• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

I wonder if anyone's ever dared to make a bait and switch raffle replacing sought-after titles with Bad Rats or similar.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
How long is the "cooldown" for giveaways?
When you win a game in giveaway, you can't win another one for... 24h? Or less?

As far as not being able to win if they use rules related to winning in the past, it depends on which of the rules the creator of the giveaway uses. There are:

NOWINNERSDAILY
This makes it so that people who have won within the last day are not eligible.

NOWINNERSMONTHLY
This makes it so that people who have won within a month are not eligible.

NOWINNERSWEEKLY
This makes it so that people who have won within a week are not eligible.

NeoRaider

There is no general cooldown. As far as not being able to win if they use rules related to winning in the past, it depends on which of the rules the creator of the giveaway uses. There are:

NOWINNERSDAILY

NOWINNERSMONTHLY

NOWINNERSWEEKLY

And if he/she doesn't use any??
Because i think that i entered few times for games that weren't taken, but never got PM, or anything. Lol

Edit: Oh then there is something wrong with these giveaways.

Edit 2:

There's also min. 15min cooldown and it gets longer as you win more (this applies to all non trash giveaways).

Oh that's what i wanted to know. Thanks.
Wasn't aware of this rule.

madjoki

There is no general cooldown. As far as not being able to win if they use rules related to winning in the past, it depends on which of the rules the creator of the giveaway uses. There are:

NOWINNERSDAILY

NOWINNERSMONTHLY

NOWINNERSWEEKLY

There's also min. 15min cooldown and it gets longer as you win more (this applies to all non trash giveaways).

I'm glad others are apparently as determined as I am to get Hollow Knight onto SteamGAFs top 10 list. It's definitely deserving.

I just played about an hour of it and it's great so far. The combination of the art and the music create a creepy yet cute atmosphere.
The enemies in this game are probably the cutest things i've fought in a video game ever...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fair enough! Not like it deserves the death penalty or anything, just seemed strange.

Yes it is strange.

Let me put it this way -- there are enough people with audit access to ModBot that if they all independently agreed to PERMABLOCK the person responsible, the person would end up on the BLACKLIST, and then most sensible givers of mid-high value items should be using the BLACKLIST. So I view this as a problem that can solve itself along those lines.

It looks like the current audit list is:
Stumpokapow, MRORANGE, Grief.Exe, JaseC, Nirolak, Kabouter, charlequin, jshackles, Dusk Golem, and morningbus

And while I don't specify how the BLACKLIST gets calculated from PERMABLOCK, a reasonable subset of people on that list could accomplish it on their own. I am extremely reluctant to intertwine ModBot giveaways and moderation so unless it's a situation like that guy bragging about scamming everyone and then insulting The_Monk, I'm probably not going to intervene beyond that.

Correct. 15 minutes between all wins (garbage dump might be exempted) by default, and depending on what you've won in the last week the timer will creep up to a few hours and then eventually almost a day. I won't say how many wins it takes to get the timer bumped up, but it's enough that no one should be complaining. There's also a separate restriction for some of the all-time biggest winners to discourage people entering for everything all the time -- I won't discuss what that restriction is but everything is all balanced to reward contributors and punish abusers.

I wonder if anyone's ever dared to make a bait and switch raffle replacing sought-after titles with Bad Rats or similar.

Someone made a Dark Souls 3 giveaway when it was new and it turned out to be a shitty prank. But then a few folks from this thread pooled some money and bought the winner of the raffle a copy of the game anyway.

Deques

Someone made a Dark Souls 3 giveaway when it was new and it turned out to be a shitty prank. But then a few folks from this thread pooled some money and bought the winner of the raffle a copy of the game anyway.

Wasn't the well known infamous April's fool prank from last year?

shockdude

At the very least, do we know that the "mystery" key giver did so just to enter a "givers-only" giveaway

Edit: nvm, Stump implied the guy entered those givers-only giveaways. Correct me if I'm wrong.

NeoRaider

ModBot said:
Instructions for NeoRaider:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Valhalla Hills -- MB-6C8770BA77C22206 - Taken by purseowner. 4 entrants total.
Legends of Eisenwald -- MB-A06208564E769F2B - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.

t1489096961z1.png

Well it's not NieR, but HB leftovers. Sorry, lol. XD

Deques

The worst thing with giveaways is despite that I won Hollow Knight I still wanted to win Neir a tomato. I hate being greedy :p

do cdkeys.com keys still work on steam even if the game is region-locked in my region? i want to buy nier there.

Yeah the key will work, but since there's no pre-order bonus being offered there, you might as well wait and see what happens when people start getting their keys and redeem them. cdkeys prices go up slightly (a dollar or two) near launch and then go down again a few days later so there's no real risk in waiting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game -- MB-726ADB0D88D96318 - Taken by Phawx
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-0484B19E953F0F04 - Taken by Vazra
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-0DD3EFA02BD268CC - Taken by Snakethesniper
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-8EBB25D62E1258DE - Taken by kulapik
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-D083A0DDE72FBFB1 - Taken by spindoctor
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-4783503F0B205D62 - Taken by bbd23
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-603CF2757FCDD7E5 - Taken by Nabs
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-2717BA4D0DB98C60 - Taken by Nabae
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-833B33C54353EAAA - Taken by Ascheroth
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-270B77697C66EA96 - Taken by Hektor
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-F7A2CC05816119A8 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-2BEFD5CFFE76F191 - Taken by White Wolf
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-3BEED579256DAAB4 - Taken by Megauap
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-8D8AE9523BD41F05 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-81A685748B4CB728 - Taken by Adnor
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-61C25EB35468F4EC - Taken by Deques
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-E423E0269561986F - Taken by iosefe
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-804274CDD924E9C4 - Taken by prudislav
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-3ADEE73F8BF969C7 - Taken by TetraxShards
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-87923F82B871C959 - Taken by tt7n4
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-9272C9C2C3F6A53F - Taken by 73V3N

kulapik

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game #11 -- MB-0DD3EFA02BD268CC
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-8EBB25D62E1258DE
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-D083A0DDE72FBFB1
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-4783503F0B205D62
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-603CF2757FCDD7E5
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-833B33C54353EAAA
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-270B77697C66EA96
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-3BEED579256DAAB4
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-8D8AE9523BD41F05
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-81A685748B4CB728
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-61C25EB35468F4EC
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-E423E0269561986F
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-3ADEE73F8BF969C7
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-9272C9C2C3F6A53F

That's Bad Rats.
I'm still entering though

Got Starfringe Adversus. No idea what that is, will probably never play it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I wonder which one of those numbers might be considered lucky, if any.

I hate surprises.

NeoRaider

ModBot Basics:

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game #11 -- MB-0DD3EFA02BD268CC
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-8EBB25D62E1258DE - Taken by kulapik
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-D083A0DDE72FBFB1
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-4783503F0B205D62
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-603CF2757FCDD7E5 - Taken by Nabs
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-833B33C54353EAAA - Taken by Ascheroth
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-270B77697C66EA96 - Taken by Hektor
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-3BEED579256DAAB4
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-8D8AE9523BD41F05
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-81A685748B4CB728
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-61C25EB35468F4EC - Taken by Deques
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-E423E0269561986F
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-3ADEE73F8BF969C7
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-9272C9C2C3F6A53F

Is it NieR?? Lol XD

Nillansan

It's not, it does have an online co-op.
It does parody some MMO tropes though.

EDIT: "Nep_Main Joined your Party – Play online with up to three other people for extra loot and harder enemies, plus use the in-game chat feature to really make it feel like an MMO! (It’s not.)"

Thanks, doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but I'll give it look once it's out. I haven't played any of the Neptunia games yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom