• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSane

All this negativity towards Firis here, and i'm just sad that this wonderful game (game, not port) is in this position. I'm enjoying it very much despite technical issues (although most of those should be fixed for me when i upgrade my video card), heck, i'm enjoying it more than any game in the past couple of years, but knowing it could be an even better experience is a bit painful.

Mivey

All this negativity towards Firis here, and i'm just sad that this wonderful game (game, not port) is in this position. I'm enjoying it very much despite technical issues (although most of those should be fixed for me when i upgrade my video card), heck, i'm enjoying it more than any game in the past couple of years, but knowing it could be an even better experience is a bit painful.
It's remarkable how little KT cares about the PC port. I mean, not even hiring a small western team to port it, nope. Probably some poor dev in Japan had to work overtime learning how to port this thing to a platform he never thought of as a gaming device. Would not be surprised if they cut all these graphical features because they had no time to get them properly working on PC.

Arthea

There is literally no negativity towards a game itself yet, at least I haven't seen any.
And Firis is indeed an interesting game, I'm too early to tell where I stand with it, though, but I'm enjoying it so far.

It's remarkable how little KT cares about the PC port. I mean, not even hiring a small western team to port it, nope. Probably some poor dev in Japan had to work overtime learning how to port this thing to a platform he never thought of as a gaming device. Would not be surprised if they cut all these graphical features because they had no time to get them properly working on PC.

They could hire IF too!
Even their post release support is amazing as compared to KT's almost non existent.

when you see how bigger companies struggle with PC ports, one can't help but appreciate IF's effort and results.

KT's way of porting is still really random. Nights of Azure is a straigth PS4 port, Sophie is a PS3 port, Firis is in between (looks like it's what a PS3 version would've been). Yet, I'd take that over no Gust games and no ports.

It's better to have a PS3 port than a no port. For the record: We're nearly half March and no news from SEGA.

Arthea

KT's way of porting is still really random. Nights of Azure is a straigth PS4 port, Sophie is a PS3 port, Firis is in between (looks like it's what a PS3 version would've been). Yet, I'd take that over no Gust games and no ports.

It's better to have a PS3 port than a no port. For the record: We're nearly half March and no news from SEGA.

I agree, I'd take not so good ports if playable over nothing too. Only we probably are be a minority.

Sega who?
Are we still expecting something from them? It was too long

I agree, I'd take not so good ports if playable over nothing too. Only we probably are be a minority.

Sega who?
Are we still expecting something from them? It was too long

Now, I can also understand why some people are pissed of. When you see that the PC version of Firis has been stripped of all of its post process. But I suspect it's an oversight bug. Game is DX11 only.

Like Arthea said: there is literally no negativity towards a game itself yet. We just annoyed because Atelier series deserve much better than this situtation. I just pre ordered (as my first time pre order some game - also thanks to their regionel prices) all Gust games on PC cause wanted to support and always wanted to play their games. I did not disappoint with game, i'm in love with Sophie, (played 50 hours for now) didn't play Firis yet. (will play after done with Sophie)

Sajko

The guy (Dan), who kept reassuring us that the PC ports are coming left Sega recently.

That said I expect Shenmue remasters announcement at E3 and Yakuza 0 PC port out of the blue.

ezodagrom

For the record: We're nearly half March and no news from SEGA.
The guy (Dan), who kept reassuring us that the PC ports are coming left Sega recently.

That said I expect Shenmue remasters announcement at E3 and Yakuza 0 PC port out of the blue.
Had no idea that he left.

His last re-assurance was in late February, 2 weeks ago:
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/835457035261128704
definitely not stopped! ^Dan
In reply to:
Pretty much confirmed the porting campaign has stopped.

gelf

Oh yes I'd take the barest of bare bones ports over not having one at all. At least the community can fix it up if they feel like it. Main thing is having the game on the platform in the first place.

The Sega thing is so sad because there are dozens of games I'd like a PC port of and it's just never going to happen at the rate they do things now(if they are even porting anything anymore). I remember it all seeming so promising back when they where putting out the likes of Jet Set Radio and Nights in quick succession.

Can't wait for the avalanche of ports they totes have been working on for the last 2 years guis

Any minute now.

EDIT: Decided to look something up. Sonic Lost World and Neptunia 3 released at the same time. Since then Idea Factory has released Neptunia U: Action Unleashed, Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies, Megadimension Neptunia VII and they found time to do that remake Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force.

Meanwhile Sega is secretly working on that Platinum collection with Madworld, Bayonetta and Vanquish that they're about to drop out of the blue.

Any minute now.

Sajko

Btw do we know who ported Sonic Lost World? Same guys as VC? If so maybe they are doing something more complicated and its taking longer than they expected. IIRC VC porting team was like 4 dudes.

kulapik

Remembered I had these, and probably won't use them, so take them:

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HAUNTED: Halloween 85 -- MB-9841F55361064BB4 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 1 entrants total.
LIT -- MB-0D8A94F517026B6D - Taken by El Pollo Diablo. 13 entrants total.

t1489159999z1.png

Jadax

No Man Sky is a top seller on Steam again. I thought people would have learned by now.
Didn't they release updates that brought in some of the things they promised at launch?

I'm a sucker for large open-world exploration/survival games and mmorpgs. NMS sort of hits some of those buttons.

Sarcasm

Didn't they release updates that brought in some of the things they promised at launch?

I'm a sucker for large open-world exploration/survival games and mmorpgs. NMS sort of hits some of those buttons.

Two updates actually. Though I don't know how close but it has added some good stuff.

gelf

I'm sure many can enjoy No Man's Sky for what the game is rather then being concerned about what it was initially hyped to be. Anyone buying now should know what they're getting.

ezodagrom

Btw do we know who ported Sonic Lost World? Same guys as VC? If so maybe they are doing something more complicated and its taking longer than they expected. IIRC VC porting team was like 4 dudes.
Lost World was apparently handled by SEGA Europe themselves.

Oh yes I'd take the barest of bare bones ports over not having one at all. At least the community can fix it up if they feel like it. Main thing is having the game on the platform in the first place.
In the case of KT/Firis though, it can't even be called barebones, since it's missing features from the PS4 version.

While it's okay to have the game on PC than not at all, I'd take a late quality port over a rushed lousy one, especially when it costs 60€. Sales will only suffer with a lousy port.

gngf123

With another update or two, and a good sale, I might actually be willing to try out NMS.

The updates seem like they improve the game a lot, and I remember the game having quite an active mod community. I can see it becoming worth it one day.

Echoplx

http://i.imgur.com/L0K3Z28.png
enhanced steam lets you do this, not sure if that's what you want though. what you want is to show particular games in the featured section which i guess will happen if you hide all the games they are already showing you lol

There used to be options to change what showed there, can't remember if it was enhanced steam or not. I miss it.

Volimar

I'm sure many can enjoy No Man's Sky for what the game is rather then being concerned about what it was initially hyped to be. Anyone buying now should know what they're getting.

I'd like to think so as well. It has some interesting features.

Nete

Battle Brothers will be out of Early Access this March 24th. The price will go up from 20€ to 28€ (and $ equivalent), so if anyone is interested get it now.

It's a really great game, kinda like the son Mount & Blade and XCOM never had.

Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5h0RhOdKdY

Features
Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat.
Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
70 Steam Achievements

Wow, this place went giveaway crazy again last night. Every time I'm away, amazing.

Windows Defender is also picking up false positives from Hollow Knight, identified as a trojan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at 2Dark's price. Team Cherry save us pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom