• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

Finished 100%'ing Hollow Knight yesterday, haven't gone in that hard on a game since HLD. A few of the fights are brutal for sure. I love the world and lore and how you can uncover it as you go through. I do wish there was a little more on certain aspects of the world but maybe there'll be DLC or a game 2 or something.

It's funny, my brother bought FF15 and said he liked the combat. I told him to try out the Nier demo, now he hasn't felt like going back to FF15 and plans to buy Nier lol.

Bayo would like a word with you, preferably in the dark alley
Too gimmicky, some awkward pacing, the boss fights are mostly bland
aside from Jeane
, it's a fairly ugly game, and also has some pretty terrible collectibles/secrets (seriously, some of them are just "hey now backtrack through the entire empty level to the very start because we just arbitrarily decided to spawn the thing now").

Ninja Gaiden Black is where it's at.

Bayo > Revengeance
Nuh.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

115b228427.png

5d9905791d.png

The numbers don't lie ;)

Jawmuncher

Come on Jaw, this is absurd.

Indie devs don't have overhead and deadlines like a fully staffed studio does. Platinum took some contracts to keep the company afloat that they knew they could churn out quickly with a small budget.

Lol, I was only being half serious. I know it was budget that mainly screwed those games over. I still wish they could've overcome it a bit more. They seemed to manage to with transformers at least.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-034AFC3F1A1FE337 - Taken by NeoRaider
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-AA1C0D1CD8DA12CE - Taken by Loptous
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-A4403396CB9B9111 - Taken by gurm3n
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-C9D620294355E4D0 - Taken by MiniTaurus
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-4F8906CFF2EFD056 - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-FA547FD754C6B1AA - Taken by Hakkelus
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-BE4F90CAFC530B5C - Taken by JCG
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-34EBB3BF2E612297 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-8692EDA69D1B7845 - Taken by Monooboe
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-4DFCF597351FF458 - Taken by Lashley
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-2F0118C4A4D050A6 - Taken by Wok
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-73246368D1A31518 - Taken by Hektor
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-21090C72F34EC002 - Taken by aqws
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-705FE39ABFFA923B - Taken by data
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-EE678D456D01726C - Taken by Zeeman

If a developer you like makes a game that isn't good you can always blame it on the budget or the B-team. It's the GAF way. Can't let the flames of reality singe the hallowed temple of the dev studio :p

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
"Sci-fi not but really"? Yeah, right, if they don't have energy weapons and talk in weird jargon then it's not proper Science Fiction.

There are "transdimensional" carriers that you explore at some point (Yo, it's a spaceship dude). You go through portals to other worlds. The game is about as much science fiction as post-apocalypse. It's a really wonderful setting.

Durante is right when he says that the best part of the game is the setting. It's something that I haven't seen much in games recently (weird sci-fi), and it mimics the thing that made the original Torment so great -- the weird Planescape setting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
in my teenage years I cut my teeth on quake 3 arena

I just blind bought Reflex Arena. Am I going to be disappointed?

It's probably a solid game at its core, but its active player base is virtually non-existent.

You can tell this is a B-Team spindoctor post.

Don't blame me, I'm on a budget!

in my teenage years I cut my teeth on quake 3 arena

I just blind bought Reflex Arena. Am I going to be disappointed?

I checked the game today. Couldn't find more than 25 odd people playing the game in total with a couple of servers per continent at best. They've translated CPMA well but there's nobody playing.

Nier was almost 50GB on PS4. It'll definitely get a preload on Steam.

OmarYusaf

Kinda. Aren't those gun sprites lifted from some other FPSes, though? They for some reason look familiar.

I don't know. How unique can mp5s and ak47s get anyway, I wouldn't be able to tell.

It says its made in unreal engine. Maybe they made 3d models and "spritified" them.

Amzin

Transformers is my favorite Platinum game but MG was alright. Never played Bayo because not on PC :p

Edit: Probably card money or something

zkylon

zkylewd
Why is Hotline Miami 2 so much less fun than the first one?

I don't think I ever actually rage quit while playing the first one but I've done it twice so far with the 2nd. There was a point early on where I was thinking 'If this was a random no-name bundle fodder game, I'd have retired it by now.'

I'd tentatively chalk it up to the emphasis on gunplay and how often you get shot dead from the extreme edge of vision as opposed to the first ones emphasis on melee and thrown weapons. I switched the look key to spacebar because I was holding it down so much as shift my pinky finger was getting tired. I'd also say the levels being bigger, longer, and having more floors makes them inherently more frustrating to get through--in the first one you'd often get killed by the last enemy on a stage and have to do it over again and again, but it didn't feel nearly as frustrating a waste of time as it does here because the better you got the faster you could do a floor. You could risk your life for clearing a room quickly and not be too put out if it didn't work the first few times, and it'd be satisfying when it did.

In HM2 it just generally feels like you have a lot less variety of options in how you'll tackle a floor, and because guns are so immediately deadly you spend a lot of time kiting enemies into doorways. In the same vein, I can't say I'm fond of so many levels picking your character for you and having weapons you can't drop. The level design doesn't really feel like it keeps pace with that design decision. Oh, and then there's the ambiguity about what counts as a wall, a table you can shoot over, and stuff that's just a starkly different colored floor for some reason.

Always weird to play a sequel that feels like it could have been the first in the series and the actual first game was the refined successor.
i feel like they didn't really 'get' why hm1 was great, they had to up the stakes for the sequel and they did it both in gameplay and narrative and really went off the mark on both

gunplay and getting killed by off screen enemies is definitely not fun and all the lore expanding they did just filled a lot of gaps that were better left up to players' imaginations

hm2 is such an incredible disappointment

Shilling a friend's review here. Now, you might say it certainly doesn't sound mindblowing, but I will say that the guy gets easily bored with predictable stories and games, and is really into RPGs (has been for years). :)
yea i probably didn't word my thoughts right, but the game just failed to grab me from the start

i backed i cos i think a torment sequel is a thing that's cool that it happens but i wasn't ever hooked on anything they showed

FWIW, I played it for almost 30 hours so far and only had 1 crash and 1 minor bug I encountered. A few UI things could be improved, but the vast majority of the game is dialogues and that works pretty well ;)
i was mostly worried about UX stuff since wasteland 2 is a nightmare in that regard. everything takes like twice as many button presses and clicks than it shoulds, the UI looks really bad and is hard to navigate and read, things like that, and i didn't find the core gameplay loop as compelling as dead state's or pillars' to just fight through it

i hear they improved a lot in their big update but haven't gone back to test it

"Sci-fi not but really"? Yeah, right, if they don't have energy weapons and talk in weird jargon then it's not proper Science Fiction.
idk why u took it in a derogativatory way, i was just saying that it was sci-fi ish, and i didn't enjoy its brand of sci-fi ish

Bayo > Revengeance
no doubt, bayonetta is a fantastic game, revengeance is pretty mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom