• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Xelios used to do giveaways similar to this...Guess who just started posting again?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

How is it possible for ModBot to still be active after the numerous Mystery giveaways and NieR pun giveaways? Did Stump crammed a human heart into the robit?

To celebrate.
ModBot said:
Instructions for longlivegaming:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (longlivegaming, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!! -- MB-B0FDF0735A7BF5A6 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 60 entrants total.

t1489104975z1.png
Edit: Looks like I celebrated too early. :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery gift -- MB-962878055BD3FE90 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Nabs

If anyone wants to play some Marvel against someone who is completely new at the game, hit me up. I have 3 hours of button mashing under my belt.

Also, the new Darksiders Remastered Steam Controller patch is fantastic. I hope they can do something about the second game. I really want to play it.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

K7GXagI.png

Mystery gift -- MB-962878055BD3FE90 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Here is what I got:

You win Mystery gift!

The key for Mystery gift is mys-te-ry -- Pass along the generosity and give away your own extra keys some day.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That'd be an incredibly shitty thing to do. Can't a mod log into modbot and find out who made the fakegiveaway if that's the case?

Yeah that's terrible. Didn't even give a key, just faked it, lol.

Parsnip

If anyone wants to play some Marvel against someone who is completely new at the game, hit me up. I have 3 hours of button mashing under my belt.

Also, the new Darksiders Remastered Steam Controller patch is fantastic. I hope they can do something about the second game. I really want to play it.

Once upon a time they alluded to on twitter that once Darksiders was in top shape, Kaiko would take a look at the second game as well. I guess we'll see if that happens.

Nabs

Once upon a time they alluded to on twitter that once Darksiders was in top shape, Kaiko would take a look at the second game as well. I guess we'll see if that happens.

Ooh. Thanks! I was worried because Kaiko wasn't listed on the store page.

Adnor

Banned
Here is what I got:

What an ass.

Once I won a mystery giveaway that was DLC for who-knows-what-game, so I'm sure it was also a "I want to enter raffles but don't want to look like an asshole so I'll be a secret asshole".

(I really don't know the game the DLC is from because Steam doesn't activate it without the game in my library)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That'd be an incredibly shitty thing to do. Can't a mod log into modbot and find out who made the fakegiveaway if that's the case?

Mods can't (ModBot giveaways have nothing to do with GAF moderation at all). The people who have audit access to ModBot might be able to, but I'm not sure if the debug log has the right information to be able to confirm it. I can -- obviously I can see everything. Regardless, I would encourage people not to get into a mob over it. One possibility is that it's someone trying to fake their way into qualifying for a giveaway. Another possibility is that it's a joke or troll. Not a great one, admittedly. But I'd rather not go after anyone unless there's a pattern of abuse.

I can confirm that the person that created that giveaway hasn't won any of the big-ticket items.

louiedog

Mods can't (ModBot giveaways have nothing to do with GAF moderation at all). The people who have audit access to ModBot might be able to, but I'm not sure if the debug log has the right information to be able to confirm it. I can -- obviously I can see everything. Regardless, I would encourage people not to get into a mob over it. One possibility is that it's someone trying to fake their way into qualifying for a giveaway. Another possibility is that it's a joke or troll. Not a great one, admittedly. But I'd rather not go after anyone unless there's a pattern of abuse.

Could it be removed from their giveaway creation status? Regardless of the intention that seems appropriate.

Anno

I'm glad others are apparently as determined as I am to get Hollow Knight onto SteamGAFs top 10 list. It's definitely deserving.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

I can confirm that the person that created that giveaway hasn't won any of the big-ticket items.

Fair enough! Not like it deserves the death penalty or anything, just seemed strange to fake a giveaway and not even include a key at all.

Parsnip

Ooh. Thanks! I was worried because Kaiko wasn't listed on the store page.

Lets hope. I can't find the tweet right now but I don't think it was a promise as such, so I guess we'll see. I imagine the source code left by gunfire games is in good enough condition that they could probably tackle some of the bigger issues at least. SCAPI is probably an easy thing to implement in comparison to some of the other issues that remaster still apparently has.

edit: Actually it might have been this tweet from November about them working on a DX11 stuff for DS2 DE. Not specifically mentioning Kaiko, but I doubt it would be Gunfire either.

Fingers crossed.

Kiru

I just randomly F5'd the thread for maybe the second time today. Such a damn surprise. Thank you so much (you know who you are :D) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom