• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Friendly reminder that The House in Fata Morgana is on sale with -25%.

1WR1iNb.png

My Steam Review said:
I've teared up a number of times, I've felt anger, pity, hope, shock, happiness and a number of other emotions on this unpredictable, endlessly twisting and masterfully crafted roller-coaster ride.
I genuinely think this is one of the best and most emotional stories I've ever seen unfolding.

Combine this with a great artstyle and a fantastic soundtrack and you have a masterpiece that is simply a must-play if you're even remotely interested in VNs.
It's brilliant.
Go buy.

Rizzi

I wouldn't go that far, I leave such strong words for games constantly crashing or are barely playable or not playable, and Firis is not that, but it's not as good as we expected it to be after Sophie's

even if word of mouth is that a game is good?

Word of mouth for Inquisition was that it was good. So I trust nobody to tell me that a Bioware game is good.

Mivey

Word of mouth for Inquisition was that it was good. So I trust nobody to tell me that a Bioware game is good.
What if it was you from the future that appears to tell you to play it sooner and that it was among the greatest experiences he ever had? I mean, at that point if you do play it right away, you would cause a time paradox, but if you don't you would also miss out on a great game. What a dilemma!

Press Turn

Neo Member
Lets see here....
Trails the 3rd comes eventually and will suck out $27-30 depending on if 10% launch happens. I forget with falcom games
Acceleration of Sugiri.....will happen uh.....
....$8-9 depending on 10% in effect.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our 50th game.

Auraela

Banned
Turok 2 looks too be good. Ive seen some shots from a dev at nightdive so i cant share those sadly. They made the movement alot more fluid. they have added things to maps and redesigned some parts and moved things here and there etc..removed fog like in turok 1 aswell.

Rizzi

What if it was you from the future that appears to tell you to play it sooner and that it was among the greatest experiences he ever had? I mean, at that point if you do play it right away, you would cause a time paradox, but if you don't you would also miss out on a great game. What a dilemma!

Future me would never tell me that, because future me would know that I plan to murder any time travellers I meet. So obviously they'd be an impostor.

Coreda

Time traveling games would be fun, ala Back to the Future. Arriving, changing events, seeing how they play out, going back and re-doing them to see alternate outcomes. It'd be like a mix of save scumming and historical elements.

XSEED
No launch discount.
No promotion for the game
No sales

They usually put out launch discounts for their games. The no promotion when it comes to TitS is right on the money. However, since FC was already bundled in a Humble Monthly Bundle, I wouldn't be surprised if XSEED lets Humble have it in another future bundle...maybe combined with a voucher discount for SC on the Humble Store.

gelf

I genuinely believe that they'll deliver, I don't see why they would continue to string us all along for no reason.

Even if they put out a port tomorrow I'd want to know why it took them so damn long. After Valkyria Chronicles there was the hope they would give this more priority but instead they've been slower then ever. With the current pace you have to hope the next port is something you want or else its another 2 plus year wait for the next one.

Arthea

Time traveling games would be fun, ala Back to the Future. Arriving, changing events, seeing how they play out, going back and re-doing them to see alternate outcomes. It'd be like a mix of save scumming and historical elements.

you might wanna look into Radiant Historia, it's exactly that, DS only though

I thought Inquisition was good.

[SPOILER

I didn't expect that spoiler lol
gw

Despite the ports problems, I'm still having a lot of fun playing Atelier Firis. I just wish they'd get their shit together when it comes to PC ports.

Annubis

Or it'd be like The Butterfly Effect and you end up having to go back and kill yourself to void all the shit you fucked up.

Momentary

Banned
If you are touchy about spoilers, don't watch that new Automata trailer

honestly, I don't get meaning of those comparisons, my Firis doesn't like like both of those screenshots, and it hardly can be, considering it depends on hardware and settings.
and no, it's not a Vita version, c'mon, no Vita port looks like Firis does or is so demanding.
There is shadows related problems in FIris, that's true, but hyperbole is out of hand here.

It's showing that lighting and AO is missing. The 2D assets and lack of post processing are in line with the Vita version. Sure you can run the game at a higher frame rate and resolution, but it doesn't mean it's not from a lower end version of the game, which the 2D part of the game is definitely from.

Also, if you're using reshade for these differences... then yeah.

At least I was able to get a refund from that crap port. I'll pick it up when It's $25 or less.

Tizoc

We are now 1 week away from the release of Nier Automata on Steam.

Also 2 days til the new Samurai Jack season
eAFyKe5.gif

So....I just ordered a Switch and selling my Xbone cause I haven't used it in forever. Nintendo + Sony + PC for me ahead.
Ugh, no wonder why you in my ignore list.
just kidding, selling Xbox One now is good choice because it will be dirty cheap after Scorpio reveal

Vuze

Ugh, no wonder why you in my ignore list.
just kidding, selling Xbox One now is good choice because it will be dirty cheap after Scorpio reveal
Good point actually. It's not that I don't like the console, 360 BC, UHD Bluray and some of the exclusives are really nice. But I don't think I've turned mine on in like two months =\ I should put my XOS up for sale too before Scorpio is revealed.

ezodagrom

It's showing that lighting and AO is missing. The 2D assetto and lack of post processing are in line with the Vita version. Sure you can run the game at a higher frame rate and resolution. That doesn't mean anything. It's not out of hand.

Also, if you're using reshade for these differences... then yeah.
It's different from the Vita version too, it's more like a what if PS3 version existed.

Pics taken from youtube videos, Vita, PC, PS4.

Momentary

Banned
It's different from the Vita version too, it's more like a what if PS3 version existed.

Pics taken from youtube videos, Vita, PC, PS4.

Seems that way. But all three probably all are using the same 3D assets just Vita is running at a lower resolution and has some kind of piss filter over it along with absolutely no lighting. The PC version definitely got 2D assets from the VITA.

Man that AO and lighting in the PS4 version really help to add some depth to the game. The other 2 pics look so flat.

I just don't see why they had to move the game over to DX11. DX9 worked so well for Sophie and allowed people to implement AA solutions. I'm done talking about this game until I can pick it up at $25 or less just like their other games. Mayb I'll have a Volta Titan by then to brute force the hell out of the game and maybe NVIDIA can release some sort of DX11 solution on their end for forcing AA.

Tizoc

Gamebillet has Nier Automata
https://www.gamebillet.com/nier-automata
$48, but see if you can change the currency.

Styx 2 now has a cinematic launch trailer. Rough around the edges, as you'd expect, but given its reportedly meaty campaign and proper cutscenes, I'd wager it has the largest budget of any Focus game thus far. The confidence is actually heart-warming considering the original was something of a happy accident -- a "Eurojanky" stealth game starring a secondary character from a middling ARPG.

How do you feel about the game so far from the previews?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you feel about the game so far from the previews?

I think my expectations will be met. From what I've seen, my biggest complaint is that you can't shimmy around corners (jumping works well enough, but it shouldn't be necessary).

Coreda

Square Enix doesn't appear to have sent any out, so no. We'll learn on release day.

From the KB article it seems pre-orders are eligible for refunds within two weeks of release and less than two hours played so I guess there's some recourse. I've heard Steam makes it more difficult to get subsequent refunds after the first though, is that true?

Teggy

I think my expectations will be met. From what I've seen, my biggest complaint is that you can't shimmy around corners.

They didn't fix that, huh? From a video I watched before it seems it still has the floaty jumping, too. Well I already preordered and it looks like it still has the great level design, which was the strength of the first game.

I've seen it mentioned on the Steam forums for Nier but nothing here yet...is it true the PC version is just 1080p max?

If that's the case it would be nothing more than just a straight PS4 port with no actual effort put into it...not something I would pay $50-$60 for as far as a PC release goes

JaseC

They didn't fix that, huh? From a video I watched before it seems it still has the floaty jumping, too. Well I already preordered and it looks like it still has the great level design, which was the strength of the first game.

Oh, yeah, Styx's movement and associated animations are most definitely fixed rather than physics-based, but, while inelegant, it's not a practical issue as the levels have been designed accordingly.

Ascheroth

I've seen it mentioned on the Steam forums for Nier but nothing here yet...is it true the PC version is just 1080p max?

If that's the case it would be nothing more than just a straight PS4 port with no actual effort put into it...not something I would pay $50-$60 for as far as a PC release goes
No it's not.
We simply don't know, but given Platinums track record it's very unlikely.

Man I fucking hate it when groundless rumors get taken as fact and blown out of proportion.

JaseC

To quote myself from another thread:

That rumour was born from one of the devs saying back in August that the then-and-presumably-still-current plan was to use the configuration of the PS4 version as the utmost base of the PC version and perhaps scale down a few steps to account for older or otherwise less powerful systems. Platinum's two most recent PC releases (TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan and Transformers: Devestation), while lacking proper arbitrary resolution support, both natively support resolutions above 1080p, so I'm fairly confident Nier 2 will continue that trend if not improve upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom