine as potential starter. Dante is known to be great with Ammy, Virgil can fit anywhere to milage may very per execution and style on DMC's though.

My Deadpool assist is Katana-Rama.

Thanks for the pointers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
remind me, is the slugcat game also a metroidvania, or its more of a level based thing?

Press Turn

Neo Member
Rocket Racoon kinda goes off on his own direction.
He's pretty small, has a lot of traps, and doesn't have much health. So you kinda don't wanna be in their face.

Deadpool is decent all around and Ammy has that projectile game on lock, so choices are pretty good. Just feel around the roster.

Pick Spencer and X-Factor Bionic Arm

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't Deadpool, X-23, and Wolverine's health bars slowly regenerate?

I believe that all characters who are tagged out at the moment will regen red life, so you kinda get that there. Also any character that uses X-Factor gets to regen life (red or not), I think.

Actually refilling life would probably be too broken, even though yes those characters have healing powers in the comic books.

I believe that all characters who are tagged out at the moment will regen red life, so you kinda get that there. Also any character that uses X-Factor gets to regen life (red or not), I think.

Actually refilling life would probably be too broken, even though yes those characters have healing powers in the comic books.

Not 100% sure about 3, but in the older games Wolverine's red health would regen even while he was tagged in.

Wolverine's health bar did that in Marvel Super Heroes, I believe. He actually had a healing special in X-Men COTA. He always seemed to heal much faster when tagged out in the classic VS games as well.

My guess is they just did away with the concept.

Not 100% sure about 3, but in the older games Wolverine's red health would regen even while he was tagged in.

When a character is not active they regenerate red health. The only game where he had a healing factor was in X-men Children of the Atom. In Marvel Super Heroes when Wolverine used the Soul Gem his health regenerated faster than everyone else.

Tizoc

Forbalance purposes they do not, so like other characters they heal while taggednout
However in marvel super heroes wolverine cam regenerate a small portion of his health

Corpekata

Banned
Probably means an option to turn black bars off in whatever game you're talking about, like how it was patched into The Evil Within.

Wok

Probably means an option to turn black bars off in whatever game you're talking about, like how it was patched into The Evil Within.

I mean, where is the verb in the sentence? I get the words too and try to make some sense out of it, but I don't get the syntax. My best guess is that "is" is is an abbreviation for something else.

It is from NMS' update page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom