• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
What happened to the game you were making in GameMaker Studio, still working on it?
had to drop it cos the ai work involved in making a stealth game was just too much for me on my own, specially when you have to build a game around it

i made a really cool level editor where you could set up like patrol routes and search points and it had a tile editor and a lot of other cool stuff (it even had skin support cos i was bored one day lol), and the ai was fairly complex, it could do search sweeps based on last known position and nearby interest points and sounded alarms and would react to bodies and had height based cones of visions and would react if you stepped on a puddle close to them, etc.

but the game wasn't really fun or engaging, there were a couple moments where i got some really cool emergent gameplay stuff happening and some silly but awesome strategies but honestly it needed a lot of work to just be better in the minute to minute stuff, the movement and using ur abilities didn't feel great and the ai was kinda smart but in ways that didn't feel great, like you didn't get "huh?! what was that noise?!" tells and it was just really hard to program them in the weirdo neural network thing i had come up with, and i still had to constantly update the level editor to support the new gameplay elements i added and also make the graphics and ui and all that stuff too

i would like to go back to it cos ai is fun but i think i should spend many months researching ai and get an actual team to help me program and make the art and stuff

anyways working on another game atm, this one is top secret for the time being. if haxedevelop was on steam i'd probably be at like 3000 hours or something, i might add gamemaker 2 to steam just because i enjoyed when ppl stopped by and asked me what i was doing hehe

Arthea

There was an update earlier today which added JP interface, according to the community hub.

Japanese text option added, lol.

totoro_raindouf0.gif

Jadax

Holy fuckballs batman!

I just watched a newbie guide to CK2...and damn! This game is giving me the same sort of headaches I used to get during laplace transform classes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
while waiting for Steam sale I checked my twitter, and I've read the most fascinating conversation

1: *makes a twitter post on how a certain separating controller works as an assistant for drawing*
2: so you use it as a pen or input shortcut?
1: input shortcut for my offhand, yeah!
2: oh, why don't you use PS4 or XB controller?
1: they're too big and bulky
2: so you spend more for an extra set of controlelr?
1: no silly, I use the one that came from the system
3: no thanks, I only need my keyboard and mouse

I mean, that's the most non-sensical sequence and reply I've ever seen

iiicon

Holy fuckballs batman!

I just watched a newbie guide to CK2...and damn! This game is giving me the same sort of headaches I used to get during laplace transform classes.

Last summer I watched a 10 hour guide to EUIV and 100 hours of in-game time later I still feel out of my depth. Love games like that.

It's very much unlike the other stuff that Slitherine publishes, and the graphics are... ahem... primitive... but Qvadriga at 66% off this weekend is a steal. Turn based chariot-racing with a persistent campaign that's somewhere between a strategy game and a board game? Yes please.

RPS agrees: here and here

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Overgrowth -- MB-F88FE8517C8E4C4F - Taken by Wok
7 Grand Steps -- MB-A691BF6AB0182F15 - Taken by PaulSane
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-BC35B542F2DF0944
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-B716E23A97E8131F - Taken by Javier23
Ballistick -- MB-AA0BBDBFA8E73816 - Taken by titch
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-9E8D829AFCE05371
Chroma Squad -- MB-A4AE0F1B56ABBCF5
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-92F71F52241D34BD
Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition -- MB-BC9642B3A8527F7B - Taken by Purkake4
Ellipsis -- MB-47A3E4D147239928 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Girls Like Robots -- MB-DB3DA6477E70A882 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-1479E2932DF0DE49 - Taken by DirtRiver
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora Deluxe -- MB-6261452FFA2419D9 - Taken by Zeeman
JumpJet Rex -- MB-36AFF439DD5195D8 - Taken by Saty
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-D6B0801A8962DF27 - Taken by Abomination
Mini Metro -- MB-E2CBCDE88ECE3464 - Taken by skny
Monster Loves You -- MB-AB4F6505B4537917
Mushroom 11 -- MB-B5119AB2869E0410 - Taken by Smeagol
Ninja Pizza Girl -- MB-BB2F6C2A9E16BC3E - Taken by InquisitorAles
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-B5184DF21A89C60F - Taken by Jadax
Potatoman Seeks The Truth -- MB-92844C8A6F5986FC
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-04C17F8CD4BD4AB9 - Taken by Belgarion
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-15BF70E6FA0F9A1E
Rituals -- MB-FE3842C87364EBAC
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-2DF7382C54393B9D - Taken by darkchewie
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-C7195CFF0D6D69D5
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-8E153A359ED469FC - Taken by GrinningColossus
Spirits -- MB-DFD3F5595835E5D2
Sproggiwood -- MB-ADC113EBCA885BB2 - Taken by Arthea
Streamline -- MB-1BAC819784A6DFF1
Super Galaxy Squadron EX -- MB-FF28F6AF86AAE20F - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
TIMEframe -- MB-AC05BD9334E63EAE - Taken by Hakkelus
Team Indie -- MB-260604D40273E2F8 - Taken by bloke
shutshimi -- MB-0BF29FB028EAFFC3 - Taken by Jalal
the witcher 1 (GOG) -- MB-FE95D76230E1F039

Trying out Graze Mode in Danmaku Unlimited 3. Somehow I finally beat the first boss without losing a credit. 1CCing this game is going to take some work. $10 for this game. If you're a fan of this genre this is a STEAL.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

Holy crap! Are you on a controller, keyboard, or joystick? I've got a Rap4Kai fightstick just sitting there...

Also, have you played Caladrius Blaze? If so, how does it compare?

Monooboe

Uhm, why did Assassin's Creed movie get so much hate? I actually really liked it! I was so damn scared as a fan of the games that I would hate the movie but was pleasently suprised.

What did you other AC fans think of the movie?

(I know, very OT, but the games are on Steam at least!:D)

Ruruja

had to drop it cos the ai work involved in making a stealth game was just too much for me on my own, specially when you have to build a game around it

i made a really cool level editor where you could set up like patrol routes and search points and it had a tile editor and a lot of other cool stuff (it even had skin support cos i was bored one day lol), and the ai was fairly complex, it could do search sweeps based on last known position and nearby interest points and sounded alarms and would react to bodies and had height based cones of visions and would react if you stepped on a puddle close to them, etc.

but the game wasn't really fun or engaging, there were a couple moments where i got some really cool emergent gameplay stuff happening and some silly but awesome strategies but honestly it needed a lot of work to just be better in the minute to minute stuff, the movement and using ur abilities didn't feel great and the ai was kinda smart but in ways that didn't feel great, like you didn't get "huh?! what was that noise?!" tells and it was just really hard to program them in the weirdo neural network thing i had come up with, and i still had to constantly update the level editor to support the new gameplay elements i added and also make the graphics and ui and all that stuff too

i would like to go back to it cos ai is fun but i think i should spend many months researching ai and get an actual team to help me program and make the art and stuff

anyways working on another game atm, this one is top secret for the time being. if haxedevelop was on steam i'd probably be at like 3000 hours or something, i might add gamemaker 2 to steam just because i enjoyed when ppl stopped by and asked me what i was doing hehe

Have you ever thought about using Unity? Me and a friend have been working on a game for over a year on that, it's pretty good. Depends what you're making though I suppose.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yeah...

although half of gaf constantly argues with me that the site is totally fine >_>

That's due to a difference of opinion on the matter of legitimacy. Some, such as myself, define it as an official affiliation with the publisher in question while others simply consider any site that doesn't scam people or have otherwise questionable policies to be within the same ballpark (i.e. a store is "legit" if there's little to no risk of being out of pocket). To continue with the example of CD Keys, I don't consider it a legitimate operation as it resells keys taken from physical stock, however many would disagree as the site actually has an excellent track record when it comes to the handling of invalid/region-locked/revoked keys and other such issues, which it generally manages to avoid.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-8B78674969A66CE3 - Taken by Rickenslacker Trivia Question: In Shadowgate, total darkness leads to an encounter with this being (one word)?

Jawmuncher

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-8B78674969A66CE3 - Taken by Rickenslacker Trivia Question: In Shadowgate, total darkness leads to an encounter with this being (one word)?

The answer is Sans from earthbound

Arthea

At least, someone from the Steam thread knows what's up.

http://i.imgur.com/FWugzFh.png[/IMG

I cannot take it anymore!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UV9DnIC.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

you are starting not to make sense, are you well?
tell us how you really feel

[SPOILER]not hyped for any of those games, it's the year of Trails TC[/SPOILER]

That's due to a difference of opinion on the matter of legitimacy. Some, such as myself, define it as an official affiliation with the publisher in question while others simply consider any site that doesn't scam people or have otherwise questionable policies to be within the same ballpark (i.e. a store is "legit" if there's little to no risk of being out of pocket). To continue with the example of CD Keys, I don't consider it a legitimate operation as it resells keys taken from physical stock, however many would disagree as the site actually has an excellent track record when it comes to the handling of invalid/region-locked/revoked keys and other such issues, which it generally manages to avoid.

Yeah, CD Keys is not legit in the sense that none of their sales are approved by the publisher, but they are legit in the sense that there has been no reports of them selling stolen keys. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out that they're a spin-off of an independent game store, and that CD Keys is just using stock that they were getting anyway (it would also explain why they're able to sell Xbox and PSN credit).

hohoXD123

Uhm, why did Assassin's Creed movie get so much hate? I actually really liked it! I was so damn scared as a fan of the games that I would hate the movie but was pleasently suprised.

What did you other AC fans think of the movie?

(I know, very OT, but the games are on Steam at least!:D)

I thought it was ok, don't see why some people hate on it so much. Not terrible by any means but very forgettable.

Press Turn

Neo Member
Ayy, Iconoclasts my eyes still work.

I was right in thinking "huh, this looks like its from the same guy who did Noitu Love- oh shit"

I think I know the answer to this question but I messed up my entry by including the trivia text in it lol :(

Wok

you are starting not to make sense, are you well?
tell us how you really feel

not hyped for any of those games, it's the year of Trails TC

I feel that it is the end of PC gaming. All of the games for which I have been hyped for ages are going to be released this year.

JarrodL

Why can't I see the Mass Effect 3 DLC on Origin? Is it not available in some regions or something?

You buy / access them through the game page in your library, instead of through the store. I think it may have something to do with the fact that DLC from earlier Bioware games (prior to Inquisition) can be only purchased with Bioware points.
originme3.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hollow Knight -- MB-8B78674969A66CE3 - Taken by Rickenslacker Trivia Question: In Shadowgate, total darkness leads to an encounter with this being (one word, ignore previous giveaway, made error)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom