• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

I was gonna ask how the hell there was a game 3% claimed with chrono coins, and then saw there are apparently random chest drops? That and the fact that the coin amount you get is kinda randomized, makes it seem like RNG gotta be on your favor.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-ABD123C294C8CBA6 - Taken by FLD Trivia Question: In Castlevania: SotN, this form lets you get around when you can't see anything (one word, singular)?

Momentary

Banned

Good lord! ��

Edit: I cannot believe I am the only one quoting your post.

HOLYSHIT... Been waiting to see this happen for the last 5 or 6 years.

At least, someone from the Steam thread knows what's up.

FWugzFh.png

I cannot take it anymore!

UV9DnIC.png

LOL Yep.

jtb

Banned
Replaying some of New Vegas' DLC.

Dead Money is horribly unfun, but it also has by far the best writing of the bunch. Dog/God is like the most quintessentially Avellone Avellone character ever.

It sucks so much that Christine/Veronica thing is handled in such a weird missed connection way. Like, you can tell her you killed Elijah, but you can't tell her you stumbled upon her lover? Shitty Gamebryo/budget limitations.

FLD

Oh damn, I guess Hollow Knight is pretty long? Well, if it's as good as everyone says it is, I should still be able to squeeze it in before Styx 2. I was just gonna replay Orcs and Men on extreme difficulty until then but this is much better.

Teggy

Oh damn, I guess Hollow Knight is pretty long? Well, if it's as good as everyone says it is, I should still be able to squeeze it in before Styx 2. I was just gonna replay Orcs and Men on extreme difficulty until then but this is much better.

I'm already over 20 hours and still have a bunch to go, I'm sure.

But I'm really bad at it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

33 hours for the true ending here, 97% completion

zkylon

zkylewd
Have you ever thought about using Unity? Me and a friend have been working on a game for over a year on that, it's pretty good. Depends what you're making though I suppose.
wasn't really a problem with the engine, stealth games are just amongst the more complicated games to make

that side i personally don't like unity very much, i find myself entangled in references and signals and events and stuff and i really dislike not being in control of execution order and stuff. there's other really annoying stuff like the way nested prefabs work and scenes not being super kind to source control and whatnot

i do plan on making something on unity when i have a bit of time cos it needs to be 3d, but i really like haxe and gamemaker and feel much more comfortable prototyping on both of those. i should probably give unreal an honest shot too

AHA-Lambda

yeah surprisingly so, seems to be in the 30-40 hour range

I'll need to get to it after this mental month =/

CDKeys has Prey for £28

Ok, now I'm tempted to use that site >_<
I can confirm that this is a worldwide thing, retailers in RU/CIS region are doing -25-30% discount too. I don't know why but such things sometimes happens with preorders, i can understand why retailers discounting Dead Rising 4 steam keys, but brand new game?
Also, thanks for Ninja Pizza Girl key! :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-CDBB36BD534CB0B9 - Taken by William Bonney Trivia Question: In Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, if you injure yourself on purpose enough times in a certain place, this type of being will spawn and attack you (one word, singular)?

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-CDBB36BD534CB0B9 - Taken by William Bonney Trivia Question: In Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, if you injure yourself on purpose enough times in a certain place, this type of being will spawn and attack you (one word, singular)?

I tried : <

edit: what was the correct answer? I tried angel

Damn I should've known this Rebirth question. Well since someone answered that, I was going to say chest because that's the only thing that popped into my mind when it comes to things spawning when you purposefully injure yourself.

Parsnip

Uhm, why did Assassin's Creed movie get so much hate? I actually really liked it! I was so damn scared as a fan of the games that I would hate the movie but was pleasently suprised.

What did you other AC fans think of the movie?

(I know, very OT, but the games are on Steam at least!:D)

I thought it was alright.

Can't wait for the next AC game woo.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I tried : <

edit: what was the correct answer? I tried angel

That was what I tried, too. Sounded like the question wanted the enemy class/type, and not the name of what may spawn. Maybe there's something other than the two angels?

Sounds like you two may have formatted your answers wrong when submitting, which seems to happen often with trivia. For future reference, it has to be like this, as shown in the rules of the giveaway:

screen-shot-2015-01-1dhj6z.png

You can not include the trivia question text. Code and answer with a space between.

Sounds like you two may have formatted your answers wrong when submitting, which seems to happen often with trivia. For future reference, it has to be like this, as shown in the rules of the giveaway:

screen-shot-2015-01-1dhj6z.png

You can not include the trivia question text. Code and answer with a space between.

I sent
NieR: Automata -- MB-CDBB36BD534CB0B9 - Taken by William Bonney angel
I think in the image there's a space? I can't see it exactly with the colours

Ascheroth

Sounds like you two may have formatted your answers wrong when submitting, which seems to happen often with trivia. It has to be like this, as shown in the rules of the giveaway:

Sounds like answering correctly isn't that trivial!
I sent I think in the image there's a space? I can't see it exactly with the colours
He was likely just faster in that case.
Or what Jase said
v

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Maybe it would be slightly helpful to those entering if Stump changed:

to

- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 90 days to become eligible for this giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom