• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLD

Okay, I can already tell Hollow Knight is something special. I think I'm really going to enjoy this one.

33 hours for the true ending here, 97% completion

Why not 100% if you were so close? Is anything missable or you just couldn't be bothered?

kagamin

I can always go for a nice drink.
orange-italian-mule-12.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okay, I can already tell Hollow Knight is something special. I think I'm really going to enjoy this one.

Why not 100% if you were so close? Is anything missable or you just couldn't be bothered?

as far as I know the only thing I was missing was the last "heart piece" for the last "heart"

Wait, what? Is Atelier Sophie a PS3 port? I thought the thing that the PC version lacked were the high resolution UI elements that are featured in the PS4 version. What else is it lacking?

Nothing else. Basically, the PS4 version just boasts higher resolution 2D assets.
It's pretty simple with KT to know if it's a PS4 or PS3 port.
If it's DX11 or DX9 on the specs page. DX11 means it's a PS4 port, DX9 means it's a PS3 port.

Press Turn

Neo Member
accidentally winning Dust causes my wifi to explode.
"stop winning games" you may say but....

real cool stuff, I gotta find a way to unleash the chaos of giveaways one day

Alex_CWB

Just finished Shadowrun Hong Kong. Not as good as Dragonfall, but still great. Now I see there is some sort of bonus campaign. Does it add anything or is it pointless to play it?
The ~6 hours bonus campaign tie up some loose ends resulting in a better closure to the whole game. ;)

Ascheroth

Nothing else. Basically, the PS4 version just boasts higher resolution 2D assets.
It's pretty simple with KT to know if it's a PS4 or PS3 port.
If it's DX11 or DX9 on the specs page. DX11 means it's a PS4 port, DX9 means it's a PS3 port.
But Firis is DX11 and it's still not a 'complete' PS4 port apparently.

Wok

Every F2P game is going the chrono.gg's way: login every day to earn a reward and be a good Pavlovian dog. Duelyst does it with a free basic card a day. Faeria does it now that it is out of Early Access in some other way:

The new reward system

We've heard a lot of feedback on the new reward system, and we'd like to make sure we get the word out and highlight some of the most important reasons behind these changes.

To put it simply, we've moved away from heavily weighting gold rewards on whether you win your games or not. By increasing the pace at which players level up, and rewarding a larger amount of gold when that occurs - we are looking to prevent the roadblock many new players feel they run into when they feel they are stuck in this vicious cycle:

• "I don't have the right cards."
  • "I can't win games because I don't have the right cards."
  • "I can't get more gold because I can't win games."
  • "Halp."

When we weight gold rewards more heavily on raw experience earned, this becomes much less of a problem. Daily Quests are of course an already existing method of alleviating this, but we still wanted to provide even more solutions. Therefore, we introduced the new "Daily Login" reward system.

DailyLogin.png

We may not have made this clear, but you don't have to log in every single day in order to ramp up these bonuses. You can take a break for a week and come back, and your next reward will still be waiting for you. Once you fill out the card completely, you'll receive a brand new one.

The end result of all these changes is a progression system that is roughly the same speed as before, but redistributed to cater more toward the first hours of play (along with Daily Quests and First Win of the Day bonus, that still exist), as well as not requiring you to win in order to progress as fast as others.

Now, we've been hearing feedback on the negative feelings players are having for getting relatively small rewards after each win. Keep in mind, in our patch this morning[boards.faeria.com] we corrected a bug that should make the appearances of "10g" much less common. Additionally, we are already discussing ways on which we can make your progress to the next big gold reward much more clear. We still would like to reward players for winning games, but it raises a big flag for us if the rewards we are giving them are producing negative feelings.

This is an area we'll have a close eye to in the coming weeks, and thank you for your feedback.

Fair F2P games used to only have daily quests, but now the market is getting so competitive, that they just want you to log on in order to develop a habit without knowing it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-844FB032290E41EF - Taken by krczt23
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-89F170D11F2B656D - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-8DB87EB2AEC6485D - Taken by Black Soma
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-91100E5EB5824199 - Taken by laserlaser
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-0FC2CDEABB986030 - Taken by Sajko
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-116F885C085AD0F9 - Taken by chronomac
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-740093FD999B639E - Taken by T-Rex.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-304ABD1E3D419BE8 - Taken by Ozium
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-6CF04665F3DC27B6 - Taken by iosefe
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-5C8A314BB571474E - Taken by illusionary
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-01AC6C9C8E0672F7 - Taken by Monooboe
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-226B6D7EDD61167C - Taken by claytonlee101

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-DCB481815CAE746F - Taken by Kudo. 22 entrants total.

t1489184082z1.png

Nillansan

But Firis is DX11 and it's still not a 'complete' PS4 port apparently.

I really hope that the issue will be addressed some time in the future. Did the Koei Tecmo community manager that hangs out on GAF acknowledge the poor state of the port?

Nothing else. Basically, the PS4 version just boasts higher resolution 2D assets. It's pretty simple with KT to know if it's a PS4 or PS3 port. If it's DX11 or DX9 on the specs page. DX11 means it's a PS4 port, DX9 means it's a PS3 port.

Okay so the PC version of Atelier Sophie isn't lacking in the shadow or lightning department then? That's good to know.

Ascheroth

I really hope that the issue will be addressed some time in the future. Did the Koei Tecmo community manager that hangs out on GAF acknowledge the poor state of the port?

Okay so the PC version of Atelier Sophie isn't lacking in the shadow or lightning department then? That's good to know.
I don't know if they said anything on the Steam forums, but I haven't seen him on GAF yet.

Yeah, Sophies only issue on that front is the lower res UI stuff, which is dumb but not really a big deal.

FLD

Yeah, Sophies only issue on that front is the lower res UI stuff, which is dumb but not really a big deal.

Sophie also has (at least some?) lower quality textures than on PS4, no? I remember seeing comparison screenshots of the desk inside the Atelier and it looked much cleaner on PS4 than on PC.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-05A06C03ADE0B815 - Taken by Dream_Journey Trivia Question: In Shadowrun on SNES, this mysterious creature speaks to you in a dark alley at the beginning of the game where you get your first gun (one word, singular)?

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-05A06C03ADE0B815 Trivia Question: In Shadowrun on SNES, this mysterious creature speaks to you in a dark alley at the beginning of the game where you get your first gun (one word, singular)?
Trivia I actually know but I already have this one

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hollow Knight -- MB-05A06C03ADE0B815 - Taken by Dream_Journey Trivia Question: In Shadowrun on SNES, this mysterious creature speaks to you in a dark alley at the beginning of the game where you get your first gun (one word, singular)?

I will be honest, i watched gameplay and found the right answer while doing this . :S

Thanks for this!

Answer was: Dog

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Unworthy. Beneirfactor should try harder to come up with trivia that can't be Googled.

AHA-Lambda

You know, I'm actually rather glad that I don't happen to be interested in Zelda, Horizon or Persona 5 (not that they're available on PC anyway ofc) cos this month is already f*cking insane enough as is D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom