• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Need to listen to OSTs from first two Suikoden games for my website, and I have to say - they are some of the finest works Konami as a company did, music-wise (and we're talkig about the same company that has the whole Bemani franchise).

I really, really wish we'd see some PS1 Steam ports, is what I'm saying.

Need to listen to OSTs from first two Suikoden games for my website, and I have to say - they are some of the finest works Konami as a company did, music-wise (and we're talkig about the same company that has the whole Bemani franchise).

I really, really wish we'd see some PS1 Steam ports, is what I'm saying.

Konami has trouble getting thier stuff PS1 stuff out in a timely manner on PSN...a service which has making PS1 games available on newer systems as one of its main points.

Let's not put the cart before the horse here ;p

(That that its shown up on listings, I'm hoping Suikoden 2 comes sooner rather then later).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is £4.94 on GMG. I'm finally going to bite, loved the game when I played it on the PS3!
Woah. That's one crazy prize-tag for and absolutely wonderfull game.
Thanks for the heads-up!

In other news; I do miss the ragdoll physics from previous games, but atleast some of Dark Souls II's enemies still do they're own weird little thing when defeated.

iWQ0bg4eA8t3d.gif

Jawmuncher

Steam apparently tracks game time when offline. Was playing Agarest Zero and it tracked the time I had put in. However closing steam reset the timer. Thought it was interesting since im not aware of any patch that enabled that even if it doesnf work. Looks like something for jshackles to mess with wnen he finally works at valve someday.

Deques

New IndieGala Friday deal

$1
Level 22
  • Kingdom Elemental
  • Slip
  • Sweezy Gunner
  • Clickr
  • Evy Magic Spheres - Desura
  • TR-Zero - Desura - Greenlight

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Level 22 -- MB-A98D4B8CAB60AE4E - Taken by Nabs
Clickr -- MB-870D26E0904D273B - Taken by cardinalmind

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Bureau is also 75% off, 5euros is a damn nice price for it. actually 4 euros with the 20% voucher

In other news; I do miss the ragdoll physics from previous games, but atleast some of Dark Souls II's enemies still do they're own weird little thing when defeated.
I love it when their accessories bug out and start flying everywhere. Kill a guy and his shield goes bouncing off into space.

Rhaknar

The voucher only works if your order is higher than $10 though. Can't use it alone on this game.

thts for the 20% also? thought it was just for the 25%

anyway, 100% orange juice steam keys are up on indieroyale, back to school 2 bundle

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sweezy Gunner -- MB-01B8100DEEB9D4A1 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Level 22 -- MB-4601843D2EEEBF63 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-B7BDFC0EAF9E560C - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.

t1400254198z1.png

Rhaknar

fucking taxes on blink bundles, its the only fuckers that do that. At least their bundles are usually worth it. Anyway, have at it

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sol: Exodus -- MB-1300AC31076FE6C0 - Taken by Sarcasm
Overcast -- MB-6E01DFA9BDEB712B - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Escape Goat -- MB-67A5C21FF0D44CE4 - Taken by nexen
Demolition Inc. -- MB-5EE3A8261ADA7D76 - Taken by KenOD

Jawmuncher

Im watching someone play AC4 on their laptop at about 15FPS at best.
its the saddest thing ive ever seen but hes still enjoying it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I played through the Bureau recently. It's a flawed but interesting game, and it's surprisingly X-Commy. basically it's a cover-based third-person shooter like Mass Effect, but unlike Mass Effect there's pretty significant squad management stuff and you really need to actively manage your party members to make it through battles. The game is very tactical and actually quite difficult--I played on the third of four difficulties and found it incredibly challenging, especially near the beginning of the game. There are four different classes of squad member you can bring with you, each does something different (there's something close to a tank, there's a support buff/debuff guy, there's a long distance / indirect guy...). If your squad members go down, you have an extremely limited amount of time to revive them or they die permanently. As with X-Com, there's an extreme temptation to just restart a combat scenario if one of your dudes died. The game looks great, vibrant colours, decent textures and designs.

The game has sort of 8 or so main campaign missions which take 45 minutes to an hour, and then 6 or 7 side missions which take 20-30 minutes. You can send dudes that are not coming with you on missions to do off-screen missions. If you do, they will level up and you'll get loot--there's no chance of failure.

In between missions you have downtime in your base, and this felt a lot like having a "home" space in the other X-Com games except they have you run around doing Mass Effect style dialogue trees with people. Ultimately the scripting and characters aren't great, but the atmosphere is nice and I enjoyed the base sections. If you want to ignore all this stuff and plow through to the next real mission, the game lets you.

The plot is straight up bonkers and the last two hours are totally messy as hell and barely make sense.

The gameplay has a few flaws: Squad members are not characterized at all, they're just largely mute identical clones. You can change their shirt colours and stuff, but nothing substantial. Because each power/ability has an individual cooldown, in the late game you can dominate a lot by just setting up initial positions before a battle starts and spamming every single power individually one by one... then unpausing the game and just watching enemies drop dead. Powers including drones, turrets, and attack blobs so typically in my case 5 seconds into a fight I'd have like 8 different things attacking the enemies, my sniper would have done an OHKO headshot and turned invisible, etc. Loot is kind of irrelevant and I never really felt like I was getting "better" gear over the course of the game. Enemy variety is kind of low and the game gets variety out of combat scenarios rather than enemy types. Sometimes squad members would not use cover as effectively as I wanted them to and thus get blasted. Enemy AI is smart but not genius and sometimes it's easy to pick them off when you have an obvious AI fuckup. Grenades and abilities are overpowered, guns are underpowered. And even though there are four ally classes, you can only take two allies on any given section of a mission, you typically have no warning as to what kind of combat design the upcoming areas will have, and the checkpoint save system basically means if you lose and load a save you're not going to get the chance to swap allies--so basically you end up just picking your two favourites and using them 100% of the time. There are also some minor "getting hitched on cover" or terrain navigation issues.

The biggest issue of all is that if you play on a controller, the same button says "Both squad members, focus your attack on this enemy" and "Both squad members, walk to this area". In the middle of a battle, pressing that button means gambling the entire outcome of the battle on the game's context-sensitivity picking up that you meant kill an enemy instead of meaning "run out into the open and get blasted, idiots".

It took me 15 hours to 100% complete the game and all side quests on the third difficulty of four, so it's a pretty substantial game. I'm told the DLC is not at all worth it, so I didn't pick it up. All-in-all I feel very glad I played it and enjoyed it a good deal, despite some frustrations and failed executions. If you're the kind of person who does not want a challenge, play on an easier difficulty because this is going to drive you mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom