• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vastag

You know, I'm actually rather glad that I don't happen to be interested in Zelda, Horizon or Persona 5 cos this month is already f*cking insane enough as is D:

I kinda feel bad for Hollow Knight, the game is a gem, but is hard to compete with all the great games coming until recently.

Arthea

You know, I'm actually rather glad that I don't happen to be interested in Zelda, Horizon or Persona 5 cos this month is already f*cking insane enough as is D:

preach brother!
Horizon looks great though, and Persona 5 got first 10/10, and Zelda well, is zelda

but yeah, while Firis keeps me occupied plenty, Trails TC is getting near and Cosmic Star Heroine even more so, so April can turn to be no less insane, and that is one scary thought.

Kudo

You know, I'm actually rather glad that I don't happen to be interested in Zelda, Horizon or Persona 5 (not that they're available on PC anyway ofc) cos this month is already f*cking insane enough as is D:

qXhpCGC.gif

I have to question do you even like video games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-5ED22EA05EE53B2D - Taken by Moody Blues Trivia Question: In Yoshi's Island on SNES, if you "come into contact with" this thing, you will "become faint" (one word, singular)?

AHA-Lambda

#NotARealGamer

I have to question do you even like video games.

u mad?

tumblr_nuwrt0Irhv1tiyye6o1_500.gif

Zelda (heck, much of Nintendo in general) has never really interested me.
Horizon, I'm frankly bloody sick to damn death of open world action/adventure games.
Persona I'm not against though, but I've not looked really into it. Aren't those games like 100+ hour turn based dungeon crawlers? Doesn't sound that appealing to me.

I kinda feel bad for Hollow Knight, the game is a gem, but is hard to compete with all the great games coming until recently.

Agreed.
It looks great, and it's shot to the top of my to do list now after I get through the rest of this insane month:

Styx: Shards of Darkness
Nier: Automata
Mass Effect: Andromeda
hmm...
Zero Escape: Nonary Games
Dark Souls 3 DLC #2

ugh...

Ibuki

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hollow Knight -- MB-5ED22EA05EE53B2D - Taken by Moody Blues Trivia Question: In Yoshi's Island on SNES, if you "come into contact with" this thing, you will "become faint" (one word, singular)?

YES!

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hollow Knight -- MB-7D66281B7497D87F - Taken by Nabae Trivia Question: In Final Fantasy VII, this little guy might just be able to fly with a little help from you (one word: his name, not his race)?

I finally did it! Instead of having a really outdated laptop, now I have a kind of outdated PC. I'm so happy right now.
KuGsj.gif

Jokes asides the last time I put some pc parts together I was a teenager and things got so much more easy that even someone clumsy like me (believe me I'm really clumsy) put it together with no hassle.

I finally did it! Instead of having a really outdated laptop, now I have a kind of outdated PC. I'm so happy right now.
KuGsj.gif

Jokes asides the last time I put some pc parts together I was a teenager and things got so much more easy that even someone clumsy like me (believe me I'm really clumsy) put it together with no hassle.

I actually built my own PC last week (first time ever for me doing that)

a lot easier than would be expected

Orgen

u mad?

tumblr_nuwrt0Irhv1tiyye6o1_500.gif

Zelda (heck, much of Nintendo in general) has never really interested me.
Horizon, I'm frankly bloody sick to damn death of open world action/adventure games.
Persona I'm not against though, but I've not looked really into it. Aren't those games like 100+ hour turn based dungeon crawlers? Doesn't sound appealing.

Agreed.
It's at the top of my to do list now after I get through the rest of this insane month:

Styx: Shards of Darkness
Nier: Automata
Mass Effect: Andromeda
hmm...
Zero Escape: Nonary Games
Dark Souls 3 DLC #2

ugh...

Everyone should at least try Zelda BotW. Yeah, is that good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hollow Knight -- MB-05C82A0BF75B7B7A - Taken by Sarcasm Trivia Question: In Final Fantasy VII, you can learn this powerful spell from an enemy near the beginning of the world map if you are brave enough (one word)?

prudislav

some nice looking KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/803274916/legion-1917-rise-of-the-bolsheviks/ too bad they are unlikely to make it at this point :-(

su3lbzb.png

An isometric story-driven turn-based strategy that takes players into the heart of 1917 Russia, when a once mighty empire is crumbling. Fate strikes a terrible blow to one family when a new power is born, forcing them to flee St. Petersburg to save their lives. This new power is the harsh and dangerous Bolshevik state – a state that seems destined to wage permanent civil war against its own citizens in order to create a new type of society.

Players will witness radical changes in society as they depart on a journey through the largest country on Earth.

You will dive deep into tactical combat with various characters. Use cover, melee combat, or deadly grenades and machine guns. With enough skill, you might even be able to get on a train and make it back home.

All of that in our unique hand-drawn graphics with "old school" animations and in distinctive environments powered by Unreal Engine 4.

Planned platforms: PC/Windows, Mac, Linux
Release date: late 2017
Gametime: 7-10 hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh9-4sgYxjo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asoYBeeJfoY

I ain't buying a WiiU or a Switch for one game, let alone one in a series that has never interested me.

Brah I thought the same thing, but let me tell you as someone who gives zero shits about Zelda or a lot of what Nintendo does in general, BoTW is one of the best games I've ever played. It is absolutely worth the price of admission in my opinion.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking this new Trivia thing for ModBot.

Seems like a cool way to gate the key entries.

Also Hollow Knight is so good. I just installed it and wow the art is amazing.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hollow Knight -- MB-05C82A0BF75B7B7A - Taken by Sarcasm Trivia Question: In Final Fantasy VII, you can learn this powerful spell from an enemy near the beginning of the world map if you are brave enough (one word)?
What was it btw? First trivia one I attempted to answer.

Kudo

I ain't buying a WiiU or a Switch for one game, let alone one in a series that has never interested me.
Not trying to sell you anything, as it is your loss after all, and games are not going anywhere. Sometimes you just have to throw your presumptions away to get to enjoy the GOTYs.
The Dear Leader summarizes it pretty well.

How dare you not being interested in what they like! *random anime gif* (Am I doing this right, SteamGAF?)

Orgen

It costs ~400€. It might be good but it's not worth that.

Yep, I could tell you that Wii U has more good games than Zelda but it really is a 350€ game right now, no doubt (and I'm not going to do some Nintendo gospel here). But also is the best game in a very long time so maybe not today or tomorrow but some time from now, when Switch is cheaper or it has a Zelda bundle you could try to get that (or try it on a friend console).

I'm pretty sure that almost any open world fan (and there are a bunch here) would love the new Zelda. But to each his own! ;P

Kudo

I'm pretty sure that almost any open world fan (and there are a bunch here) would love the new Zelda. But to each his own! ;P

I hate open world games in general, even Witcher 3 doesn't keep my interest for long periods, but I'm in love with the new Zelda.

Brah I thought the same thing, but let me tell you as someone who gives zero shits about Zelda or a lot of what Nintendo does in general, BoTW is one of the best games I've ever played. It is absolutely worth the price of admission in my opinion.

It'll be available on the emulator in a far better state than either of those consoles. Waiting game > cinematic framerate game. Dunno how so many people give N a pass when it comes to framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom