• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Week of Circus Terror -- MB-B154D5369C44B9F0 - Taken by Diedac
Highway to the Moon -- MB-DAE6891239E823AB - Taken by rainking187
Judas -- MB-95BA07AAD3F04CE3 - Taken by voodooray
Jumping Tank -- MB-2C8D729EBA640B28 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Just Bones -- MB-E0FE03E301530973 - Taken by Eila
Little Jack's Adventures -- MB-A53C724E00B1276E - Taken by anastef
Monster RPG 2 -- MB-FB97B978223966B9 - Taken by TetraxShards
Nanobots -- MB-13743C51450E2DD3 - Taken by Vuze
Riot of the Numbers -- MB-87B2D1AD970264DF - Taken by Ozium
Shiny Gauntlet -- MB-E5CACB74FF98C37E - Taken by darkchewie
Tourists Kidnapped a Little Bear -- MB-4F54CDA5EA1B3990 - Taken by septicore
Winexy -- MB-1DA3D8D48DD813C3 - Taken by Loptous

Lomax

Hey SteamGAF,

What else is there on Steam to scratch that Hexcells/Squarecells itch?

People say Paint it Back and other Picross style games are similar to Squarecells but I don't think they're even close to Hexcells. Honestly the first thing I've played at all close to the feeling I got from Hexcells is The Witness.

MUnited83

For you.
[QUOTE]Removed sign-on notifications for friends who are already online/in-game when you first sign-in[/QUOTE]
tumblr_mk1ibkXwt91s258eao1_400.gif

Popstar

If you don't own it already, Paint it Back is probably the best picross/nonogram game on Steam. And it has a *ludicrous* number of puzzles.
Thanks.

I actually realized after posting that I have Zelda Picross on my 3DS but never opened it so I started on that. Paint It Back gets a position on my wishlist 'tho.

People say Paint it Back and other Picross style games are similar to Squarecells but I don't think they're even close to Hexcells. Honestly the first thing I've played at all close to the feeling I got from Hexcells is The Witness.

The Witness was awesome and yeah, it's hard to find something that gives the feeling of Hexcells. I need Stephen's Sausage Roll to go on sale.

Lain

Hollow Knight is awesome, but I was having weird hic-ups while playing.
Also gave a whirl to Lego Worlds and the performances for me are quite bad, 25 fps no matter what options I turned down.

data

Hollow Knight is awesome, but I was having weird hic-ups while playing.
Also gave a whirl to Lego Worlds and the performances for me are quite bad, 25 fps no matter what options I turned down.

Did you try DX9 and restart the game?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this JaseC? Cuz it could only be JaseC.
It's JaseC ain't it?

Actually, it was me who gave away the sentence. :p

(Still not me.)

To be eligible for the giveaways with a giver restriction lol. Can't believe someone hasn't tried this before.

It kindasorta has been done before: someone "gave away" a link to the RE7 demo earlier in the year. That's not quite as useless since there's the vague possibility that the winner wasn't aware of the demo, but given it's a demo and therefore free, it's equally generous.

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

SAMOLIOTIK -- MB-FEED4C1677EC04AA - Taken by rainking187

shockdude

The giver's-only giveaway rule is genius and hilarious. Just one or two high-profile giveaways and suddenly pages and pages of games. Good stuff.

Knurek

If anyone's interested in Danmaku Unlimited 3 soundtrack and owns the game on Steam:

Same deal as with Danmaku Unlimited 2. Copy data.eap as data.zip, extract, look into assets\audio directory for OGG files with all the music.

The giver's-only giveaway rule is genius and hilarious. Just one or two high-profile giveaways and suddenly pages and pages of games. Good stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, most of us already qualified for that without having to create new giveaways. I believe that the onslaught of new raffles was a way of saying thank you to our Mysterious Benefactor.

shockdude

If I'm not mistaken, most of us already qualified for that without having to create new giveaways. I believe that the onslaught of new raffles was a way of saying thank you to our Mysterious Benefactor.
Ah, maybe. I don't really keep track of who's given away games before. Still good stuff, and very generous too.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RIVE becomes RIVEN?

stump pls

Rive's full name is "Rive: Wreck, Hack, Die, Repeat". "Riven: The Sequel to Myst" is actually closer to Rive than Rive's title is. I do have code that is supposed to separately search the part before the colon and the part after, but I guess it didn't work here.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-94F713A266B8C9EC - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-C3B2F215174C86FA - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-2F39E10C597AD7E3 - Taken by oni-link. 1 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-EFBDAF96EED470BD - Taken by sid2vicious. 5 entrants total.

t1489137243z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
f2n4hD9.png

well uh, finished deus ex mankind divided

this game is really confusing, they surely must've had a much tighter budget or something cos it feels like a portion of what human revolution was, all that time spent backtracking in prague, the very limited number of proper "missions", the general tighter scale of the story, both in length and in breadth, it really feels like you're playing chapter one of a larger game

it kind of reminds me of dragon age 2. it's not a bad game but it just feels underbudgeted, and scale is a big element for deus ex, it's not something you can overlook, or at least not in this sense. it's not normal that sequels scale down, even when they don't massively scale up there's at least some new element, here it's just nothing

i don't hate the game, the parts where you sneak around and explore every nook and cranny of a military base are still fun, and being super overpowered with augmentations is also very enjoyable, but that toolset hasn't evolved whatsoever in 5 years, where games like metal gear 5 and hitman and dishonored have been redefining stealth games, this feels like a very dated game, and the fact that they made a less ambitious, smaller, by the numbers game while stealth games have changed so much is just crazy

i like adam jensen, i like the eidos montreal version of the deus ex world, i like that they fucking have bob page doing fucking bob page sound in weirdly higher volume than the rest of the game, i like vents, hacking and using boxes to mess up with ai paths. all of that is great

but i expect more of a deus ex game, they're cashing in their bad game card, deus ex humankind trascended can't be this formulaic

and i sure fucking hope montag is featured prominently in it

edit: oh also the dlc seems to be mostly irrelevant side stories... that's not great...

zkylon

zkylewd
oh deus ex mankind evolved also has that weird breach mode and super strange preorder bonuses that are tied to your save or something?

so that classic adam jensen jacket is not gonna be available on other saves?

everything is weird about this game lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of Telltale, I miss back when they were doing fun adventure games with various interactions harkening back in the point-and-click era of games, now they're just lame, gritty attempts at tv programs with qte

Lain

Videocard driver update did nothing for Lego Worlds, but a reboot fixed it. It's the third game I think which has exhibited weird performance when freshly installed only to perform fine after a reboot.

zkylon

zkylewd
so apparently it's all in the cpu for cemu, right?

so maybe i should start shopping for cpus, my old i5 2500k is pretty old now right?

what's a good cpu?

i'm broke remember

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-B97B9C6DCA8AAAE9 Trivia Question: Near the beginning of Baldur's Gate 2, these woodland creatures ask you to retrieve something for them (answer with plural form)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom