• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

What does the Giraffe say?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Giraffe -- MB-67D2BCD0CB5E4C96 - Taken by RoadDogg. 12 entrants total.

t1400267564z1.png

That you're fuckin' awesome. :)

Speaking of awesome -- my Dark Souls 2 character is pretty awesome. I had to go deal with some bell bros yesterday and even though I am one, I did not show mercy. It took some really cheap tactics and me at <75% cursed health for them to be winning 2 on 1. The couple one on ones either won because of network lag or they were crushed by my hand. ^_^

Never heard of it, but by the look of it it reminds me of Tempest, so colour me interested, I'll give it a try!

I really do recommend looking up a video of Space Giraffe game play first. For some, the visuals can be quite disorientating or worse.

The video I'm watching has been posted pparently by Jeff Minter himself, it's not by chance that it reminded me of Tempest!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I really do recommend looking up a video of Space Giraffe game play first. For some, the visuals can be quite disorientating or worse.

Nakazato

It's great, especially with friends. So don't be afraid to ask for a SteamGAF race (up to eight players) some time.

ehh its igght

Sorry to disappoint you but it's not good.
It's fantastic.

Great game. Runs smooth even on my older machine.

It's dope as shit

This make me feel like my purchase is justified

You did buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed right?
yes

Lain

I'm so close to pre-purchase Watch Dogs after that stupid but fun real life video. Hopefully I'll be able to resist.

fozzy

Not much, but maybe there is someone who doesn't have this yet.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-1D35A959C4C30CCC - Taken by Scipius[/QUOTE]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm so close to pre-purchase Watch Dogs after that stupid but fun real life video. Hopefully I'll be able to resist.

Buy it.
Then sink 96 hours into it.
Then curse the heavens when you realise Uplay deleted your save.
Then sink another 120-odd hours into it.

pahamrick

Awesomenauts!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Awesomenauts -- MB-402F6944C8EBF8A7 - Taken by Nakazato. 1 entrants total.

t1400269490z1.png

Dr Dogg

Buy it.
Then sink 96 hours into it.
Then curse the heavens when you realise Uplay deleted your save.
Then sink another 120-odd hours into it.

Lightning can't strike twice can it? Oh who am I kidding I'm going to have my saves backed up about 4 or 5 times.

During the media blow out earlier this month someone asked Jonathan Morin how long the game is to 100% and he said it took him 35hrs to finish up the main story and would take 100hrs+ to 100%. I wonder how many times his save went down?

JaseC

Lightning can't strike twice can it? Oh who am I kidding I'm going to have my saves backed up about 4 or 5 times.

During the media blow out earlier this month someone asked Jonathan Morin how long the game is to 100% and he said it took him 35hrs to finish up the main story and would take 100hrs+ to 100%. I wonder how many times his save went down?

I always subtract 25% from dev-touted figures to account for overstatement. It's proven to be reasonably accurate thus far. But to answer your question, eleventy.

JaseC

AoE3 on humble store is tempting.
Microsoft is probably never going to make a GFWL bought AoE3 steam redeemable, right?

AoE3 doesn't use GFWL, so, yeah, there's little chance of digital/physical retail keys being made Steam-friendly since there's no pressing reason to patch in Steamworks.

Dr Dogg

I always subtract 25% from dev-touted figures to account for overstatement. It's proven to be reasonably accurate thus far. But to answer your question, eleventy.

Hahaha blimey you're being generous. Just look at Ubi's oft touted '60 minutes of exclusive gameplay' which usually is about 20 mins tops if you do everything. Watch Dogs confirmed 33 mins to 100% by my barmy maths.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
uprising 44 has been out for over a month and past bundles still have no keys, smh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a good game and it shouldn't be avoided because of Uplay. But alas, you are right. Though not because it is in this thread, but just because of full disclosure.

unfortunately there are still people that think everything redeems on steam (or new users for example) that might not click the spoiler thinking its a game spoiler

the fact that a uplay deal is even here is another matter entirely, one that I dont agree with, but thats neither here nor there, its more for the recent influx of new users that still dont understand the whole key thing yet might get fooled is all

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, look, it's like there's another Humble thingy:

EDIT: gonna do a second one cause something got messed up.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (En Ex, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dear Esther -- MB-58230259B747C3A5 - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-3EBD6E67254B42D4 - Taken by koma. 5 entrants total.
Capsized -- MB-088A406D78C4507A - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.

t1400271415z1.png

Rhaknar

todays releases 100% Orange Juice, Dark Scavanger, Radcal Roach and Chompy Chomp have all beet in bundles before.

Orange juice key is up at indieroyale, the others arent yet in their various bundles

Nzyme32

A bit of topic, but I just saw the trailer for the new Christopher Nolan film "Interstellar" that is partially about humans having to planning to leave Earth. It's out several weeks before Civ - Beyond Earth releases, so might be a nice part of an entertaining build up since no one has any clue as to what Earth's "great mistake" is, and this film explores a similar concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom