• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drotahorror

Am I an idiot for thinking they're used to be a way of customizing your steam storefront? Like what is showed and whatnot? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I might have found it but I can't change what I want.

I wish the "Featured and Recommended" section which is the first you see when you open steam was different. I wish it only showed new games and games you could pre-order. I really don't care about Gothic 3, Dark Souls 2 SotFS and other games that are old or I have another version of.

So, inXile posted new update about Torment.
To that end, we are pleased to announce that we will be working on additional content and updates for Torment post-release. These updates will include:

Oom ("The Toy" companion).
Voluminous Codex.
Crisis system improvements.

Our initial updates to the game will focused on bug fixes, optimizations, and other improvements, while the content additions will come later down the line.
Can't wait to play Director's Cut in 2018.

Wok

That looks really, really nice despite the hair.

It is not hair. It is like Davy Crocket.
It took me some time.

G5IQi6i.png

voodooray

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for voodooray:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Samoliotik -- MB-F4AFFC8B1A423693 - Taken by MaxiLive
The Note -- MB-3384688F16768D51 - Taken by zebez

Cels

Am I an idiot for thinking they're used to be a way of customizing your steam storefront? Like what is showed and whatnot? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I might have found it but I can't change what I want.

I wish the "Featured and Recommended" section which is the first you see when you open steam was different. I wish it only showed new games and games you could pre-order. I really don't care about Gothic 3, Dark Souls 2 SotFS and other games that are old or I have another version of.

L0K3Z28.png

enhanced steam lets you do this, not sure if that's what you want though. what you want is to show particular games in the featured section which i guess will happen if you hide all the games they are already showing you lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
HOG lovers... you say that as if there's many.

Spoiler, there is one guy, and he wears a hat.

KainXVIII

2Dark from Frédérick Raynal (of LBA/AITD fame) is out with Denuvo and crazy regional pricing (crappy publisher to blame?) 😌

Tizoc

Been a while huh?
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-F6A84C0A0BFED30E - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.

t1489139335z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
I know 2dark has some dev pedigree but the game looks kind of crappy. I have to wonder if they'll even recoup the Denuvo cost. And it's certainly going to have a bigger piracy target on its back now. Like I doubt many would have pirated it in the first place (besides the guys that download literally everything), it's barely gotten any press at all. But now it'll attract far more attention from pirates if it gets cracked.

Arthea

If you are touchy about spoilers, don't watch that new Automata trailer

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202934

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202940

It's also missing lighting, post processing effects like AO, and uses low res 2D assets....

Because it's the VITA version.

honestly, I don't get meaning of those comparisons, my Firis doesn't like like both of those screenshots, and it hardly can be, considering it depends on hardware and settings.
and no, it's not a Vita version, c'mon, no Vita port looks like Firis does or is so demanding.
There is shadows related problems in FIris, that's true, but hyperbole is out of hand here.

Since i have no friends from steamgaf
except few nice guys who are here but not posting much
, I'm here to inform you that Nier: Automata is now #1 top seller in my country
3wem7cf.jpg

Arthea

Today is the third day for Atelier Firis and it's at 2K owners on steamspy
ouch, it's even worse than I thought.

For some reason Sophie shows only 15K today also.

I wish KT did something about Firis performance, because if they won't that game not gonna sell good if at all.

Imagine the scenario where the sales of Firis on Steam are so low that KT decides they can't be bothered to release the third game in the trilogy :p

Sajko

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sajko, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lords of the Fallen -- MB-67BBA319AED68B3A - Taken by eyeless
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-E23FA509632A2C68
NecroVisioN: Lost Company -- MB-5010C76457F6E38C - Taken by data
NecroVision -- MB-210BDE32EEB83A9B - Taken by Javier23
SAMOLIOTIK -- MB-4E5A9A79B543959E - Taken by OmarYusaf
Syberia -- MB-7852F9A3E6EDA260

Arthea

Imagine the scenario where the sales of Firis on Steam are so low that KT decides they can't be bothered to release the third game in the trilogy :p

that's exactly what I'm afraid of tbh, that and not getting anymore Atelier games on steam.
I wanted them to release their back catalogue too, what probably won't happen, but one can hope.

Deques

G2A is still selling the bundle with SUPERHOT and the number of sold bundles is almost 150k. That's pretty impressive number where it's not a Humble Bundle

MUnited83

For you.
that's exactly what I'm afraid of tbh, that and not getting anymore Atelier games on steam.
I wanted them to release their back catalogue too, what probably won't happen, but one can hope.
They've ported sequels from games that sold less than this in the first week so I don't think that's an issue. It does make me pessimistic on them ever bothering to bring the older ones though.

Tizoc

I don't think that's gonna happen.
We're getting Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for one thing.
The series' sales will pick up and do well enough in the long run.

Ascheroth

They've ported sequels from games that sold less than this in the first week so I don't think that's an issue. It does make me pessimistic on them ever bothering to bring the older ones though.
They should first sort out their port quality issues though. It's baffling that they don't have a single good port without caveats with the number of games they have on Steam.
It's like they hire a new random intern for every port, and some are better and some not.
Incredible.

Wok

I know 2dark has some dev pedigree but the game looks kind of crappy. I have to wonder if they'll even recoup the Denuvo cost. And it's certainly going to have a bigger piracy target on its back now. Like I doubt many would have pirated it in the first place (besides the guys that download literally everything), it's barely gotten any press at all. But now it'll attract far more attention from pirates if it gets cracked.

The name of the dev is bigger than Denuvo imo.

Arthea

I hope it's true, we'll see

I had such a high hopes for series after Sophie's port that are almost shattered by Firis (._.)

They should first sort out their port quality issues though. It's baffling that they don't have a single good port without caveats with the number of games they have on Steam.
It's like they hire a new random intern for every port, and some are better and some not.
Incredible.

IDK, I'd call Sophie's port good, maybe not amazing, but damn good. I'd take such port of any Atelier game gladly.

Ascheroth

I hope it's true, we'll see

I had such a high hopes for series after Sophie's port that are almost shattered by Firis (._.)

IDK, I'd call Sophie's port good, maybe not amazing, but damn good. I'd take such port of any Atelier game gladly.
Sophie is a 'good' port, but still not without caveats (the 2D assets, shadow problem, keyboard controls, fps drops during menus and synthesis for some).
Relatively minor stuff in the grand scheme of things, but still.
The bigger problem is that you can't even count on them improving with each subsequent port.
Like, their port of an older game is better and cheaper then it's sequel.
Just ...how?

MUnited83

For you.
One thing I discovered is that Firis runs at dynamic resolution on the base PS4. From 1920x1080 to 1920x540. So the shitty optimization is not solely on the PC version (although it still worse in comparison than it should be). Seems Gust are struggling with making their engine fit on a bigger game.
Here's hoping they follow IF footsteps.

ezodagrom

Today is the third day for Atelier Firis and it's at 2K owners on steamspy
ouch, it's even worse than I thought.

For some reason Sophie shows only 15K today also.

I wish KT did something about Firis performance, because if they won't that game not gonna sell good if at all.
People really should stop quoting steamspy numbers after just a few days, wait at least a week before quoting them.

Also steamspy numbers are rather unstable, especially when numbers of owners are low, so don't take that 15K as an exact number.

Tonton

One thing I discovered is that Firis runs at dynamic resolution on the base PS4. From 1920x1080 to 1920x540. So the shitty optimization is not solely on the PC version (although it still worse in comparison than it should be). Seems Gust are struggling with making their engine fit on a bigger game.
Here's hoping they follow IF footsteps.

koei would still find a way to screw things up

Arthea

People really should stop quoting steamspy numbers after just a few days, wait at least a week before quoting them.

Also steamspy numbers are rather unstable, especially when numbers of owners are low, so don't take that 15K as an exact number.

we know that steamspy numbers are pretty accurate (starting from 3rd day), so IDK why we should ignore those then, and as for Firis we know even without those numbers that it sold abysmally low, steamboards activity is good indication of that usually, aside of anecdotal only 5 people on my fl play it.

So, sorry I won't stop doing that and we should all just get over it!

As for low numbers being less accurate, that's true, we were told this several times. It's still clear that Atelier is not a success I wanted series to be, being selfish and all, I want those games on PC, I can't help myself.

edited: I must say here that main reason I wanted them on PC, because they never ran that great on consoles, so being on PC benefits them greatly, yeah even Firis, for example non existent loading times.

ezodagrom

we know that steamspy numbers are pretty accurate (starting from 3rd day), so IDK why we should ignore those then, and as for Firis we know even without those numbers that it sold abysmally low, steamboards activity is good indication of that usually, aside of anecdotal only 5 people on my fl play it.

As for low numbers being less accurate, that's true, we were told this several times. It's still clear that Atelier is not a success I wanted series to be, being selfish and all, I want those games on PC, I can't help myself.
Steamspy uses 3 days samples, when a game has just released, there's not enough data to get accurate numbers even after 3 days.

On the 3rd day Sophie only had 6K owners showing, on the 7th day it had 14K, so I find that waiting a full week before quoting numbers is for the best.

Also, steamspy only updates once a day, so it's only displaying 2 days for Firis as of now.

Arthea

Steamspy uses 3 days samples, when a game has just released, there's not enough data to get accurate numbers even after 3 days.

On the 3rd day Sophie only had 6K owners showing, on the 7th day it had 14K, so I find that waiting a full week before quoting numbers is for the best.

Also, steamspy only updates once a day, so it's only displaying 2 days for Firis as of now.

That as well could be, I'll check tomorrow anyway
not holding my breath that it will be much better, but who knows.

ezodagrom

That as well could be, I'll check tomorrow anyway
not holding my breath that it will be much better, but who knows.
Not gonna be getting accurate numbers tomorrow either anyway, this soon after release there's not enough data even with 3 days of samples. Any game that I check just doesn't have accurate data on day 3 after release, not even close.

Arthea

Not gonna be getting accurate numbers tomorrow either anyway, this soon after release there's not enough data even with 3 days of samples. Any game that I check just doesn't have accurate data on day 3 after release, not even close.

according to steaspy creator after 3 days numbers are accurate, at least to see how preorders did.
I get what you are saying, a game usually keeps selling, but I'm not sure this is true for Firis.

MUnited83

For you.

edited: I must say here that main reason I wanted them on PC, because they never ran that great on consoles, so being on PC benefits them greatly, yeah even Firis, for example non existent loading times.
They are not "accurate from the third day". It takes three days to have an idea of the sales of the first day. Different things. The "three day rule" doesn't work very well in new releases where a game can keep up a steady number of sales per day.

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone used that Gamersgate Razer Gold BS? Seems to give a 10 percent discount on like nearly everything. Tempted to use it on some of their better deals and pre-orders, if it's not a huge hassle.

Catshade

G2A is still selling the bundle with SUPERHOT and the number of sold bundles is almost 150k. That's pretty impressive number where it's not a Humble Bundle

The number is inflated anyway since apparently those with G2A Shield subscription gets the bundle for free now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom