• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

BS2H1nJ.png

According to Enhanced Steam, GameBillet sells the cheapest Yooka (31.60€). Do you think Yooka will get any cheaper before its release on April 11?

Also, is GameBillet so reliable that it would provide the Steam keys on day one? Otherwise, I could buy the game for 34€ on Humble Store (thanks to 10% monthly discount + 5% to wallet).

"Is" is a mistake, they meant "it"

Thanks. I cannot believe I did not think about that one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
According to Enhanced Steam, GameBillet sells the cheapest Yooka (31.60€). Do you think Yooka will get any cheaper before its release on April 11?

A couple of resellers are offering it for a few euros less, but other than that, no.

Nzyme32

Jesus... lost track of time while playing Hollow Knight. Absolutely hooked to it. Dare I say I might be enjoying Hollow Knight more than Super Metroid (although they aren't as comparable due the difference of time and what was thought up). Easily one of my favourite games in a long time. I'm really happy that the game is also quite large. If you love Super Metroid, but want something much longer, with a genuinely original spin on things, beautifully fusing elements from multiple games into a cohesive set of game mechanics, lore, exploration, progression, skill, absolutely stellar atmosphere and soundtrack - man, its all here!

Buy Hollow Knight already!

4jpGF8b.png

What does that mean?

iast1NU.png

Nzyme32 happy.

dF93uZT.png

Nabs happy.

Neat. One day I might end up getting the game when the price justifies it.

You already know.

Also, shoutouts to Ubisoft for pushing the API so hard. It seems that Ghost Recon has full SCAPI support.

Darksiders Remastered got Native support today as well: http://steamcommunity.com/games/462780/announcements/detail/590374589686100260

Just read about the Darksiders thing, will definitely check it out since I still haven't played it.

Parsnip

Are the 2d assets in Firis still lower quality than the ps4 version or did they fix it for the new game?

Yes, seems so, it's a shame.
But I think it's barely noticeable if you play on a tv at a normal viewing distance.

edit: Also that NMS update seems pretty neat.
Steam workshop integration for base sharing, ultra res textures, hbao, hdr, photomode (HG worked with DeadEndThrills to implement/improve it), lots of QoL stuff.

I might buy it at some point when it comes out of early access.

gelf

Jesus... lost track of time while playing Hollow Knight. Absolutely hooked to it. Dare I say I might be enjoying Hollow Knight more than Super Metroid (although they aren't as comparable due the difference of time and what was thought up). Easily one of my favourite games in a long time. I'm really happy that the game is also quite large. If you love Super Metroid, but want something much longer, with a genuinely original spin on things, beautifully fusing elements from multiple games into a cohesive set of game mechanics, lore, exploration, progression, skill, absolutely stellar atmosphere and soundtrack - man, its all here!

Buy Hollow Knight already!

Agreed. Hollow Knight is fantastic, really up there with my favourite 2D games on Steam. Definitely looking like my favourite Metroidvania unless something goes wrong in the late game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Agreed. Hollow Knight is fantastic, really up there with my favourite 2D games on Steam. Definitely looking like my favourite Metroidvania unless something goes wrong in the late game.

It only gets better because you can play it like your garden variety meteoidvania, but tye amount of hidden and obscure stuff in that game especially to get the true ending is Souls level of "it needs community interaction to figure out".

I find it very hard to believe that any game will surpass it this year as goty, I havent liked a game that much since the first Dark Souls.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game -- MB-26502794B7277925 - Taken by illusionary
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-5D436FB21B4669C9 - Taken by Xanathus
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-BA6704CC4A440445 - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-D6852AD22D83BABA - Taken by Coldsun
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-8C4406B24BFC5FDA - Taken by Sarcasm
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-119BC7B43B4A3029 - Taken by Zeeman
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-2B454724CEE502C2 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-922C77291623DA0B - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-66BB2B07594EE312 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-6C66B4D0B1741CC0 - Taken by iosefe
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-08409DEA1389FCC4 - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-97B816CA4052117F - Taken by Press Turn
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-6C638B626787A7C8 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-2028E6DD17F46639 - Taken by FLD
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-D42E09A5F5685573 - Taken by texhnolyze

I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed a Metroidvania-style game despite it being something I thought I would've liked. Same thing goes for Souls-like games too as well.

I hope M&BII does not suck outside of combat. A scenario system where you are just dropped in certain battle would be pretty cool.

I murdered a lot of people before they nerfed lance couching.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lit is a pretty bad PC port.

- huge huge menus but no mouse support
- non-reconfigurable controls with unintuitive keyboard defaults
- esc doesn't bring up menu, enter does
- unskippable intro
- unskippable end of level animations
- pressing exit from main menu doesn't exit
- only 16 levels (~40 minutes of content)
- no achievements
- no cloud saves
- no leaderboards despite per-level par times

animation looks good though.

-Deimos

Lit is a pretty bad PC port.

- huge huge menus but no mouse support
- non-reconfigurable controls with unintuitive keyboard defaults
- esc doesn't bring up menu, enter does
- unskippable intro
- unskippable end of level animations
- pressing exit from main menu doesn't exit
- only 16 levels (~40 minutes of content)
- no achievements
- no cloud saves
- no leaderboards despite per-level par times

animation looks good though.

So it's not lit?

Sorry

Echoplx

There's no way to see what games use the Steam Controller API is there? Any game that supports it jumps right up to the top of my buy list.

Man, I knew Atelier Firis was gonna be bigger than Sophie but the game feels massive once you leave the first town. A bit overwhelming
with a stupid time limit pressuring me to move along.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i feel like what i want from mount and blade 2 is more stuff besides fighting, cos that's where a lot of the emergent storytelling came from and i have so many awesome stories of crazy shit happening that had nothing to do with the combat

the combat is key as well but the thing i want most is more npc and faction shit

also i hope it has bad voiceacting

zkylon

zkylewd
my brother's girlfriend's from bolivia, i was thinking of showing her ghost recon wildlands to get her take on it

it's probably offensive in levels i didn't even knew existed

Maybe, but none of those games have the sheer scale of M&B. Hundreds of soldiers per side.

Kind of going for different things, plus they don't have near the budget of either of those.

Yeah, I know. That's what make M&B special.

But still, the art style is just so painfully generic. I think it's not a matter of technical capabilities of the devs.

Or maybe it's intended as well? As in going for realistic look. But my point still stands, it doesn't look impressive.

Ghazi

Got my CODE in the mail last week, even though they're obviously not for gaming I'm really warming up to these MX Clears.

This is the Devil's Playhouse game. MonkeyBot let me down and said I didn't have it. Oh well, it's a hard name to parse, I guess.

Thanks go to FLD!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sam & Max -- MB-3E57E0A9A14A825E - Taken by Lobogris

That "would you drop console gaming for PC gaming" thread got randomly bumped and man those replies. I get if you prefer consoles but some people reply so angrily like it was an insult to ask.

Backlogger

That "would you drop console gaming for PC gaming" thread got randomly bumped and man those replies. I get if you prefer consoles but some people reply so angrily like it was an insult to ask.

I'm kind of a "Why not both" kind of guy. It's expensive but I don't miss out on any exclusives that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom