• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enbred

Banned
so apparently it's all in the cpu for cemu, right?

so maybe i should start shopping for cpus, my old i5 2500k is pretty old now right?

what's a good cpu?

i'm broke remember

For a new CPU you'll need a new mobo and probably new RAM. Cheaper to buy a Switch :p

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-B97B9C6DCA8AAAE9 Trivia Question: Near the beginning of Baldur's Gate 2, these woodland creatures ask you to retrieve something for them (answer with plural form)?

Last time I played that game was over 15 years ago.
Feels bad man :(

Edit: I tried my luck.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I know the answer and entered immediately and still didn't win. Looking at my activity feed I think Gaben has blacklisted me. :(

I think you have to include only the code as usual and then a space and then the answer, and NOT include the trivia question. Did you do that?

No, I think it's just Link at the moment.
Ero8XV.gif

Ascheroth

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202934

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202940

It's also missing lighting, post processing effects like AO, and uses low res 2D assets....

Because it's the VITA version.

On a brighter note, Danmaku Unlimited 3 is awesome! :)
60€.
God damn, every time you think they're starting to take it seriously and deliver a decent port, they'll fuck it up right after and even charge a higher price.
Is the 'ei' in Koei for 'extraordinary incompetent'?
Thats the thing I dont get though about japanese devs. Ports of small studios are mostly really really good, while big devs seem to struggle.
The only way I can somehow reasonably explain that to myself is by assuming that it's because they're too big.
Like, smaller studios see PC as a serious additional long-term revenue stream and want to do it right, while bigger ones just want to make a quick extra buck without committing too much time and money.
I dunno.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dat manual blocklist tho.

Xelios youre fucked.

How do you answer a modbot trivia? I tried but not sure if I did correctly, I sent the message like:
Hollow Knight -- MB-B97B9C6DCA8AAAE9 Answer

Ludens

Banned
I sent two PMs, the first one with this format:

modbotcode answer

and the second

hollow knight modbotcode answer

but nothing worked :S

The answer was the one data posted.

xelios

modbot code, space, answer.

Stump will have to check it out and see then. I'll message him.

Edit: I messaged Stump and detailed the problem. I'm sure he'll look into when he gets the chance. Until then, it's probably unobtainable. Again, this is noted as a beta feature so that's probably why.

Cels

It is. How did you submit your answer? This is a beta feature so we need to figure out why this has been so difficult.

yes just like this:

Hollow Knight -- MB-B97B9C6DCA8AAAE9 dryads

all on one line
i'm sure i was not the first though, i sent my message 6 min after the giveaway was posted

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And thats why you dont go too fancy with your giveaways :3

xelios

And thats why you dont go too fancy with your giveaways :3

Trivia is an interesting feature of modbot that needs to be tested because it's in beta. Several people would have won if it was working correctly. Just needs to be fixed. Trivia is fun and it makes you feel good when you know the answer! Much more rewarding than just copying and pasting the code to win.

Deques

Trivia is an interesting feature of modbot that needs to be tested because it's in beta. Several people would have won if it was working correctly and/or if modbot wasn't down (which now appears might be the case?). Just needs to be fixed. Trivia is fun and it makes you feel good when you know the answer! Much more rewarding than just copying and pasting the code to win.

Kinda sucks though that you have to know the answer for these trivia questions and it must be answered correctly :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
List of things:

1. ModBot is not down, my loot is a low priority command and it processes other things first.
2. Trivia response seems currently broken, will investigate.

Edit: Cels is the first correct winner for the trivia Hollow Knight. Will fix the bug - Xelios, best to just give to Cels who earned it. I can fix without needing someone to testing.

The winner draw order was:
bobnowhere (actual wrong answer)
Catshade (actual wrong answer)
Cels (right answer)
Hakkelus (no or wrong answer)
Sarcasm (actual wrong answer)
rainking187 (actual wrong answer)
Coldsun (right answer)
etc.

Echoplx

Trivia is an interesting feature of modbot that needs to be tested because it's in beta. Several people would have won if it was working correctly and/or if modbot wasn't down (which now appears might be the case?). Just needs to be fixed. Trivia is fun and it makes you feel good when you know the answer! Much more rewarding than just copying and pasting the code to win.

I just copied and pasted the question into google

I actually booted up BG2 and started a new game after my answer didn't work lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-DBD0C734730A2871 - Taken by yoshizzle

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Durante

It is Unreal 4 :D. The ports were already nice before, they're going to be almost perfect now :D. I wish more japanese devs moved to Unreal, would be nice.
That's my long-term hope for ports.
When you move to a solid cross-platform engine like UE4, you'd basically have to put in extra work for the port not to have all the features people generally want.

As I said earlier, one thing I'm really curious about is whether Cyberdimension will have arbitrary framerate support because of this.

All those giveaways in midnight, no love for EU GAF *Sigh*
In the meantime, I'm close to finish RE4, regenerators is creepy af. I think RE4 is one of the best Silent Hill games ever made.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bug is in a very specific circumstance when a trivia question also has a no juniors / only juniors rule -- we've never had that happen before, so I never noticed until now.

All fixed. Subsequent trivia giveaways will work fine.

As I said above, Cels is the correct winner of the giveaway. If anyone else enters ModBot will probably edit it to mark it as taken, Cels is the winner. A my loot will show the result to Cels -- and I asked xelios to separately send Cels the key.

xelios

Thanks Stump, that was quick. Game sent to the rightful winner, Cels. Unfortunate that I had to break anon.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah.

So once you answer you can't answer again right?

That is correct -- but also in this case I pulled the full log and was able to see who actually entered correctly and who should have won, in this case Cels, so no need to re-enter.

Thanks Stump, that was quick. Game sent to the rightful winner, Cels. Unfortunate that I had to break anon.

As someone who only ever does anonymous giveaways I'm sorry too. :( Glad I could fix it quickly. It was lazy, sloppy code on my part. I hope to get some time in the next 2-3 months to rewrite the giveaway portion of modbot entirely (I rewrote the mod portion in the last month or two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom