• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Aaron D., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
WWE 2K16 -- MB-BA70A07EB7F2CA45 - Taken by Servizio
Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-C92D21D3506CA97A - Taken by Dream_Journey
Out of the Park Baseball 17 -- MB-F0871E25C41A85BD - Taken by ThirtyFour
Pony Island -- MB-D044F759B1A49DC3 - Taken by Dusk Golem
TIS-100 -- MB-A2DE846D27F0B637 - Taken by kulapik

Orgen

I hate open world games in general, even Witcher 3 doesn't keep my interest for long periods, but I'm in love with the new Zelda.

That's the "beauty" of the game. It appeals to a very broad type of gamer (I'm also not a fan of open world games and I love the new Zelda).

It'll be available on the emulator in a far better state than either of those consoles. Waiting game > cinematic framerate game. Dunno how so many people give N a pass when it comes to framerate.

You still need the console and the game to play it on CEMU, so why don't play it now? (It'll be more difficult to buy a BotW Wii U later).

But enough derailing. I read some in some earlier posts that we shouldn't trust the minimum requirements for Nier and I wanted to know why? I'm pretty interested in the game and have an i7 CPU but my GPU is a 950m so I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the game (and if I do in which conditions).

It'll be available on the emulator in a far better state than either of those consoles. Waiting game > cinematic framerate game. Dunno how so many people give N a pass when it comes to framerate.

The framerates terrible, don't get me wrong but despite all that I'm still loving the game, it really is something special. The Switch and Zelda are definitely far from perfect and have their share of problems but the overall experience of the game has outweighed all that for me.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for GOTY, trivia anon. Not much in my wallet at the moment, but anyone who doesn't have this yet can save almost 3 whole Canadian dollars. (The trivia mode does seem fun.)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nabae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Faster Than Light -- MB-A23DA6DB28ECD9DF - Taken by Stall19 Trivia Question: In Trails in the Sky, what is the FIRST name of the character who is referred to as the Divine Blade?

Its more like the framerate isnt that bad, its totally playable, sure it would be nice if it was a solid 30, but myself and many others havent had that much of an issue with the framerate that it effects our enjoyment. A much bigger issue imo is how damn slow link runs and how quickly his stamina depletes while running, also the damn horse doesnt teleport with you when you quick travel and you cant make it magically appear next to you by whistiling like in witcher 3, now THAT is really frustrating

iosefe

Can you customize the time on those? 3 hours seems so long and lightning raffles seem so short.

there are options for 24, 3 and 15 minutes

if you want to do a 12 hour, you could technically, do a 12 hour one with the autorepost commands, and just never post it, and let the system post it after 12 hours, then with 1 hour remaining

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Why this is so easy to find the answer? :(
It was more of an excuse to spread the Divine Blade's name, but I did immediately regret not making it a question about the latest episode of KonoSuba.

there are options for 24, 3 and 15 minutes

if you want to do a 12 hour, you could technically, do a 12 hour one with the autorepost commands, and just never post it, and let the system post it after 12 hours, then with 1 hour remaining
Thanks for the info.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-A3DFA25B86E59C96 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe Trivia Question: The first letters of these answers, in this order, as one combined word: The creature that causes Gandalf to fall off a bridge, Breath of Fire protagonist, Castlevania: SotN protagonist, the god who lives in a city named after him in Morrowind, Link's horse, Ken's best friend in Street Fighter, Tidus kisses her, it marks the spot?

oipic

Trivia Question: The first letters of these answers, in this order, as one combined word: The creature that causes Gandalf to fall off a bridge, Breath of Fire protagonist, Castlevania: SotN protagonist, the god who lives in a city named after him in Morrowind, Link's horse, Ken's best friend in Street Fighter, Tidus kisses her, it marks the spot?

Next-level ModBot trivia functionality usage right here - very nice work, Anonymous Ben!

data

I put bravery but it's not letting me win
help pls

I sent it at 1:31 too!!!
now I wanna know how fast cheese sent it wtf

I'm pretty sure my lifespan just shortened by a few years lol

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I put bravery but it's not letting me win
help pls

That's probably why the last one is there (it marks the spot), to keep you from rushing because you think you know the answer before answering them all...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why does Windows 10 constantly lose my external HDD? It works swimmingly on Windows 7, but just disappears randomly on W10. I've turned off the sleep mode via WD software, turned off any type of power saving setting, and it still happens.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just thought, "what the hell is a braveryx?"

Its Asterix's second cousin from his mother's side

Also if this Zelda shilling continues Ill have to whip out my Horizon talk, because that game is a good videogame and I want to talk about it and havent out of respect for off topic derailing.

Cth

Its Asterix's second cousin from his mother's side

Also if this Zelda shilling continues Ill have to whip out my Horizon talk, because that game is a good videogame and I want to talk about it and havent out of respect for off topic derailing.

Just picked that one up today. Already sunk 5 hours into it before I had to take my gf to work. Can't wait til she's off work so I can get back to it :D

Kudo

I'm all ears, interested it the game but just not over the edge to buy it. Then again if it's count as off-topic derailing maybe not.

Nier..

def sim

An Internet Persona that is playing League of Legends, World of Warcraft and Runescape according to google

Ah

We all have to make up for Salsa never talking about his 3DS anymore.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Speaking of Nintendo, but staying on topic. I really am growing fond of the Switch Pro Controller as my go to game pad. Much smoother for bluetooth, feels comfortable, and battery life is good.

Why does Windows 10 constantly lose my external HDD? It works swimmingly on Windows 7, but just disappears randomly on W10. I've turned off the sleep mode via WD software, turned off any type of power saving setting, and it still happens.

Just to make sure, you unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." under Devices and Printers and properties for the external hard drive?

If you did and that's not the issue, most of the time it ends up being the host controller driver for whatever USB hub you are using. You could try updating that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I chose, or was chosen, to be allocated one of our finest remaining Modbot Giveaways. I thought so much of SteamGAF that I elected to re-establish my tenure here, in celebration of the gifts so thoughtfully provided by Our BeNierfactors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom